• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
. . . and probably will not like Solomon of Itil.

Shush with that. The updates are infrequent,* Guiscard's spot on with his points, and Opie's right that you should point people towards Praha since that's more charming.**

But Guiscard is spot on with his points - the writing is great and the character deep and humane. Add to him that it's a story too little told because Jewish courtiers aren't implemented in the game.

And when you get to feeling depressed that people like this instead of that, or how Shrek 2 earned ten times everything Charlie Kaufman's ever done or will do, put Sullivan's Travels in your Netflix queue. :D

*which isn't bad at all if it keeps the quality high, but means you won't get as many responses or awards & we risk seeing it get discontinued.
**I know it's a joke, but it's just silly not to include it or this on your inkwell page.

Last edited:
Once again, from the grave... I drag this thread...

Phargle, you're a genius!

Discovered this AAR sometime last month (via a link from another phargle-style one), and it's taken me a few weeks to slog through it. Thank you for the entertainment!

And having started on phargle is a totally awesome pope (thankfully, only 6 pages, not 124) has made me want to try Vicky again, after yeeeeeaars.

Thanks for those links!

BTW I read this back in October and found it both hilarious and brilliant. Just didn't want to be a necromancer ....

Still probably THE best AAR ever made on these forums IMO

It is indeed fantastic, I remember peeping in when I was a young nippAAR.

I can certainly recommend King Kamehameha!

I am late, oh so very late,
to find this Knýtling fate;
(so much I have absorbed,
that p'rhaps I should have abhored)
But I must take the time to utter,
or p'rhaps quietly mutter,

phargle Knýtling, you're a genius!

1. Knud IV
2. Valdemar
3. Judith
4. Knud I

Last edited:
Check it out, restored the images for the first post. I think I can restore 'em all.

Edit: Heck, just updated the whole first chapter. Enjoy.
Sometimes you go back to an old work you have fond memories of, only to discover it is not quite as good as you remember it. Your mind has edited out the bad bits and rose tinted the rest, there are many films I know would fare very badly in a re-watch and books I would doubtless abandon re-reading.

Delightfully the tale of Knut Knytling is not one of those and is still wonderful. I laughed, my plans were simple and I sent all my problems to the Church. Fortunately both the Pipettes are girls so I can at least rest assured they are mine.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: