• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Italianajt

The Grand Strategy Nerd
100 Badges
Jul 18, 2013
www.youtube.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
Come on around the warm glow of your monitors and join me, The Grand Strategy Nerd, for another Crusader Kings II Let's Play series. I will hopefully lead one country from Crusader Kings II all the way to HOI4 in a mega campaign.

The country I will be playing is Ghana the Kingdom of Mali. I have never played a muslim nation before in CK2 so I hope that everything goes well as I decide how to navigate decadence and other unique Muslim ruler mechanics. Please take a look at the Episode 0 below to inform you how the game was set up. Episodes are live on YouTube every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and will be posted on the forums here on the same schedule or a day afterwards.

Please leave comments and let me know what you think in this thread, I love to hear from you.

Last edited:
We kick off our Ghana Let's Play by making alliances and helping a rebellion.

I've made terrible mistakes! Terrible mistakes! Where are these 3000 warriors coming from?

We journey on our Hajj to Mecca, the first for a hopefully long line of Ghana chiefs and leaders. The journey proves that our Farbas is a man of compassion, when it suits his needs and everyone can see how compassionate he is.

The second war with Songhay leads to the Farbas' death. His son, a wildly irreverent man, takes over Ghana. Where will this new Farbas lead his people?

Farbas Kambine Diaresso succeeds where his father could not, and conquers the stronghold-chiefs of Gao!

Our half-brother, the Farbin of Oulatta, becomes decadent and spurns our calls to piety. We purposefully fail to imprison him in order to crush all of his supporters in one fell swing of the sword!

This is still going on! Thanksgiving and getting back to work really pushed back any updating of the thread!

During the interim (Episodes 7 and 8) Farbas Diaresso Cisse died early on from stress and his young son, Tunka Menin, took over the rule of Ghana. Tunka Menin II is all grown up now, and looking to use his money to better the realm while completing his father and grandfather's dream of a united Ghana. Except, he's a bit Content to leave things as they are.

Tunka Menin II realizes his dream is to make his tribal lands whole. Only the old Zarman Emir stands in his way. He has already occupied the fortified castle of Gao, but Zarma still stands, waiting to be incorporated into Mali.

Well, an episode recording got eaten by my negligence. But you didn't miss much. I have become embroiled in helping to take back Beja from the infidels of Galicia. Plus, we move closer to adopting a feudal government structure.

The Holy War for Beja winds to a close and Tunka Menin II is prodded by his wife Thasim to formally announce an Iqta government. His new emir's swear fealty to him and a new era for Mali has begun! Episode 12 - Sultan at Last

The Pope in Rome makes good on his threat of a holy war and the attack on Jerusalem begins. Since the Holy City is under Shi'a control there is no call for help to surrounding Sultanates and the Caliph. Sultan Tunka Menin and the rest of the Muslim world then hears the news: Jerusalem has fallen.

The armies of Mali set off on the months-long march from their Sultanate to join with fellow Muslims in the assault on Jerusalem. Can Tunka Menin II build on his early victories in the Holy Land?

Unable to sustain their gains in the Holy Land, Malian forces retire back to Africa and regroup to return to the field for Allah's glory!

Our mercenary band leader has been in the employ of Castille for some time. Tunka Menin has now received a letter from the King of Castille praising my band and the many wonderful things they say about him! An invitation to dinner in Castille can never be passed up.

In episodes 17 and 18 Tunka Menin held a Furusiyya Tournament before his death. And Sultan Maamammarou acceded to the throne.

Sultan Maamamrou has an official gathering to introduce his son Demba to the vassals and the court. How will the young prince fare?

I've missed some posts due to Christmas / New Year's week, sorry about that.

We come back to the Kingdom of Mali as the Malians wage war against the Maurentian Sultanate for control of Oudane.

While the armies of Mali are starting to win battle after battle, illnesses keep sweeping up from Southern Africa to kill our children and people.

In order to secure alliances and title claims, Mansa Akoi must do what is necessary. If that means marrying his son to his sister-in-law, so be it. She's only 7 years the boy's senior.