• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I want democracy to flourish. And not elitism and traditionalism. If by lords reform you mean going away from that the few and priveledged form the Upper House. Either it is no upper house, or it is like it is in USA or Germany. Think about it, we could have PR in the lower house and then a few representatives from each Country in the Upper House. Either elected like the US Senate ormsent by the Country government like in the German Upper House.

I want a Federal Britain as well, not to shabby for a Tangerine of the "Social Democratic Liberal Party" No?

But I guess your qualms are not with me but my more doctrinaire colleagues?

I mean After all I have been quite easily influenced by you to a more "true liberal" direction! :D

I'm afraid that if I was in charge of this liberal government you would convince me to gradually go monetarist with a human face! :rofl:

Last edited:
I've just completed a map that will be included in the next update detailing the following features around the world:
Areas of UK without devolved assemblies
Areas with them
Colonies and protectorates under direct rule
Colonies and protectorates under home rule
Commonwealth Realms (countries with the Queen as their monarch)
Commonwealth Realms with major permanent British military bases
Commonwealth Members without the Queen as their HoS
Non-Commonwealth States under heavy British influence

Hopefully it will clear up some of the confusion relating to British territories and influence abroad.

I want a Federal Britain as well, not to shabby for a Tangerine of the "Social Democratic Liberal Party" No?

But I guess your qualms are not with me but my more doctrinaire colleagues?

I mean After all I have been quite easily influenced by you to a more "true liberal" direction! :D

I'm afraid that if I was in charge of this liberal government you would convince me to gradually go monetarist with a human face! :rofl:

I would support furter devolution which would result in de-facto federation with the common British Parliament and a parliament with more powers in each country. I am also a reupublican so I wouldn't mind if we abolished the Monarchy and teansformed the countries into states. However the monarchy might be what is binding the England, Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland together. And I don't expect many to support my views on eithrr the devolution, federalization upper house (then either aboloshing it or make it something more akin to the US Senate or German Bundesrat) or republicanism. But I am used to be a lone wolf when it comes to political, economical and social questions.

Yes and it is good that you are becoming more and more classical liberal :p And yes I am mostly concerned with the naiive social democrats and anti-mulitarists in your party.

Don't see why you should be afraid of that :ninja:

And something that I would also like would be to transform the Commonwealth into an economical union and/or political union. But alas I doubt many would share those views.

And something that I would also like would be to transform the Commonwealth into an economical union and/or political union. But alas I doubt many would share those views.
Well, I for one like this idea, You filthy feminist, I really do. Surprisingly, You have been speaking my language throughout this whole evening.

[video=youtube;0Y0JhEesxOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0JhEesxOw[/video]

For those of you who wonder how the man behind the 'Cult of Hayek' sounds like. ;)
It is a very educational soundtrack.

Will this 'liberal' new government of ours butcher the liberties, that their forefathers fought for?
How would the Liberals of the 19th century weep at seeing how Britain is run today...

Well, I for one like this idea, You filthy feminist, I really do. Surprisingly, You have been speaking my language throughout this whole evening.

Watch out maybe it is a part of the Jewish-Liberal-Feminist-Communist consipiracy ;)

First we took USA, then we took USSR and the other communist states, now we'll take the - former - British Empire :p

No just joking, but it would make our economies quite strong and to let it be about cooperation and coexistence and not elitism and exploitation.

Eww, no, no, no! Keep that awful stuff over the atlantic or in the Serviet Onion, it has no place here. This is a local country for local people!

I very much agree.

I very much agree.

But you are a tradionialist and arch-British. You're not on par with the younger and more social progressive generation :p

But you are a tradionialist and arch-British. You're not on par with the younger and more social progressive generation :p
Calling sir Viscount a "traditionalist" is very offensive to almost every real traditionalist from here to the South Pole.

Calling sir Viscount a "traditionalist" is very offensive to almost every real traditionalist from here to the Southern Pole.

Tell me how he is not traditionalist then. His title says it all.

Younger generation? I'm the youngest member here!

I don't see devolution as federation. :)

Bah I am the youngest! (( :( )) And one country for one people is the opposite of devolution. A federation would be devolution for each country - or state.

I hate his bloody guts, that's how his not a traditionalist.

I see :p Well he is pretty much British traditionalist. Just not in the imperial/jingoistic/anglo-saxon as you are.

Tell me how he is not traditionalist then. His title says it all.

Considering how liberal you consider youself, you don't easily get past stereotypes, do you?

Considering how liberal you consider youself, you don't easily get past stereotypes, do you?

I do, but I haven't said it is negative :) But in this manner you seem traditionalist. That is good in from your point of view, and you you would dislike full federalization or devolution. Doesn't mean it is negative, I would for example be traditionalist in the sense of supporting a free-market and free trade :)

Bah I am the youngest! (( :( )) And one country for one people is the opposite of devolution. A federation would be devolution for each country - or state.

Devolution is where a unified nation gives some powers out to other assemblies. Federation is where states share a central government but manage their own affairs. Subtle difference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.