• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One of the mods needs to bring the title thread up to date (hint hint ;))

Time for me to pass this on and it was a difficult one as I am reading some particularly good AARs at the moment. I will, however, go with a writer who I have greatly admired for his history book style but who has recently launched his foray into narrative storytelling with his [URL="https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-little-dux.1041288/"]The Little Dux[/URL] tale. And what a tale but he has already crafted a very believable title character: the dwarf Cosma, as yet a boy but a character who will soon rise to rule the merchant city of Venice as Doge.

Well done @TheButterflyComposer for orchestrating such a believable protagonist in only a few early chapters

One of the mods needs to bring the title thread up to date (hint hint ;))

Time for me to pass this on and it was a difficult one as I am reading some particularly good AARs at the moment. I will, however, go with a writer who I have greatly admired for his history book style but who has recently launched his foray into narrative storytelling with his The Little Dux tale. And what a tale but he has already crafted a very believable title character: the dwarf Cosma, as yet a boy but a character who will soon rise to rule the merchant city of Venice as Doge.

Well done @TheButterflyComposer for orchestrating such a believable protagonist in only a few early chapters

You really are trying to bribe me back into writing that, aren't you?;) Actually have gone over notes so it could happen this week.
Thank you for the award. I never expected to receive it for Albion (given how the only character in it is the narrator/the book itself) but I am pleased that my first narrative AAr hasn't been a complete disaster as of yet.

You really are trying to bribe me back into writing that, aren't you?;) Actually have gone over notes so it could happen this week.
Thank you for the award. I never expected to receive it for Albion (given how the only character in it is the narrator/the book itself) but I am pleased that my first narrative AAr hasn't been a complete disaster as of yet.
Quite the opposite-it is a densely written and utterly immersive tale-get writing! haha

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting read, @TheButterflyComposer . Going by what I've touched so far, certainly a very well deserved honour.

Congratulations!

@TheButterflyComposer I do feel you are just showing off now. I'm still catching up with your tale of Italian midgets and thus far it seems this award is indeed very well deserved. But should you follow this up with winning something in the Q3 AARland Choice Awards (voting open now) you will stand condemned as as show off. ( ;) )

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting read, @TheButterflyComposer . Going by what I've touched so far, certainly a very well deserved honour.

One can only hope.

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer ! No rush with posting.

Very many congratulations @TheButterflyComposer

I second all here.:) You picked an interesting challenge and are doing well. Hopefully your schedule will soon lessen and you can continue both.;)

Congratulations!

Thank you all. My schedule is clearing up somewhat (or is lulling right now due to waiting on bureaucracy in the Union) and I a man planning on updating this week if at all possible since I have half finished chapter compiled.

There's a good amount of rope to hang myself with...

@TheButterflyComposer I do feel you are just showing off now. I'm still catching up with your tale of Italian midgets and thus far it seems this award is indeed very well deserved. But should you follow this up with winning something in the Q3 AARland Choice Awards (voting open now) you will stand condemned as as show off. ( ;) )

As stated above, if it's showing off, then it's effortlessly done (quite literally). Is that better or worse, I can't tell:)?
I doubt I would come anywhere near the Q3 awards for CKII considering what is on offer elsewhere (longer, better AARs with regular scheduling? :oops:) so no worries there.
It is however a pretty nice thing to get to kick me back into gear with Little Dux (and EoA, now one year old!). Fortunately for you fan of the story (for whatever reason), the game part is already mostly done so the write up of it, whilst slow, will be completed. The same cannot be said for Albion...but I hope so.

Thanks again for the award guys, especially as many of you are writers I've been a fan of since high school. Sort of weird to be in that circle now. :eek:

But should you follow this up with winning something in the Q3 AARland Choice Awards (voting open now) you will stand condemned as as show off. ( ;) )

I doubt I would come anywhere near the Q3 awards for CKII considering what is on offer elsewhere (longer, better AARs with regular scheduling? :oops:) so no worries there.
Don't forget to cast your votes though! :) You still have plenty of time until November 12th, but it never hurts to remember.

Congratulations @TBC, me old mate! This tale (along with a few other CK2 tales) is definitely on my reading list for when work relents a bit. I’m slowly getting through the backlog ...

Alrighty. I was leafing through AARs this week and there's a lot of good character stuff going on at the moment. However, I then noticed that The Bold Prince hadn't been nominated yet. Whilst it is very popular, I feel that the two brothers, King Uhtræd and Prince Eadward, are more than deserving of the award by themselves, and they are by no means the only interesting and well developed characters in this AAR sequel to The Rightful King ( also full of good character writing).

So I'd like to give the award to @coz1 for the King and Chancellor of England in The Bold Prince.

Edit: Oh, and thankyou to everyone else for their kind words about Little Dux. I am slowly getting into writing again so this was a good shot in the arm. Comments are the lifeblood, as many people say.

Last edited:
Congratulations @coz1 !