• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Thank you for the congratulations, @Idhrendur, @Nikolai and @El Pip!

Long past time to hand it off, methinks!

For this one I'm going to nominate an HOI4 AAR, The Dawn Is Near, a White Russian AAR by @Khanconette.

For those of you who know me, you're probably thinking, 'What's this radical leftie @Revan86 doing, nominating a Tsarist AAR in which the commies are the bad guys?' In fact, I'm just a fan of this AAR on account of it being a well-written story, with some exquisitely-written character pieces, journalistic and epistolary segments, and an overall feel (augmented by the impressive 3p graphics and text art) that gives you both the awe of being inside a historical museum and a degree of touching intimacy which renders the characters (both historical and fictional) believable and three-dimensional. This is an even more incredible accomplishment when one considers that English is not @Khanconette's native tongue!

It's currently on a long-term hold, but like many of you, I'm sure, I'm awaiting @Khanconette's return to the keyboard. In the meantime, step up and take a well-deserved bow!

• 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For my sins I've had this one on my reading list since the last time it won an award, the opening chapters are indeed excellent so I will assume the rest are as well given this award win. Congratulations indeed @Khanconette may the hold on the work last long enough for me to catch up, but no longer. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Viola approves.
Sverker suffers.

And I thank you. Looking at the index, the last time an AAR of mine received this was 13 years ago, the EU: Rome MP AAR "We Three Kings" with Jarkko and Wyvern. How time flies.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Peter Ebbesen

I heartily approve of those skilled and persistent enough to maintain a successful comedy AAR, for any period of time. It isn’t easy. At the least the CK series gives plenty of raw material for those who wish to mine it!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Comedy is not only hard to write but even harder to sustain. Peter is a master and I doff my virtual cap every single time, sir. Well done!

Reactions: