• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SeekingEtermity

Lt. General
35 Badges
Dec 14, 2018
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Ancient Space
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
The enormous amount of wasted space, the weirdly-positioned sub-forum links, the need to have a stupidly large display to show any meaningful amount of content, the massive bar that appears if anybody reacts to a post... please let us revert this. The only setting I can find is "default" (light mode) and "Paradox" (dark mode).

While you're at it, do you mind restoring all the existing reactions? I notice that the new "Like" button's (terrible) popup UI includes the three reactions we already had, and it sucks that all the history is gone now.

At the very least, please give us a "compact mode" to make the content density sane again, and remove the wasted space.

• 22Like
Reactions:
I concur on the massive waste of space on the side, again a new victim of the "think about mobile first". And yes, rename the "Like" button into a "React" one, for it is dishonest to hide to people the ability to do anything else than, well, liking.

Using primarily the EU4 forum, but likely to affect others too, is also the new presentation of subforum, with the carousel, a lot less intuitive and useable. What used to be one click to go see the MEIOU and TAXES section is now four, two of these to scroll a list to get to the mod section. Not the end of the world, but that is going to be more damaging to you when you'll want to add new subsections that nobody will use, due to a lack of visibility.

There's also the couple odd bugs, such as... why am I seeing 11 ratings from 2015 and nothing else? Why have I been subscribed back to newsletters? Why are the icons on the side not at all products that I own?

Ah and finally, I'd like to get, now, an option to hide those icons, since now they can stretch some posts a lot compared to their content, so at least that way I can cut back on scrolling a little with how it increased with the new thin layout.

So really, mostly a couple things lost that aren't deal breaking. Kudo to the guy(s) who worked on this new forum still, there's some good things it seems, just looking at the posting options for instance, we're far removed from the massive downgrade of the new EU 4 launcher!

• 9Like
Reactions:
I concur on the massive waste of space on the side, again a new victim of the "think about mobile first".
Has nothing to do with mobile: everything can be made automatically resizable to properly fit the screen, no one just bothers to.

Reactions:
Why are the icons on the side not at all products that I own?
Oh jeez, I hadn't even noticed that. They've never been particularly accurate, but it was always just missing some things that should have been there, not marking me as a pre-order owner of a product when I've never bought anything in that whole franchise.

Also, the new amount of spacing on those icons does admittedly make them easier to read, but it also makes some peoples' posts ABSURDLY long even if the actual content of the post is a single line.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The enormous amount of wasted space, the weirdly-positioned sub-forum links, the need to have a stupidly large display to show any meaningful amount of content, the massive bar that appears if anybody reacts to a post... please let us revert this. The only setting I can find is "default" (light mode) and "Paradox" (dark mode).

While you're at it, do you mind restoring all the existing reactions? I notice that the new "Like" button's (terrible) popup UI includes the three reactions we already had, and it sucks that all the history is gone now.

At the very least, please give us a "compact mode" to make the content density sane again, and remove the wasted space.

How can I change to the light mode? I´m looking around like crazy but I can´t find it and this theme gives me headache

Reactions:
How can I change to the light mode? I´m looking around like crazy but I can´t find it and this theme gives me headache
Last night, there was an option at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/account/preferences (reachable by clicking your Username in the upper right, and then Preferences) to change the theme, with three options. One of them (called "Default" but not the one that was - for me, at least - selected by default) had a nice pale sepia-toned background and dark text. That drop-down seems to be gone now.

Mind you, I prefer dark mode anyhow so I hadn't tested out the other options beyond flipping through them on the Preferences screen to see how they looked, but it was there. They really ought to bring it back, too. Having a different stylesheet for light vs. dark is easy, and exactly the sort of thing CSS is good at. Its removal is certainly part of the whole deteriorated experience of the forum, even if I personally am fine with the default.

For those of you who are like me and think there's a lot of wasted space on the sides, try out this uBlock filter and Greasemonkey script. The filter removes the (imo) useless sidebar, and the script then extends the central content to fill the screen. The result is the actual forum content using your full screen.
It also removes some wasted padding space near the top and fixes the alignment of the thread title and breadcrumb navigation for the now wider display.

forum.paradoxplaza.com##.p-body-sidebar

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        PDS forums width fix
// @namespace   Paradox
// @description Extends width of forum to compensate for removed useless sidebar
// @include     https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
    var head, style;
    head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    if (!head) { return; }
    style = document.createElement('style');
    style.type = 'text/css';
    style.innerHTML = css;
    head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.p-body-main--withSidebar .p-body-content { width: 100% !important; max-width: 100% !important; display: inline-block; }');
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-inner { max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important; margin-top: 0px !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-inner { animation: none !important; animation-delay: 0s !important; animation-fill-mode: none !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-content { max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.uix_headerContainer .p-body-header .pageContent { width: calc(100% - 40px) !important; max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important  }')
addGlobalStyle('.uix_headerContainer .breadcrumb .pageContent { width: calc(100% - 40px) !important; max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important  }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body > * { padding-top: 0px !important; }')
addGlobalStyle('.pd_titlebar .p-body-header { min-height: 0px !important; }')

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
For those of you who are like me and think there's a lot of wasted space on the sides, try out this uBlock filter and Greasemonkey script. The filter removes the (imo) useless sidebar, and the script then extends the central content to fill the screen. The result is the actual forum content using your full screen.
It also removes some wasted padding space near the top and fixes the alignment of the thread title and breadcrumb navigation for the now wider display.

