Weekly AAR Showcase: The Anglo-Saxon Exodus: A Tale Of Surviving

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Well done!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations indeed

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I suppose it's about time I hand over the baton for the showcase, and I wanted to nominate an author writing on a game that I don't think gets as much attention as it perhaps deserves. And of course, it's always nice to have a bit of variety to spice things up a little from time to time! (and who doesn't love a bit of Rome :p )

This author has tantalizingly set the scene for an interactive history book AAR covering one of my favourite eras in history, with absolutely gorgeous graphics to boot!

For these reasons, amongst others, I would like to nominate @nAssailant for their Imperator: Rome AAR; SPQR - The Senate and People of Rome!
The story may have not long begun, but I hope to see more of you on the Senate floor in the coming votes!
Congratulations!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ooo. I must check this one out

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very many congratulations. Will pop on over.

• 2Like
Reactions:
An ambitiously interactive project, looks very interesting. Congratulations!

• 2Like
Reactions:
This Award seems to have been stuck for almost a full month. Anyone mind if I give it a kick-start?
Yes we do mind. Because we all know exactly where you will kick it. ;)

• 3Haha
Reactions:
So, I know that in general, folks like to recommend/nominate AAR's that are currently ongoing. It's great to shine a light on new projects and the creative minds behind them. For this week, I want to break the trend... and nominate an AAR that recently ended.

Somewhere out there in the HOI4 AARland, there is an AAR called Imperial Cheese: The Improbably Incredible Rise of the Italian Empire. It came to an end just one month ago, and after numerous re-readings I still cannot get enough of the general insanity contained within this story. From the moment Augustus Cheeseolini enters the scene until the great battle between between British steampunk airships and Roman Zeppelins, I had to fight the urge to scroll up and re-visit previous updates because the story @TheButterflyComposer put together is just that good.

If you are like me (someone who has never played HOI4) this AAR is a good place to introduce oneself to HOI4; not because it will teach you gameplay mechanics or meta tips, but because you'll get to see the fun player-induced ridiculousness we've come to expect from PDX games. And then you'll want to read it again... and again... and again...

I highly recommend you take some time to read Imperial Cheese: The Improbably Incredible Rise of the Italian Empire by @TheButterflyComposer. When you finish ROTFL-ing, make sure to let your loved ones know you're okay, cause this AAR will tickle your funny bone until you can't breathe anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: