• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A big week @nuclearslurpee - first an honorary PhD from the alt-Turkish Ataturk Institute of Strategic Studies and now this! Congrats. :D Thanks for your support.

Great nom @Finshades - and my policy on TT is anyone catching up is very welcome to comment along the way if they feel like it. I not only won’t mind, I’ll enjoy the engagement and will be fondly reminded of TT alt-history :) And I won’t spoil in any replies I make to your comments. ;)

Congratulations!

A massive thank you to @Wraith11B for the honour! I'm glad to know my comments have been a positive influence, as the WritAARs certainly deserve a lot of that. I hope to be able to continue contributing from the sidelines :)

Big thanks to all for the congratulations! It is an honour - and I promise to keep supporting the HoI AAR community!

Now, being a mere commentAAR myself, this has been a tough call - after all, I have no AARs for people to comment on! However, after scouring the forums for a nominee who is, in my opinion, deserving, I found a few candidates, but after seeing that one hadn't received this recognition yet, I knew I had my nominee.

I am pleased to announce another first-time award, this time the title and the fame goes to @nuclearslurpee who has been active in many of the AARs I have followed, including Talking Turkey by the venerable @Bullfilter (which I am still catching up on, I promise I will comment eventually :oops:). Congratulations!

Well, this is a shocker. Logging in and seeing my notifications box so full, at first I thought everyone had gone and updated their AARs at once! But this, this is also very nice and a wonderful surprise. :p

A big week @nuclearslurpee - first an honorary PhD from the alt-Turkish Ataturk Institute of Strategic Studies and now this! Congrats. :D Thanks for your support.

Great nom @Finshades - and my policy on TT is anyone catching up is very welcome to comment along the way if they feel like it. I not only won’t mind, I’ll enjoy the engagement and will be fondly reminded of TT alt-history :) And I won’t spoil in any replies I make to your comments. ;)

It has indeed been a whirlwind of a week for your humble wartime strategy correspondent. I'd like to accept this award on behalf of UGNR journalists everywhere - let this be an encouragement to all that you, too, may someday earn prestigious awards for wasting time on the internet instead of doing your job for the Glorious Union! :p

And to the rest - thank you all sincerely for your congrats. I shall have to give serious thought as to whose trophy case this award should visit next... o_O

Yes, yes, indeed, we ought to keep things moving along...

It is with great pleasure that I pass this award on to @TheButterflyComposer this week! A fellow honorary graduate of the alt-Turkish Ataturk Institute for Strategic Studies, his contributions as a readAAR and commentAAR to Talking Turkey, in particular, have been as instrumental to the progress of the AAR as they have been exhaustive, stimulating much spirited discussion in that thread!

Congratulations!

Many erudite and astute comments flow the virtual pen of our good @TheButterflyComposer and we are all thankful for it, I know well. Some flights of fancy come forth as well about imaginary worlds that we build and it is to his credit that he reads that deeply. Thank you for your comments and readership, sir, and congratulations on an honor well earned! :)

Aye well done to that man-always deeply insightful, oftentimes helpful, his exhaustive comments are much looked for and always welcome

Yes, yes, indeed, we ought to keep things moving along...

It is with great pleasure that I pass this award on to @TheButterflyComposer this week! A fellow honorary graduate of the alt-Turkish Ataturk Institute for Strategic Studies, his contributions as a readAAR and commentAAR to Talking Turkey, in particular, have been as instrumental to the progress of the AAR as they have been exhaustive, stimulating much spirited discussion in that thread!

Many thanks, I always do enjoy your comments in TT. And I do like this award too, perhaps most out of all of them. A community of writers requires commentary to survive after all.

Congratulations!

Thanks to all, I do appreciate it.

Nicely done @nuclearslurpee! My dear Darth Kelebek (aka @TheButterflyComposer) an honour richly deserved! The Red Butterfly/Kelebek Kompositor flies again! :D

Thanks my friend. I do love your AARs so. TT has a very good comments section attached to it and I think we all bounce off of each other very well in that regard. Kelebek I think merely 'broke the ice', or something like that.

Everyone can read it here.

Many erudite and astute comments flow the virtual pen of our good @TheButterflyComposer and we are all thankful for it, I know well. Some flights of fancy come forth as well about imaginary worlds that we build and it is to his credit that he reads that deeply. Thank you for your comments and readership, sir, and congratulations on an honour well earned! :)

Oh we all love my flights of fancy. Especially when I do an analysis in depth and then immediately get caught out as incorrect by the next reply:p
I've pulled back a great deal on this forum in the past few months but circumstance permit a bit more free time to relax now than before. I'm sure I can crush the last 20 chapters you put out this week [citation needed] at some point but just to guess blindly from some old favourites: England is in danger, the Monarchy is doing weird stuff, Mercia is the centre of attention like always and Edward is feeling inadequate.

Everyone go read all about it.

Aye well done to that man-always deeply insightful, oftentimes helpful, his exhaustive comments are much looked for and always welcome

And add greatly to the page count of any given thread when I go overboard...
But I like to do such things on good work, and look at things from differing viewpoints and look into the historical side or what people in-universe must be thinking etc. etc. It is to the credit of many others that there is a lot on this site to dive into like that.

Incidentally, read his stuff here.

Thanks very much.

To all: I will be posting the usual list of recommendations for good reads and various fans at the end of the week but for now, should you for some reason be lacking in reading matter, you may wish to check out my own works WHICH I AM NOW UPDATING AGAIN!

Ahem, or follow the few links already given above. I have been somewhat remiss of late on these particular Award threads so I shall be endeavouring to be more visible in future. Lurking has been pretty much my default for the last few months due to necessity. Apparently I've still been around enough however.

Happy reading!