• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
This is another category that I consider very important and wanted to include when we stared this process. 14 voters thought the same and included their voice. I must say up front that two of our voters did not perfectly read the charge and voted for the "cast" as opposed to a specific character, however I have included those votes for the AAR mentioned. In future, please remember that it is a specific memorable character that you are voting for here.

That said, the results give us four fascinating characters from four outstanding writers. Our winner of the 2019 Character of the Year is...

A tie!

and

Arthur of Wessex in The Song of Wessex by @coz1

Somewhere, Arthur is raging. :p :D

Our silver then goes to...

A fascinating character that certainly deserves her spotlight. And then the bronze goes to...

Khagan Zachariah of Ashina in Jerusalem Calling - A Khazarian AAR by @terr0rizm

14 of our voters listed great choices and give us 28 more characters. They are now listed in order of the vote:

Secret the Bear in Lancaster: The King in the North by @TheButterflyComposer

Odin in 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3

Captain Morris in The Last Pirate (Please comment pals) by @mad orc

Tuka and Tiso in Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 by @El Pip

Amedee in The Song of Wessex by @coz1

Gyelmo Purgyal Pelmo 'the scholar' in A Kingdom In the Clouds: A Ü-Tsang AAR by @RossN

Cosma in The Little Dux by @TheButterflyComposer

Despot Nephon in Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia

Empress Sophia in The Empress and I - A Tale from Rome by @KaiserWilhelmI

The Advisor in Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (Or Not) by @Nikolai

Shieldmaiden Putyayaka in The People of the Forest by @Dunaden

King Frirek in Rise of the Folkungs, A Nordic AAR by @streaker77

Lord Meow-Meow in Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia

Major Trabb in The Charnel Child (fanfiction) by @JackGoose

Oysteinn in Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty

Ursus Lanatus Reverens in Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter

King Arthur in A New Round Table: A Crusader Kings AAR by @General_BT

High Chief Viryay 'Stonefist' in The People of the Forest by @Dunaden

Captain Samuel in The Last Pirate (Please comment pals) by @mad orc

God-Empress Alyessa Garreo in Sword of Ti'an: The Advent of The Holy Exohuman Imperium by @Manga_Erudite

Raldirm den Hullos in Superior Arguments: A Stellaris AAR by @eoncommander

Arthur in The King Once and Future - A Tale of Arthur AAR by @LudoOttavio

Enzo Boncompagni in Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88

Prime Citizen Nikolai Ivannikov in The Human Stellar Union by @Smokez83

The Targaryen Siblings in Dragon Kin (a Targaryen AAR) by @Zamarak500

Queen Ælflæd in Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14

Basileus Belisarios in NABAAR - Not Another Byzantine After Action Report by @Leandor

Ludovico in Of Coast and Coin (Venice AAR) by @codie

I really cannot stress enough...LINKS!!! :eek: That said, a wonderful array of characters throughout the great work done within AARland and each one deserving! I see many on this list that are the equal to mine and wish to thank all that voted for Arthur. More than that, I wish to thank each that voted for this category and knew exactly who they wished to reward! :)

It's not just a narrative awAARd but for a specific character made real and true in any genre. Thank you for myself and I am certain for each and every one of these writAARs and let us now see those thanks and congrats below. :D

[Please let me know if there are any errors. It's a long list and I had to do some hunting for links. ;) ]

Congrats to all the winners!

On the other hand you people voted for a fictional cat so I am not so sure about your sanity....

Wow - I hadn't been tracking this and it came as a complete surprise! :eek: To tie with Arthur of Wessex and @coz1 (congrats) is a great honour. I must admit to being quite pleased with an HOI3 character managing to feature prominently here, given she is completely invented.

Thanks also to Coz for running the whole thing and the latitude in interpreting the votes. Warm congratulations to all the nominees - some great characters in there, a good number of whom I follow in their AARs. :)

Congrats @Bullfilter and @coz1, well deserving winners! And congrats to all the other nominees! :)

Somewhere, Arthur is raging. :p :D
And rightly so, the only character who was more robbed than him was Secret the Bear . '#Justice4Secret

Nevertheless, congratulations to some excellent winners. They are not excellent characters in the moral sense, quite the opposite in many cases, but all deserving in their way.

Even in competition Arthur gets frustrated by a woman stealing his thunder - how very appropriate :D

Many congratulations all

Congrats to both winners Cennet, and Arthur. (and their creators). Of course, thank you to all the nominees for bringing to life your work with these personalities you create so well. 'Odin' quietly thanks all those who voted for him, though he doesn't really want the attention, being the head of a very secret organisation and all.

Congrats to all!

And rightly so, the only character who was more robbed than him was Secret the Bear . '#Justice4Secret

If a random drug character with three chapters to his name won over Agnes and Arthur, I would have been incapable of ever writing him again for fear of ruining him. Then again, now he's a zombie and AAR writing is once again possible for me...there's always next year.:D And it's a gift just to see the list go from Mafia hitman, to high lords and ladies, to Secret, the Great Bear Spy.

Very well done to Coz, Jabberjock and Eurasia who probably between the three of them keep CKII on top of the AAR pile. Bulfilter also deserves plentiful praise for actually just inventing a character incidental to the actual game of the AAR and using all of them to humours effect so well. Although in Talking Turkey's case, the cast of semi-unauthorised extras that make up the comments section are probably the 'best' characters in that particular AAR, not that I'm biased or anything...

Congratulations everybody!

Somewhere upon a cloud over the Eternal Plains, a content Khagan Zachariah approves of this and is very proud.

The Lady gets another gift after her departure (last week). I'd be curious to see how she would handle the likes of Arthur, given she has plenty of experience dealing with egotistical, self-involved, powerful men who like to make everything about themselves. ;)

But a fine list, with many excellent and memorable characters. Happy to see Agnes place so high, and of course, the much congrats to @coz1 for a character who I dislike and hope suffers immensely at the end of his story, but it's a dislike in a good way that any author should be proud of. (But seriously, hopefully Arthur's comeuppance will be glorious)

Congratulations @Bullfilter and to other winners and nominees!