• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For my AAR recommendations, first I would be remiss not to plug The Rightful King by Coz1, who is in the process of being rewarded by Paradox for his epic 15 years in the forum.

U.K. Motorway by Markkur is a great challange AAR that's just ended and is a good read for nightmare scenario fans.

Finally I'd like to nominate Bullfilter for the excellent responces and chats across the board and especially on my own work. His AAR Talking Turkey is also pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very many congratulations.

Finally I'd like to nominate Bullfilter for the excellent responces and chats across the board and especially on my own work. His AAR Talking Turkey is also pretty good.
What a nice surprise! Thank you TBC (AKA Darth Kelebek in the alternate world of Talking Turkey for your frequent and vigorous contributions to the discussion) for the nomination and to Mr Capiatlist and stynlan too for the congrats.

It's the comments of readers that help an AAR writer keep it going in this busy world. And there is humour, learning and interesting debate to be had when joining in the conversation. For that reason, I think this is a very worthwhile award if it offers encouragement.

Thanks once again!

Congratulations!

Another familiar name and one that seems to pop up in all the right places. Congratulations indeed.

Many thanks to everyone who has offered their congratulations this week. As I mentioned earlier, I would like to reiterate my appreciation for @TheButterflyComposer for the nomination this week and for his continued support for my own AAR (and recognise his contributions to many others).

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank all the other regular contributors to my AAR, including (but not limited to) @roverS3; @nuclearslurpee; @racebear75 and others I have not mentioned here (and a couple of the most prominent are mentioned below): you are all my favourite fans :).

In doing a bit of research to see who I might pass this award on to, I must rely mainly on my observations of the threads I currently watch: it's not the kind of award where you can just pick a promising AAR out of the blue, have a read and then give it a hopeful "thumbs up". In my book, anyway.

This means I have to rely on the forums and threads I'm familiar with, which is principally HoI3, with a little CK2 and Vicky2 thrown in. I have looked at breadth of coverage across different threads and forums, frequency of comments (stress on recent/active) and the length and quality of those comments.

On my eventual short list, one of the most prominent, especially on HoI3 is @markkur: he is a frequent, supportive and helpful commenter on many threads. But I checked the recent awards (back to last year) and, not surprisingly, he was a recent recipient. I also picked him recently as my nomination for the Weekly AAR Showcase, so I didn't want to be accused of favouritism :D. Another very good and currently active HoI3 fan is @Eurasia. I'd like to thank both of them for their support for my work and that of others.

But my nomination for the next Fan of the Week is the redoubtable @El Pip: his AARs may be 'slower than real time', but his comments are not! I have seen the scope and quality of them across at least three different forums and especially in the HoI3, where I am most active. I did check the archives, and while El Pip has received this award before, it was a long time back (five or more years from memory, writing this now), so I think a repeat is well overdue. :)

Allow me to be the first to offer my congratulations, m'lord!

Last edited:
Very many congratulations @El Pip . A very worthy Fan indeed.

Many thanks to everyone who has offered their congratulations this week. As I mentioned earlier, I would like to reiterate my appreciation for @TheButterflyComposer for the nomination this week and for his continued support for my own AAR (and recognise his contributions to many others).

Yes, yes, agreed. I am very impressive.

But my nomination for the next Fan of the Week is the redoubtable El Pip: his AARs may be 'slower than real time', but his comments are not! I have seen the scope and quality of them across at least three different forums and especially in the HoI3, where I am most active. I did check the archives, and while El Pip has received this award before, it was a long time back (five or more years from memory, writing this now), so I think a repeat is well overdue.

Perhaps because I was a fan of his waay back when I started reading on the forum (so that like what? A few updates ago on Butterfly?;)), I was very surprised to see both El Pip comment on a lot of things but also read stuff clearly far outside HOI, a trait which I saw lots of people actually did and encouraged me to more. Whilst I'm still not sold on stellaris, I've found a lot of goodies on every forum since.

His AARs are great and his comments, whilst capable of launching a thousand ships of debate, are also very interesting. Congrats.