• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idhrendur

Keeper of the Converters
108 Badges
Feb 27, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Sengoku
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
Hi, everyone! The team is back with yet another converter for you to enjoy. If you aren't aware what these do, this tool will allow you to convert an Imperator game into a CK3 mod.

If you'd like to join the team, feel free to hop on over to the development thread.

The converter has detailed documentation available at its wiki page, please read it if you need any explanation on how the conversion works.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you never used a converter before, READ THIS FAQ. It contains detailed instructions how to use converters. It also helps with many common issues. When in doubt - READ THE FAQ.
image.png

Latest Release
LatestReleaseBanner.png

Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings III 1.9-1.12.
Imperator: Invictus saves are recommended. Support for vanilla I:R saves is deprecated.
Compatible with CK3ToEU4. Help with the data files and translations is welcome.

Past Releases
9.0 - Titus
8.0 - Vespasian
7.0 - Vitellius
6.0 - Otho
3.0 - Claudius
2.0 - Caligula
0.2.1 - Tiberius
0.1 - Augustus

FAQ

Q
: Is this the official converter?
A: This converter has been done by the same team that specializes in other Paradox converters: Imperator->CK3, Imperator->CK2, CK3->EU4, CK2->EU4, EU4->Vic3, EU4->Vic2, Vic3->HoI4, Vic2->HoI4, and others. It is not official, but it produces as accurate conversion as possible.

Q: How do I use this?
A: Watch this video:

Q: I have an ironman save. Can it be converted?
A: Yes.

Q: What about mods?
A: The converter officially supports these mods:
- Imperator: Invictus (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2532715348)
- Timeline Extension for Invictus (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2845446001)
- TE : Crisis of the third century (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2858320715)
As for other mods, unless they change the map or how cultures, religions or flags work, you can probably use them.
Total map overhauls are not supported (of course), and whatever new cultures and religions are brought by the mod - you'll have to add manually in the files in configurables folder.

Q: How can I customize my game after converting?
A: Use the guide in after_converting.txt in the converter subdirectory. Scan through configurables/ folder and look into the myriad of configuration files - a great majority of these files is intended to be modified by users to achieve
specific conversion results.

Quick Troubleshooting

Q: I can't run ConverterFrontend on MacOS.
A: You might need to remove the quarantine from the converter by executing this command in the terminal:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine -r <directory containing the ConverterFrontend binary>

Q: When starting conversion, conversion immediately fails, not producing anything.
A: It's probably caused by your antivirus. Add the converter files to your antivirus' exclusion list. If you don't know how to, completely disable the antivirus. If this doesn't help, upload your save and log.txt to this thread, specifying your active antivirus.

Q: I loaded my mod, but nothing changed. What's wrong?
A: Is the mod enabled in the launcher? If so, then CK3 refused to load it due to possible errors. Respond to this thread and upload your save, log.txt from the converter directory, and errors.log from My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\logs so we may debug.

Q: The country crashes upon selecting a country and pressing play (at map selection)
A: Upload your save, log.txt from the converter directory, and error.log from My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\logs to this thread for further study.

Q: The game forbids me to select nations.
A: Upload your save, log.txt from the converter directory, and error.log from My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\logs to this thread for further study.

Support the Converters

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
There's lots to do, but feel free to hype.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I need to get the elephant out of the room, What prevented a converter from Imperator to CK2

Super excited for this one and then the one from CK3 to EU4. Finally a full megacampaign. Will there be a way to cause an imperial collapse in an eventual release, like what happened to Rome historically, since it doesn't really happen in the game?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I couldn't do much, I can only make mods and flags.
I started to create the CK2 converter, but the lack of time made that I put it on hold because I am just alone working on it without any knowledge of C ++ which is hard for me, I will take the converter again if I 'I have the time unless someone who knows the C ++ language offers to create the database. If you want to help there is to do the mapping on which I have tried myself several times without achieving anything satisfactory.

• 1Like
Reactions:
rip, I was really hoping for an Imperator Rome to CK2 one... :(

If you're willing to do the work, it could exist. I even wrote a series of programming tutorials which were just getting to the point of creating a mod that does something.

• 2Like
Reactions:
How long is it expected to take to make one of these mods. Its clearly in early stages but with something this big I would think that it would take a couple months at least. I am very excited to see the final product.

I've actually been working on an Imperator:Rome to CK II converter from the ground up for some time now, and the basic core of it has been finished for months. I still need to finish mapping all of the provinces, which has been the only thing keeping me from releasing it