• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @Bullfilter! Hopefully one day I will be up-to-date with the progress you have made (this includes Talking Turkey).:)

Very good aar both on its own as a story and a beginners guide.

Now I want to add to the names listed here and give you the next showcase. The man has won before for his Talking Turkey but I must admit that I really like the style of his latest...thus I give you Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga by @Bullfilter. The tale is interesting in every way as much as I have had chance to read it and CKII is so active these days, one should reach wide because there are so many good games and stories being told. Consider one or more of these to vote for in the ACAs.

Congrats to you, Bullfilter! This is well earned!
Wow, thank you so much coz1 - this is trebly an honour coming from you. Though new to CK2, I agree with all those who say the nature of the game makes it a great vehicle for storytelling - as your Rightful King and Bold Prince have so richly demonstrated! While I can’t hope to compete with them as yet, I hope Blut und Schlacht can fill a niche. And in bringing out learner’s questions and gathering the collective wisdom of its readership, I hope to provide a general service but also tell a story along the way.

Thank you for the encouragement of this week’s showcase - it means a lot to me.

Very many congratulations @Bullfilter
Congratulations @Bullfilter! Hopefully one day I will be up-to-date with the progress you have made (this includes Talking Turkey).:)
And my thanks to you both for the well wishes :)

Excellent choice. @Bullfilter has already built a compelling and ingenious narrative from his 1st foray into CK2-we’ll done!

Congratulations! I've been loving your AAR, and think you definitely deserve this award!

Congrats @Bullfilter , just one of the many AARs I'm struggling to keep up with, though in your case I have at least made a start.

All these people with their fancy faster than real time updating speeds make it very hard to keep up to date, particularly for authors who want to try and find time to write a bit of their own work as well. A bit of majestic considered pace wouldn't hurt, at least till I've caught up! ;)

First, thanks to all who have offered their congratulations and support since I last replied :). It is of course very much appreciated, but it is also important for me to say so.

Congratulations @Bullfilter! :D

My congratulations @Bullfilter .

Excellent choice. @Bullfilter has already built a compelling and ingenious narrative from his 1st foray into CK2-we’ll done!

Congratulations @Bullfilter !

Congratulations @Bullfilter!

Congratulations! I've been loving your AAR, and think you definitely deserve this award!

Congrats @Bullfilter , just one of the many AARs I'm struggling to keep up with, though in your case I have at least made a start.

All these people with their fancy faster than real time updating speeds make it very hard to keep up to date, particularly for authors who want to try and find time to write a bit of their own work as well. A bit of majestic considered pace wouldn't hurt, at least till I've caught up! ;)

Congrats! Look very interesting :)

Congratulations @Bullfilter ! I've certainly learned a few things by proxy.

Thank you all!

So, it now being Sunday, it is my pleasurable duty to pass the Weekly AAR Showcase on to another recipient. For this week, I have decided to go back to my 'ancestral home' of HOI3. For something a bit different, this authAAR has only just (in the last two weeks) joined the Forums and - simultaneously - started his first AAR (to my knowledge, anyway).

There has been a recent resurgence in fresh new AARs in the HOI3 thread - I urge you all to check a few of them out and hope this award may encourage others to take a look. Many are new authAARs who would I know appreciate your readership and, like the AAR I'm nominating today, many of the AARs are quite new so would not take too much time to catch up with if any tickle your fancy. And there are a few well-established ones too if that's what you're after.

So, I hereby pass the torch on to @Vonsson for his The Alternate Scenario - Germany. As I have said to Vonsson myself in commenting on his AAR, I think it deserves a platform, especially because he not only provides a crisp, fast-moving and entertaining AAR, but is also demonstrating a mod of his own devising which aims to correct some of the strategic imbalances in the base game. So, he not only gives us something nice to look at and read, but is doing his bit for the wider HOI3 community too.

In just two weeks, he has set a cracking pace and is very good at cutting to the chase and giving a concise strategic overview of events. So, I'll be the first to congratulate Vonsson and urge you to give his AAR some screen-time. Before you know it, you will be into a grand campaign in Russia in 1943!