• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduction and Q&A

El Pip

Lord of Slower-than-real-time
48 Badges
Dec 13, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
What is going on here?
It is a slightly contrived Q-and-A session that serves as the introduction to a new AAR

How Meta. No, I meant what are you doing here. The HOI section is over that-away.
I know. This is an El Pip CK2 AAR.

What madness is this?
What better way to start this new year than with something different and arguably heretical?

And do you have something new to do?
I do hope so. You are not arguing the heretical?

No, no. This is definitely heretical.
Fair enough.

So what is your plan?
Take a throwaway one line joke about a CK2 prequel/sequel to a venerable HOI2 AAR and turn it into an actual story

Is there actually enough material in that to sustain a story?

We shall find out together.

Do you actually know how to play CK2?
Not as such. But how hard can it be? Plus I intend to utterly hide the game.

No screenshots?
No, I shall use something (hopefully) better. On which note, let us begin.

• 2Love
Reactions:
Chapter I
M7R2Yrp.jpg

dODqFwC.jpg

f5aeO20.jpg

DixXcR9.jpg

9XgGRlX.jpg

idz5uxT.jpg

HmS61rf.jpg

gOGhIt8.jpg

• 13Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A CK2 tapestry based graphical novel? OK, I’m willing to give it a look ...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am getting King Of Dragon Pass vibes from the artwork....

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am unsure if CK is short for Class Kindergarten or Crack is King! Please Please tell the Bastard that all the Gold in London Town is in Davy Jones Locker! Hopefully this is as much fun to write as it is to read. @El Pip, is this not better than smoking whiskey and drinking cigars with Winnie the Pooh while arranging for Uncle Joe and Cousin Adolf to duel in a Polish Grotto with Winged Hussars providing security and controlling exiting? Thank you for brightening my Monday morning!

• 2Like
Reactions:
So the lord of Halifax wishes to build a church, likely on a hill given the geography of Yorkshire, perhaps with the help of his chamberlain?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Interesting way to tell the story. I'll be sure to watch.

Reactions:
This is obviously excellent. Very good show Mr Pip.

What is going on here?
It is a slightly contrived Q-and-A session that serves as the introduction to a new AAR

How Meta. No, I meant what are you doing here. The HOI section is over that-away.
I know. This is an El Pip CK2 AAR.

What madness is this?
What better way to start this new year than with something different and arguably heretical?

And do you have something new to do?
I do hope so. You are not arguing the heretical?

No, no. This is definitely heretical.
Fair enough.

So what is your plan?
Take a throwaway one line joke about a CK2 prequel/sequel to a venerable HOI2 AAR and turn it into an actual story

Is there actually enough material in that to sustain a story?
We shall find out together.

Do you actually know how to play CK2?
Not as such. But how hard can it be? Plus I intend to utterly hide the game.

No screenshots?
No, I shall use something (hopefully) better. On which note, let us begin.

This Q&A intro gives me the strangest feeling, like I'm over on AH dot com about to read about the exploits of prime minister Willie Whitelaw or some such…

So the lord of Halifax wishes to build a church, likely on a hill given the geography of Yorkshire, perhaps with the help of his chamberlain?

And perhaps also a young butler?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Perhaps appropriately I have been much waylaid by ancient monuments and the idiocy of the French this week, so I apologies for not responding till now.

A CK2 tapestry based graphical novel? OK, I’m willing to give it a look ...
v59ZwGS.gifv

I am getting King Of Dragon Pass vibes from the artwork....
I was unfamiliar with that, but a quick google image search later and I agree. The style is (unintentionally) similar.
I am unsure if CK is short for Class Kindergarten or Crack is King! Please Please tell the Bastard that all the Gold in London Town is in Davy Jones Locker! Hopefully this is as much fun to write as it is to read. @El Pip, is this not better than smoking whiskey and drinking cigars with Winnie the Pooh while arranging for Uncle Joe and Cousin Adolf to duel in a Polish Grotto with Winged Hussars providing security and controlling exiting? Thank you for brightening my Monday morning!
I have enjoyed making this one. It gets a bit tricky trying to do anything complex or subtle in tapestry and not just cover the parchment in words, but thus far it has been a fun challenge. I'm also very pleased you and others seem to be enjoying it.

You have it entirely correct on every level.
Z3wSg01.gif

In this story he must work like a beaver and brook no argument, he may not be creating another eden but he must build his church.
Interesting way to tell the story. I'll be sure to watch.
I hope you continue to enjoy it. :)
This is obviously excellent. Very good show Mr Pip.
Too kind thank you,
This Q&A intro gives me the strangest feeling, like I'm over on AH dot com about to read about the exploits of prime minister Willie Whitelaw or some such…
I did absolutely steal the idea from that other place, it is a conceit I quite like and have wanted to use for a while.
And perhaps also a young butler?
I cannot imagine Lord Halifax without a butler (of any kind).

This is incredible!
High praise indeed. Thank you. :)

Now however I bring good tidings. The weavers have completed their work for the week and we have another roll of parchment to study for your edification and enjoyment.

Reactions:
Chapter II
LmPciMZ.jpg

jQj7ija.jpg

GqvDNrQ.jpg

BTaMDCr.jpg

ylX6cqE.jpg

f1aHtuD.jpg

zvaFUDB.jpg

88xaCpk.jpg

NiaJyVL.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
What stunning foresight from Halifax! Truly a leader for the ages!

Reactions:
Hourrah for Halifax! The Lord doth speaketh through him, for certes. Prithee, dost thou claim the Bastard be now wholly done down, his threat ended?

• 4Like
Reactions:
What stunning foresight from Halifax! Truly a leader for the ages!
His wisdom and tactical genius knows no bounds. There are of course two ways for something to know no boundaries, but let us pretend it is the positive one.

Hourrah for Halifax! The Lord doth speaketh through him, for certes. Prithee, dost thou claim the Bastard be now wholly done down, his threat ended?
The Bastard be vanquished and I declaim with proude certainty that he is no more a threat to the goode and righteous king.

(Because for once I've actually played to the end point of the AAR before writing it, so I know what is coming ;) )

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I wish I had advisors like this Halifax guy. Not sure how it would be of use in my daily life, but I do know people from Normandy so who knows?

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I wish I had advisors like this Halifax guy. Not sure how it would be of use in my daily life, but I do know people from Normandy so who knows?
Do you often have the need to justify choices that appear cowardly, but are actually really, really brave and clever decisions that just look a bit cowardly? If so Lord H could be just the advisor for you.

'Gulp' indeed
:)

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Do you often have the need to justify choices that appear cowardly, but are actually really, really brave and clever decisions that just look a bit cowardly? If so Lord H could be just the advisor for you
Can he justify my corwadice as bravery? Cause if so he got the job, I'd use him everyday!

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm in for the ride!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm joining too !

The Earl of Halifax is irresistable.

• 2Like
Reactions: