• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just here to reserve this post for my future votes!

Europa Universalis IV
1. Freedom is a noble thing - A Scottish Megacampaign, Part Two, by Tommy4ever
2. Lords of France, Part Two: Politics After Revolution, by Merrick Chance'
3. The Long(er) Lasting Lombards (Lombard Mega-Campaign pt. 2), by RedTemplar
4. Merchant Kings of Aragon - An EUIV and MEIOU & Taxes AAR, by Marco Oliverio

Crusader Kings II
1. [HIP - Old Gods - Norway] - The Karlinga Sagas, by Woody Man
2. Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign, by Avindian
3. The Legacy of the Vogelius Dynasty - The Rising Raven, by Groogy
4. Mortar and Blood - A Kingdom of Brittany AAR, by Mr. Capiatlist

Victoria II
1. "Up to the Euphrates and Tigris" - An Egypt AAR, by Attalus
2. La Fédération - An Amerigan Divergences AAR, by Orlov Kruskayev
3. Dengang Jeg Drog Afsted, by AdmiralFisker

Hearts of Iron III
1. A history of World War II, by those who fought it (TFH UK AAR), by Avindian
2. Panzer Carnage, by CptEasy

Last edited:
And so, with just over a month's worth of ballots submitted, I am now bringing voting to a close. Placings will be announced very soon, so please do stick around to find out which AARs you have lauded as AARland's finest for the second quarter of 2015.

Unfortunately, I had made a mistake when trying to make my list. I had spent two hours looking for the perfect aars for each category only to discover that I posted it in the Q1 ACA thread and THEN, like an idiot, I deleted it before I copied it.

DKM's votes.

Feel free to decide whether to accept them or not, Densley. They were posted at 9:39 this morning by DKM. Can't you undelete your own posts, DKM? I think you should be able to do that.

Europa Universalis IV
1. Papal Supremacy - A Papal State AAR by 34625197

Victoria 2
2. Dengang Jeg Drog Afsted - A Danish AAR by Admiral Fisker
3. "Up to the Euphrates and Tigris" - An Egypt AAR by Attalus

Hearts of Iron III
1. The Vanguard of the World's Destruction - A Nationalist China - Japan Coop AAR By TehDarkMiner and Sebas379
2. Revenge of the Dragon (Or Nationalist China and Their Finest Hour) by Yearzero
3. Per Ardua Ad Astra: can the RAF prevent the conquest of France in 1940? by Icykurt

Crusader Kings II
1. The Long-Lasting Lombards (769 Lombard AAR, single-county start) by RedTemplar
3. Legacy of the Hun - HIP Old Gods AAR by siempie78
4. The Black Legend of Betotez: The Villains of Visigothia by TomosCaerllion

Other
1. Towards the Present We Go, Langobards AAR (The Steppe Wolf MOD) by blklizard (EUIII)
2. PUBLICA INFERIOR : A Republic of Etruria AAR by inertiatic (Rome)
3. The Empire Strikes Back - a Byzantine Megacampaign (Part 2) by Idhrendur (EUIII)

Thanks, Qorten. I'll happily accept DKM's ballot, seeing as it was technically submitted before I closed things up.

The results will likely be some time this evening, if not later this afternoon, so be ready when they arrive!

Reactions:
Thanks Qorten and Densley.

Can't you undelete your own posts, DKM?
How do I do that? I'm still learning how this newer forum works.

And now for the results!

Seeing as his was the first submitted, I used the order of Attalus' ballot paper when collating all of the results. Therefore, it's thanks to him that first we go to Victoria II. 12 ballots were cast for the game, which produced the following winners:

First place: Up the Euphrates and the Tigris, by Attalus – six votes

Second Place: Österreich Über Alles, by Nick Giordano – five votes

Third Place: Power to the People, by ThunderHawk3, et. al. – four votes

Joint fourth place: Dengang Jeg Drog Afsted, by AdmiralFisker; An Eagle Rising, by wzhang29; Tautos Jega Vienyjebe, by naxhi24 and The Southern Eagle, by Rovsea – three votes each

Next, we take a look at the results for Darkest Hour. Ten ballots gave us the following lineup:

Joint first place: The Crown Atomic, by cookfl and Vive L'Empereur, by Antonine – seven votes each

Second place: Loyal We Began, Loyal We Remain, by Tanzhang – four votes

Joint third place: One and Indivisible, by Teivel and Darkest Night, Glorious Dawn, by der Kriegsherr – three votes each

Fourth place: The War Is Not Lost, The War Will Never Be Lost, by Eric8344 – two votes

Now we can see what happened in Europa Universalis, whose 21 ballots (a record for this quarter) gave us the following results:

First place: The Longer-Lasting Lombards, by RedTemplar – ten votes

Joint second place: Freedom is a Noble Thing, by Tommy4Ever and The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilisation, by volksmarschall – seven votes each

Joint third place: Neapolitan Nightmare and Around the World, both by Michaelangelo – six votes each

Fourth place: Merchant Kings of Aragon, by Marcus Oliverio – four votes

In Crusader Kings II, twelve ballots gave us the most hotly-contested results of the quarter; 26 winners and a fourth place tie of redoubtable proportions:

First place: Consecrated Blood Waters My Fields, by Avindian – four votes​

Joint second place: The Legacy of the Vogelius Dynasty, by Groogy; A Spanish Story, by ibicko; The Black Legend of Betotez, by TomosCaerllion and The Long-Lasting Lombards, by RedTemplar – three votes each

Joint third place: Real Roman Renaissance, by alscon; Lizard-Lion Dreams, by KolyFrog; The Italian Boot, by Saxon125; The Queen of Cities, by RossN and Bloodsnake and Battlewolf, by Revan86 – two votes each

Joint fourth place: everyone else nominated; namely: Sweet Arabian Nightmare, by Silfae; The Smasher of Beetles, by SgtSmuckers; All Hope Lies in Rome, by defensedefumer; Norgesveldet, by Nikolai; Wessex and the History of the British Isles, by Stuckenschmidt; The Sword, the Cross and the Harp, by B5Alpha; The French Struggle, by Italianajt; The Poraj Identity, by Fabiolundiese; 300 Years a Prince, by TheosZA; House Grafton of Gulltown, by yoshi 98; Rule, Rohannia!, by Fabiolundiese; The Karlinga Sagas, by Woody Man; Mortar and Blood, by Mr. Capiatlist; United States, by Narvait and Legacy of the Hun, by siempie78 – one vote each​

The last of the Big Four, Hearts of Iron III was given the following results by seven ballot papers:

First place: A History of WWII, by Those Who Fought It, by Avindian – four votes

Joint second place: The Vanguard of the World's Destruction, by TehDarkMiner and Sebas379, and Panzer Carnage, by CptEasy – two votes each

Joint third place: everyone else nominated; namely: Revenge of the Dragon, by Yearzero; Per Ardua Ad Astra, by Icykurt; Bismarck's Spirit, by Kensia7; The New Roman Empire, by Hawke0; The Eagle and the Pentagon, by Gormytorysh; Hearts of Iron, by misterbean; Doppelgänger, by Uriah and The Soul of Spain, by Eurasia – one vote each

And finally, the mercurial Other category. Thanks to the three ballot papers submitted, this quarter is notable in that we can actually segregate the results – though, in proper primary school sports day fashion, everybody is a winner anyway. Here they are:

Joint first place: Publica Inferior, by inertiatic and Towards the Present We Go, by blklizard – two votes each

Joint second place: The Great European War, by blklizard; The Empire Strikes Back, by Idrendhur and The Presidents: Vietnam War Edition, by Nathan Madien - one vote each

In total, 29 ballot papers were submitted this time around, which isn't bad – though I'd like to imagine that we can still do better next quarter. My contrafibularities go to all of our (numerous) winners, and my commiserations are extended to all who missed out on this occasion. Of course, my most profound thanks go to both our 29 voters, without whom I'd be left looking terribly awkward at the end of every quarter, and to all of our authors – not just those nominated, but all of you. Without you, all of us would be much worse off.

In any case, it's been a very enjoyable award season. I'm now looking forward to seeing you all better it next time out.

See you then!

DensleyBlair
Vice-Tsar of AARland Awards​

Last edited:
Reactions:
Congratulations, winners! Well deserved! Thanks to @DensleyBlair for taking care of this!

EDIT: Spelling error on @Idhrendur in the joint second place in other category

Last edited:
4th place two times in a row. Not bad for my humble AAR. I congratulate those who got higher, and all the winners, and thank those who have voted for me :D

Wait it is my order that is being followed and I've won the Vicky Award ? It's too good to be true ! :p

On a more serious note congratulations to the winners and all AARs which were nominated. And many thanks to those who voted for me, I didn't expect it, especially since the AAR has been on a hiatus for a month already.
Also I think @DensleyBlair deserves congrats too for his first organization of this ACA which was by no means under the level of the previous one. ;) All hail the Vice-Tsar!

Wait it is my order that is being followed and I've won the Vicky Award ? It's too good to be true ! :p

On a more serious note congratulations to the winners and all AARs which were nominated. And many thanks to those who voted for me, I didn't expect it, especially since the AAR has been on a hiatus for a month already.
Also I think @DensleyBlair deserves congrats too for his first organization of this ACA which was by no means under the level of the previous one. ;) All hail the Vice-Tsar!

If this isn't a sign to get off your butt and write some updates, I don't know what is. :D

Many congrats to all winners and runner-ups!

My thanks to all the people who took the time to vote for their favorites as well!

Congrats to the winners of Q2, and thank you Densley for taking over when the mod was too busy. @DensleyBlair Is this going to be temporary or what?

Oops, forgot to congratulate everyone... so congratulations! :p

Hopefully we can get even more people to vote next time. I'm sure our Vice-TsAAR will find a way to bring them in. ;)

EDIT: Spelling error on @Idhrendur in the joint second place in other category

Thanks for pointing that out. It has been fixed.

@DensleyBlair Is this going to be temporary or what?

Ultimately, yes, I imagine so. That said, Avindian will, in all likelihood, be pre-occupied for a fair amount of time. Barring circumstances in which my running of things is adjudged as being abysmal, I dare say I'll be his locum for that amount of time.

Reactions:
Congratulations to the winners and all involved! I can't wait to read up on some of the AARs mentioned.