• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I would love a rotw expansion for eu3 I think Rome is long overdue for an expansion and the alexander period sounds like a wonderfull theme for one (but the map would have to be expanded).

Rome is a great game and would benefit greatly from an expansion.

So, are you telling me that I, the consumer, will be able to buy Victoria 2 and enjoy it without needing to buy an expansion that will fix any bugs that may appear?

In other words, if (when) bugs do appear, will you continue to support correcting any bugs, without forcing the consumer to buy an expansion that will be needed if one wants to keep playing an improved version without bugs?

Could people please lighten up ? We are in a fucking thread were the company is asking us what WE want and your whining ?

Jesus christ man, stop being such a child... Paradox (Johan and King especially), ignore those guys, most of us are thankful that Paradox takes the time to listen to it's community :)

Anyway, I'd really like to see Victoria 2 more fleshed out. Odds are things were dropped from release and I'd like to see those dropped features put back in the game and fleshed out (for example, that regional markets thing sounded really cool!). Furthermore, more intricate mechanics for conflicts like the American Civil War, the Crimean War and the Franco-Prussian War.

Rome for sure. I haven't spent much time playing it but there definitely seems to be a lot of potential in that game, it just needs to be brought out. A ROTW EU3 would be nice but I would prefer a better Rome game.

I already voted but I forgot to say thanks just for putting this poll up. I think it says a lot that Paradox asks for our input.

Indeed. I just hope that number of votes isn't the only thing they will use to make their decision.

On Vic2 and HoI3 - I would love to see further expansions of both, but (1) HoI3 is just about to get one and (2) Vic2 I think would benefit from some "bedding in" time before the design of a first expansion gets under way. With a bit of a gap I think the first Vic2 expansion pack will be all the better.

EU3 would be good, too, but it already has three packs!

Vic2 I think would benefit from some "bedding in" time before the design of a first expansion gets under way. With a bit of a gap I think the first Vic2 expansion pack will be all the better.

I meant to add this but forgot. You should let the masses beat Vicky up for a while before planning an expansion, the ideas the devs have now might not end up being the most wanted/needed things 6 months after release.

I agree its important to have feedback from the community on SF and VICKY 2 before new expansions are planned. Both HOI3 and Vicky should probably get expansions but only after a few weeks / months will people know what they would like to see.

I don't think another EU3 expansion pack is appropriate at this time. HTTT is impressively playable and polished and a new expansion would preempt Magna Mundi, or make it obsolete way too soon. I would favor very distant plans for an EU4 and a shiny new engine over another expansion for EU3.

I voted for Vicky (especially more in-depth economics would be great), but it's true that it's rather early and you guys might be able to fit another expansion in before we're ready to extend Vicky. My second choice would be HOI3.

You should let the masses beat Vicky up for a while before planning an expansion, the ideas the devs have now might not end up being the most wanted/needed things 6 months after release.

I aggree. Victoria 2 does deserve an expansion, but I honestly think it's too early to be considering one. Victoria 2 should be released and players allowed to get to grips with it. Once Paradox listens to player feedback, they would be in a much better position to create a better expansion.

EDIT: I've been keeping an eye on the poll and every time Rome seems to be closing the gap between EU3 and itself, EU3 suddenly lurches forward. :(

I voted for Rome.

With the recent discovery of more Roman-era ruins, the opening of the underground for the Collesium(sp) and the exploring of the sunken Alexander port (Cleopatra era) going on, an expansion of Rome would be able to capitalize on the increased interest of the time period world-wide to gather new customers.

EU3 - RotW
In EU3 China, Japan and India are seriously lacking in flavour, and the regions just can't be modelled properly without extensive modifications and work arounds, like the Sengoku/Bakufu system in MM. Its such a poorly looked after area, but with some proper research and mechanics could complete the EU3 series... again...

I wouldn't mind an expansion for Rome, if it expanded the playable area and re-vamped the rather... arbitrary and unflavoursome barbarian mechanics...

as for Vicky 2, i can't wait for it, but i have no interest in the US civil war.

