• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks everyone. I didn't have any expectations when began writing this AAR. I thought it was more of a thing for myself, and perhaps a good way to improve my writing skills. But I thought why not post it here, maybe someone will find joy in reading it. Seeing people reading it and speculating over various things within the AAR has been very rewarding.
I'm fairly new here, and everyone has been quite forthcoming.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Amel12 the intent is for you to pick a successor a week after being chosen. Any AARs you'd like to mention/feature?

Alternatively, the first post in the thread suggests the person who nominated the awardee could pick another after 2 weeks. @CBR JGWRR

Rensslaer

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to highlight "Deeper Understanding" by @Von Acturus, a captivating collection of short stories that delve into events and phenomena inspired by the game Stellaris.
These short stories tackle a range of compelling themes, from the hidden costs of convenience and the impact of technology on society, to the moral dilemmas faced in uncharted territories.
Since the things that happen in Stellaris are mostly in your own head, it's interesting to read someone else's take on the game's events and phenomena. "Deeper Understanding" gives you imaginative stories based on experiences in the game, offering a fresh perspective on the events in Stellaris.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not annoyed, I'm not even disappointed. At this point I'd be more surprised if Stellaris incest didn't occur, it's like Paradox games and the sea - of course it's going to go wrong, the only question is how. ;)

Still congratulations @Amel12 on being the best in Stellaris this week.
As Stellaris wpuld habe said it if she was a loving being (she moght be!):

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
’Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
As Stellaris wpuld habe said it if she was a loving being (she moght be!):
An interesting poetic choice. But lets be honest Stellaris would be much more likely to comment on someone having "A real purty mouth", then the space banjos start playing as the scene (thankfully) fades to black. On which note I see the award has remained within Stellaris again, how unexpected.

But that is not the fault of our winner, because it is indeed an excellent work. I do love an anthology, perhaps given the nature of the games we don't get many collections of short one-shots and vignettes of different places, so when we do they should be celebrated, particularly when they are this well written. So congratulations indeed @Von Acturus on a well deserved win.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hah, I didn’t notice all the spelling errors earlier @El Pip . I hate virtual keyboards. :p Maya Angelou was a gifted poet.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @Von Acturus ! Maybe pick a non-Stellaris AAR for the next Showcase? We wouldn't want @El Pip to get upset to the point of exploding I suppose.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations! Another chapter is in the works, should go out early in the next week.

Now I'd like to nominate @TheButterflyComposer for his magnificent work of alternate history Tomorrow Belongs to Me: Democratic Germany AAR which I'm reading at a snail's pace since the richness of detail and all the minute deviations which lead to major ripples from our history aLL take time to be duly appreciated.

Edit: typo.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Dominate @TheButterflyComposer ? Poor soul! Or, perhaps he's into it... In any case, congratulations!

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Dominate @TheButterflyComposer ? Poor soul! Or, perhaps he's into it...
A definite Freudian typo from @Von Acturus .
DYAEiOu.gif

That important matter dealt with, congratulations to our worthy winner TBC.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats TBC!

• 1Like
Reactions: