• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Rome's time to shine......she has the most potential and the time for an expansion belongs to her........I have complete confidence in Doomdark and his team to take Rome to the next level as she deserves and create a complete masterpiece for all......this will bring Rome to the forefront for Paradox and expand the base for Rome even more so.....there's a lot of passionate followers for Rome and that includes its developers and team and it shows :cool:

S an expansion that brings the Rome civil war system to EU3. How civil wars are handled in Rome is close to perfect... instead of rebel stomping you actually have a civil war on your hands. Would need to be changed so that if the two factions sign peace, the two nations become independent of eachother for real and no longer can freely annex eachother.

Thats one of the few things i found Rome did better than EU3, though it was improved with In Nomines rebels with a cause, they don't do much other than spawn randomly, annoy you and occasionally take a province. If you let them 'win' all they do is change a bunch of sliders and give a few penalties for a few years... not really an accurate description of a civil war... but i imagine it would be hard to marry up a rebel fations desires with the nation created by them... nut yes, this would be very welcome

I voted for EU3, it's the best game so far.

Rome and HOI 3 were disapointing (Rome is just not fun at all).

Victoria is not out yet and I don't really care about ACW. I'm more interested in European nations.

Well , the polls and comments say it. Its too early for further expansion for hoi3,vicky2.

So the decision was between eu3 and rome.
Well before httt an its latest patches, i would have voted clearly for making victoria 2 ( not an addon, the base game ) and second rome addoon.
EU3 HTTT with its latest patches is now really great and i think also the most are playing eu3, and so they voted for the their favored game.
Now ( 8 hours after i've voted for eu3) , i would change my opinion and would say rome. Beside Rome, Rome - Total war , little bit age of empires, caesar and so on, (may u know centurion - pretender of rome ^^ ) there is no real grand strategy game. But i think the ancient world has enough potential for more great games. I have played rome not that much , maybe 200 hours over all, but imo there are so many things , which have to be fixed , so that im not going of speaking a further rome - addon , i would say rome 2.

So after semper fi, victoria II, .. rome 2 , victoria first addon, eu 4 , hoi 3, second addon :D

Yes, I voted for Rome as well, it most certainly has the most potential and EU3 has already had one expansion made for after it was considered "complete," and not long ago at that. HoI3 is just about to get an expansion, and Victoria 2 isn't even finished yet. Giving the player base some time to get acquainted with those two would allow them to more accurately identify and vocalize which features in a future expansion they would be interested in. In the meantime, there is plenty that could be done with Rome (there's a whole thread devoted to brainstorming ideas in the Rome forums) aside from just expanding the map and/or time frame. It would be the expansion I would be most likely to buy, in any case. ;)

I voted for EU3, it's the best game so far.

Rome and HOI 3 were disapointing (Rome is just not fun at all).

Victoria is not out yet and I don't really care about ACW. I'm more interested in European nations.

Maybe you miss read.

This is not a poll for everyone's favourite Paradox Game, but rather which one needs an expansion more.

Simply the fact that you enjoy EU III more than you do Rome leads me to believe that Rome needs an expansion more.

Rome may not be nearly as good as EU III, but it has amazing potential to be as good, perhaps even better (think of Civil Wars and Dynasties).

That potential will forever go unrealized unless it gets its well deserved expansion.

agree with the rome people, it has enormous potential both timeline wise and in possible new gameplay mechanics (maybe even a map expansion). Eu3 is already almost perfect, vicky2 hasnt even been released so hard to say, and hoi3 is for me already a lost cause and no expansions will make me buy that again ;)

therefore, give us Alexander universalis! :D

but onto another topic......where is the ck expansion!

Last edited:
I voted EU3. Partly for the obvious reasons (as you can see by looking at my posting areas and sig), and partly due to what you put it up against.

The ROTW in EU3 could use some loving. I have yet to be able to get into a game that isn't in Europe because of the lack of immersion, or flavor, or whatever you want to call it.

There is no need for a ACW expansion for Vicky 2. A ACW scenario start date, if not included in vanilla, will be modded in by the wonderful Paradox modding teams soon enough after release. What a Vicky 2 mod needs is more game features and the like. It does not need to just be something that further defines a single period of the game that already will exist.

There is also no need for a battlescenario expansion for HOI3. If people want them, they are easily modded in. Same thing with the timeline, that is easy enough to just mod in yourself that it would be much better to use the expansion team's manpower improving other areas of HOI3:SF.

Finally, there is the Rome expansion idea. Rome could use another expansion, and I would've voted for this option had the ROTW option for EU3 not been in. Rome is already a rather good game, but I think it needs just one more little shove to push it over the edge into a great game.

To sum it up, EU3 would be icing on the cake, Rome needs one, HOI3 could use an expansion but not of the type you describe, and a Vicky 2 expansion shouldn't be of the type you describe. But since I play EU3 more than I play Rome, I voted for EU3.

I voted EU3 simply because it's the game I play the most. But a Rome expansion would be awesome too.

agree with the rome people, it has enormous potential both timeline wise and in possible new gameplay mechanics (maybe even a map expansion). Eu3 is already almost perfect, vicky2 hasnt even been released so hard to say, and hoi3 is for me already a lost cause and no expansions will make me buy that again ;)

therefore, give us Alexander universalis! :D

hoi 3 has great potential, but the new system has some weaks. I startet hoi 3 with 1.4 beta patch ( before i played wow, now wow pause since about 4 month). So i also havent ever played hoi 3 1.0 . But i was really really impressed of the military system and hope that semper fi is going to be the "httt" status for hoi 3.

EU3 Rotw got my vote. Because more detailed rest of the world is a must for game as this one. And because it will make EU3 the game with most expansions in all of gaming industry;)

hoi 3 has great potential, but the new system has some weaks. I startet hoi 3 with 1.4 beta patch ( before i played wow, now wow pause since about 4 month). So i also havent ever played hoi 3 1.0 . But i was really really impressed of the military system and hope that semper fi is going to be the "httt" status for hoi 3.

i agree, the military system is great! and i was dissapointed to hear it wasnt in vicky2 where its real potential could have been used :( however, the playability of minors, lagg issues, and the complete randomness of the game just doesnt suit me at all, especially the anoying lagg after each day makes me belive that the entire system is flawed from the ground

EUIII isn't really a game thats should be played as a non-European country. Outside of Europe the purpose for countries is to exist long enough for a European power to come and take them over.

At the moment they are detailed enough for this purpose.

I voted for EU3, but after reading a bit in the thread I think an expansion for Rome would be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.