• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @coz1 , you are a most worthy recipient! :)

Congratulations @coz1! A man of many talents, a great face of AARland.

coz1 enters the room and props up the fan trying to find a plug. Once powered, the blades begin to spin and the room becomes cool in just a matter of moments...

I last won this honor in 2013 for trying to bring back our honored tradition of the Guess the Author project (and it is still moving along - your reviews would be most desired as we have a round going right now as we speak.) Prior to that, it was in 2009 when I was much more active in this place. At that time, I was a moderator for this area and I spent many hours planning, plotting, scheduling...what have you (and yes, dealing with the more irritating bits that caused me to eventually retire from that job)...and now, I truly enjoy being here as simply a fan once more. I'm not a good one, as I have stated, but I do try to get out every once in a while and try to keep up that encouragement that I gained so many years ago. It has been said that comments are the life-blood of this forum (and you may look back to some of my Gazette AARticles to see that I have been preaching that for nearly 15 years) and still, I do not do enough. But I do what I can.

I still do not think myself worthy of this nod at this late date, but I thank @TheButterflyComposer again for his kind words, as well as all of you that have followed along to say similarly nice things. I have spent many years here and it is nice to know that it is not just my writing that is respected (though I certainly enjoy that) but so too the other work that I have tried to do. I had good masters, as it were (thank you @MrT and @Lord Durham.) I am but the grasshopper.

I always hope that others will jump on board and get excited about what it is that we have...just a great place to be, and write, and interact. To grow as authors and also, I hope, as friends. I have met many in my time and it is so good to see so many pop up in this thread just now. I love to see one come back because it happened to me a few times over.

And yet now, I must pass on the cooling fan to another. I mentioned that I had an idea already and though this member has won twice within the last year (and some few times prior to that), I believe that it remains a worthy nod and one that I give great nod to as each and every comment I read is full of clear understanding of the story being told as well as wit and erudition...thus I give you...

@El Pip

I have been reading his story for many years (one of them at least) and though I may not have popped in to tell him how happy I am to see it moving forward (again...I told you that I was a bad fan) it is wonderful to see this man back among us. Of late, I see him pop into so many of the tales that I enjoy and I always enjoy what he has to say about it. He's been a member for a number of years and whether it was when I was mod or now, I have a great deal of respect. A great writer, a great member...a great fan!

Congratulations to you, @El Pip...and keep it up. We all thank you!

Very many congratulations @El Pip

Congratulations @El Pip! And from one fan to another, don't forget to nominate in the Q4 ACAs if you have the time, there is still one week left! ;)

Congrats indeed, @El Pip for a well-deserved honor. I think most HoI AAR writers will join me in saying your attention to technical details (as well as political intrigues) allowed them to keep on their toes, scrapping bad ideas and coming up with better ones!

@El Pip, one of my favourite passtimes on this forum has become congratulating you for winning Fan of the Week. So, congratulations! :D It happens reasonably regularly (a polite gap needs to be left in between nominations, after all, to give others a go ;) ), because ... well, it should. :)

Magnificent! @El Pip is a truly wonderful, often tongue in cheek, but always supportive commentatAAR. His responses to my story are always eagerly looked for. Very well done

Congratulations!

Ah, well done again El Pip. I'll admit it was a coin flip at one point as to whether I nominated you (again) or Coz since you both deserve it so much (one for comments in particular and one for AArland in particular) but I'm glad both ended up coming out near-side by side anyone.

It's almost as if i run this place;). One day...

Whilst I think having a winning 'streak' on this award in particular sort of misses the point a little bit, I can't help but wonder if you can maintain it throughout 2018 as well. Who knows? It's a big year in terms of milestones (I believe Butterfly Effect is just turned eleven) both on the forum and in OTL history. We've seen old faces return, new ones crop up...well, everywhere I think, new AARs getting started, old ones wrapping up and some enter exciting new fazes (and some of course, as ever, are slower than real-time).

Congrats.