HoI3 needs some serious work, but expanding the timelines and adding new scenarios is not the solution.

EUIII is a complete, polished game.

For Europe, maybe, the rest of the world is still unpolished and distinctly lacking in the flavour, care and attention lavished upon Europe.

Rome on the other hand desperately needs some love due to the small nature of its map.

I do agree, everything needs to be of a very high standard when dealing with smaller, less busy regions.

But i don't mind either way.

As some has said: thanks for the poll

Also, i'd really like a CK2 too, but a new expansion, with focus on the rest of the world, for EU3, ties with CK2, so EU3: Rotw gets my vote :p

This is a fair point. All I can say in defence of it is that Victoria 2 as a game scope has a lot of potential for expansion material.

Victoria 2 - Crimea: The Thin Red Line
Victoria 2 - The Great Game: Race for an Empire
Victoria 2 - Colonization: The Dark Continent
Victoria 2 - ACW: Fate of a Continent Afar
Victoria 2 - The Eastern Question: A Peace to End All Peace
Victoria 2 - Opium Wars: Addiction of an Empire
Victoria 2 - The Tycoon: Conquer, Extract & Exploit
Victoria 2 - The Great War: The Fall of the Empires
Victoria 2 - Manifesto: An Era of Revolutions
Victoria 2 - Tropico: Quest for Panama (Latin Edition)
Victoria 2 - Four Seasons: Four Holidays for Each Empire
Victoria 2 - University: Victoria Sorority Club
Victoria 2 - Open For Business: Promoting Clerks to Capitalists
Victoria 2 - Pets: Poodle Frenzy
Victoria 2 - Nightlife: Diplomacy Enhanced
Victoria 2 - Bon Voyage: Send your unwanted Pops to France
Victoria 2 - Jules Verne: Colonization of Mars Possible
Victoria 2 - IKEA: Tired of Velvet Furniture?
Victoria 2 - XXX: Victoria's Secret

I have voted for Rome but I really wanted to vote for none of the above.

EU3 ROTW focus - isn't that a contradiction in terms? I haven't got HTTT yet so I am unlikely to get ROTW for some time. Also without a specific focus I don't see a point.

Rome Alexander - the period appeals however I found the Rome game to be too annoyingly wrong historically that I just couldn't play it. It is not just that the military side if things was very wrong, it was that everything that was changed from EU3 was made less right. So if you are going to do Alexander do it as an expansion for EU3 or HOI3, or even Vicky2.

HOI3 - SF is not yet out and you don't appear to have clear goals as to what would be in the expansion, so how can we say if its the preferred option?

Vicky2 Civil War - Again Vicky2 isn't out yet so a bit early for an expansion - I think Paradox will get heavily slated if they immediately produce a expansion and stop bug fixes for the base version, plus you loose the time to find out what parts of the game the users hate, or just doesn't work well. Plus criticism that a key part was left out so it could be sold as an add on.

Other Ideas would be
Unification of China - China during Spring & Autumn, and Warring States periods ending with the 1st Emperor.

CK2 - I suspect you could take the EU3 & Rome dynasties and blend in Crusader history to produce something like CK but running in a EU3/Rome engine.

Alex., China, and CK2, all work best with the limited map in Rome, but all would need major changes to the combat engine - but the changes could also be used to fix Rome, and you might be able to get away with all 4 from a single engine. They might also work better as stand alone products - as even in Alex you aren't so much expanding the game's timespan as adding a separate timespan.

Since CK2 is not offered as an option: Rome.

A better map and an eastern expansion would be GREAT.

Second vote (cheat): an expansion that brings the Rome civil war system to EU3. How civil wars are handled in Rome is close to perfect... instead of rebel stomping you actually have a civil war on your hands. Would need to be changed so that if the two factions sign peace, the two nations become independent of eachother for real and no longer can freely annex eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.