• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idhrendur

Keeper of the Converters
108 Badges
Feb 27, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Sengoku
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
Hi, everyone! The team is back with yet another converter for you to enjoy. If you aren't aware what these do, this tool will allow you to convert an Imperator game into a CK2 mod.

If you'd like to join the team, feel free to hop on over to the development thread.

The converter has detailed documentation available at its wiki page, please read it if you need any explanation on how the conversion works.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Current Release

Latest Belgae Release (Download)
BelgaeReleaseBanner.png

Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings II 3.3. Compatible with CK2ToEU4. Help with the data files and translations is welcome.

Past Releases
0.1 - Assyrian
0.2 - Belgae

FAQ

Q
: Is this the official converter?
A: This converter has been done by the same team that specializes in other Paradox converters: Imperator->CK3, Imperator->CK2, CK3->EU4, CK2->EU4, EU4->Vic3, EU4->Vic2, Vic3->HoI4, Vic2->HoI4, and others. It is not official, but it produces as accurate conversion as possible.

Q: I have an ironman save. Can it be converted?
A: Yes.

Q: What about mods?
A: Unless they change how cultures, religions or flags work, sure, use mods. Total map overhauls are not supported (of course), and whatever new cultures and religions are brought by the mod - you'll have to add manually in the files in configurables folder.

Quick Troubleshooting

Q
: When starting conversion, conversion immediately ends, not producing anything.'
A: You'll need to install Java. You can download it from https://www.java.com/en/download/

Q: ConverterFrontend didn't even launch. What do I do?
A: Run VC_redist.x64.exe in the converter directory and try again.

Q: I loaded my mod, but nothing changed. What's wrong?
A: Is the mod enabled in the launcher? If so, then CK2 refused to load it due to possible errors. Respond to this thread and upload your save, log.txt and errors.txt so we may debug.

Q: The country crashes upon selecting a country and pressing play (at map selection)
A: Upload your save, log.txt and errors.txt to this thread for further study.

Q: The game forbids me to select nations.
A: Upload your save, log.txt and errors.txt to this thread for further study.

Support the Converters

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Reserved for future posts

The first official release of the Imperator:Rome to CK II converter is here! Development started back in April of 2020 and has been built entirely from the ground up in Java

• 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The first official release of the Imperator:Rome to CK II converter is here! Development started back in April of 2020 and has been built entirely from the ground up in Java

Good people of the forums, the lead developer of this converter!

How do I use this java thing to make this work?Tried this myself but I think I made more problems instead.
Once you download it from the website, you run it and Java will automatically install. Once Java has been installed, there's nothing more you need to do with Java. Then you should be able to unzip ImperatorToCK2-0.1Assyrian.zip and run ConverterFrontend.exe like the other converters

Reactions:
In my very first try,I unzipped the converter first,then installed java.It did not work.I then tried to open jar file separatly with java it did not work and its log txt is just empty.I then deleted the converter,and downloaded and unzipped it again while having java,it still did not work.
I then reinsttaled java,again unzipped the converter,starting fresh.But the jar log txt then said [ERROR] java.io.FileNotFoundException: configuration.txt but I do have the configuration txt.I have no idea what is going on.

In my very first try,I unzipped the converter first,then installed java.It did not work.I then tried to open jar file separatly with java it did not work and its log txt is just empty.I then deleted the converter,and downloaded and unzipped it again while having java,it still did not work.
I then reinsttaled java,again unzipped the converter,starting fresh.But the jar log txt then said [ERROR] java.io.FileNotFoundException: configuration.txt but I do have the configuration txt.I have no idea what is going on.
Run ConverterFrontend.exe.

ConverterFrontend exe never worked and it still does not.It gives the same error which troubleshooting says you should download java to fix.But I do have the java which I downloaded and installed from the link you guys gave.

ConverterFrontend exe never worked and it still does not.It gives the same error which troubleshooting says you should download java to fix.But I do have the java which I downloaded and installed from the link you guys gave.
Try this link here, and under Java SE Development Kit 16.0.2, download the Windows x64 Installer: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/jdk16-archive-downloads.html

It's another version of Java that might fix the issue

Once it's downloaded and installed, try running the converter again

Last edited:
I am afraid friend,fixed nothing.Still frontend acts like there is no java when I try to use the frontend exe or open the jar file.With the jdk16.

I added a new item to the faq, but if ConverterFrontend isn't running run VC_redist.x64.exe in the converter directory.