forum.paradoxplaza.com##.p-body-sidebar

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        PDS forums width fix
// @namespace   Paradox
// @description Extends width of forum to compensate for removed useless sidebar
// @include     https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
    var head, style;
    head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    if (!head) { return; }
    style = document.createElement('style');
    style.type = 'text/css';
    style.innerHTML = css;
    head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.p-body-main--withSidebar .p-body-content { width: 100% !important; max-width: 100% !important; display: inline-block; }');
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-inner { max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important; margin-top: 0px !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-inner { animation: none !important; animation-delay: 0s !important; animation-fill-mode: none !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body-content { max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important }')
addGlobalStyle('.uix_headerContainer .p-body-header .pageContent { width: calc(100% - 40px) !important; max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important  }')
addGlobalStyle('.uix_headerContainer .breadcrumb .pageContent { width: calc(100% - 40px) !important; max-width: 100% !important; transition: none !important  }')
addGlobalStyle('.p-body > * { padding-top: 0px !important; }')

No need to write scripts, it can be done just with CSS - for FIrefox there is Stylus, for Chrome I am not sure.

It would also be more performance-friendly, since Stylus just adds one inline styles block.

E.g. I am trying to make it look more like the old one and remove some stuff while at it:

1588305818765.png

• 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
No need to write scripts, it can be done just with CSS - for FIrefox there is Stylus, for Chrome I am not sure.
Stylus is available for Chrome too.
Which colour values are you using?

Stylus is available for Chrome too.

Which colour values are you using?
I didn't finish it yet, but so far it is
CSS:
.message-userExtras, .pd_gameIcons, .message-signature, .message .reactionsBar, .userTitle, .message-avatar-online, .shareButtons {
    display: none !important;
}

.p-body-inner, .pageContent, .p-nav-inner {
    max-width: none !important;
}

.message {
    color: rgb(215, 237, 252) !important;
}

.message-cell--main {
    background-color: rgb(49, 82, 103) !important;
}

.message-cell--user {
    background-color: rgb(41, 73, 88) !important;
    border-right: solid 1px rgb(11, 41, 65) !important;
}

.message-avatar img {
    background: none !important;
}

html {
    background-color: rgb(6, 41, 56) !important;
}

.username {
    color: rgb(165, 202, 228) !important;
}

.pageNav-page, .pageNav-jump {
    color: #a5cae4 !important;
    border-color: #176093 !important;
}

.pageNav-page--current {
    background-color: rgb(240, 247, 252) !important;
}

.message-userDetails .userBanner {
    background: rgb(65, 103, 226);
}

.message-userDetails .userBanner + .userBanner {
}

• 7Like
Reactions:
I didn't finish it yet, but so far it is
CSS:
.message-userExtras, .pd_gameIcons, .message-signature, .message .reactionsBar, .userTitle, .message-avatar-online, .shareButtons {
}

.p-body-inner, .pageContent, .p-nav-inner {
    max-width: none !important;
}

.message {
    color: rgb(215, 237, 252) !important;
}

.message-cell--main {
}

.message-cell--user {
    background-color: rgb(41, 73, 88) !important;
    border-right: solid 1px rgb(11, 41, 65) !important;
}

.message-avatar img {
    background: none !important;
}

html {
    background-color: rgb(6, 41, 56) !important;
}

.username {
    color: rgb(165, 202, 228) !important;
}

.pageNav-page, .pageNav-jump {
    color: #a5cae4 !important;
    border-color: #176093 !important;
}

.pageNav-page--current {
    background-color: rgb(240, 247, 252) !important;
}

.message-userDetails .userBanner {
    background: rgb(65, 103, 226);
}

.message-userDetails .userBanner + .userBanner {
}
Thanks, I also disabled the footer, copyright row and sidebar.

• 2Like
Reactions:

It would also be more performance-friendly, since Stylus just adds one inline styles block.

E.g. I am trying to make it look more like the old one and remove some stuff while at it:

View attachment 572641
Loup said you might be interested in how the old old forum, i.e. pre 2015, looked.
@ramius3443 you might be interested in this forum reshelling.

Lemeard%20med%20PDS.png

Attachments

• Lemeard med PDS.png
    Lemeard med PDS.png
    90,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
THANKS SO MUCH! This makes EVERYTHING better.

Where do you add that CSS thingey?
Here are instructions I posted in another thread:
Using Firefox/Chrome:
1. Install "Stylus" plugin/addon
2. Write a new style for forum.paradoxplaza.com
3. Copy and paste the code XYN wrote into your new style
4. Save the style and activate it
5. Refresh the forums

Reactions:
Aaaah! This is so much better! Thank you!

Not crazy about the brown background in the qoutes/replies though. Wasn't that dark blue at some time? Need to go fiddle and see if I can change that...

Reactions:
Aaaah! This is so much better! Thank you!

Not crazy about the brown background in the qoutes/replies though. Wasn't that dark blue at some time? Need to go fiddle and see if I can change that...
It defintely was dark blue.

Reactions:
It defintely was dark blue.
But to find what that CSS name is...

Managed to get back 'online', 'title' and 'signatures' which I actually like. But it's so much easier to delete things that are there than add something you don't know the name of.

Links are also some green color that looks unfamiliar but I think I can live with that. Did they use to be white?

Links are also some green color that looks unfamiliar but I think I can live with that. Did they use to be white?
Not sure. Think they used to be white. Defintely weren't green at least.