• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you to everyone so far! It's been a blast writing this. There's a new update too with lots of pictures of castles. I like castles.
Nice castles :). My congratulations too, for the first non-HOI3 AAR I read!

Nice castles :). My congratulations too, for the first non-HOI3 AAR I read!
Says the person trying to build what is essentially a gigantic castle all across the Dardanelles. Well, at least it will keep Churchill out...

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer! I've been hugely impressed by your AAR all the way through and I can see if and when I return to writing CK2 AARs I will really have to step up my game! :)

Says the person trying to build what is essentially a gigantic castle all across the Dardanelles. Well, at least it will keep Churchill out...
Well I would be trying to keep the almost immortal (?) Galahad of Albion out if he was still around in 1939 ;). But Churchill? He's welcome personally, so long as he doesn't try to come this time with an army via a naval landing at Gallipoli! :rolleyes:

Well I would be trying to keep the almost immortal (?) Galahad of Albion out if he was still around in 1939 ;). But Churchill? He's welcome personally, so long as he doesn't try to come this time with an army via a naval landing at Gallipoli! :rolleyes:
We haven't even gotten to the holy grail yet (although funnily enough it was included in the latest dlc so it was actually George in game who ended up finding it, Galahad's great grandson (who ruled after Galahad II. That's how long lived those two guys were. Not sure I'll ever name another character Galahad now. Could never live up to them).

Oh and for potential new readers who don't know, I have a really long lived emperor kicking around at the moment, no matter what damage he inflict so upon himself and others.

We haven't even gotten to the holy grail yet (although funnily enough it was included in the latest dlc so it was actually George in game who ended up finding it, Galahad's great grandson (who ruled after Galahad II. That's how long lived those two guys were. Not sure I'll ever name another character Galahad now. Could never live up to them).

Oh and for potential new readers who don't know, I have a really long lived emperor kicking around at the moment, no matter what damage he inflict so upon himself and others.
It is time to pass this along.

Since the long running mega campaign From England to America by silentsam5 seems to be back up and running after a hiatus, I nominate the Victoria 2 portion and latest part of this great AAR series.
You'll marvel at the history of the de Gael family in CK2, and watch as their empire expands to great success in EUIV before the author switches to the American colonies (all part of the original plan for the series) and goes to town on messing it all up for them. Vicky 2 so far has seen the US establish itself on the North American continent and on the world stage, a Civil War and a very large Great war between the powers of Europe. You don't have to have read previous parts to enjoy the AAR but I recommend them all.

A good read for anyone who likes long campaigns and tons of commenter speculation.

Congratulations @silentsam5 ! I have personally been following the campaign since the interest check thread from 2015, and it is definitely well-deserved showcase.

Congratulations!

Very many congratulations.

Since the long running mega campaign From England to America by silentsam5 seems to be back up and running after a hiatus, I nominate the Victoria 2 portion and latest part of this great AAR series.
You'll marvel at the history of the de Gael family in CK2, and watch as their empire expands to great success in EUIV before the author switches to the American colonies (all part of the original plan for the series) and goes to town on messing it all up for them. Vicky 2 so far has seen the US establish itself on the North American continent and on the world stage, a Civil War and a very large Great war between the powers of Europe. You don't have to have read previous parts to enjoy the AAR but I recommend them all.

A good read for anyone who likes long campaigns and tons of commenter speculation.

Thank you for the nomination! And thanks to everyone who reads it! I know I've slowed down in posting new chapters, but my life is pretty busy and I don't have as much time as I used to have. I'll think long and hard about who to nominate next.

A nomination I heartily endorse!

Sing Muse of the hallowed wordsmith @volksmarschall

Well done @volksmarschall! It is always good to see your excellent writing recognized. Congratulations, sir! :)

Congratulations @volksmarschall! An interesting experiment in AAR writing!

Congratulations!