• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are actually voting for their favourite here, not considering which one is in most need of an expansion.
You should rename this poll to "which of these games are your favorite".

The results are not indicative of what Paradox "should" focus on next at all.
I have a feeling that people are voting for EU3, simply because it's an option. By reading the comments on here, it seems that EU3 has the numbers, but Rome has the desire and enthusiasm.

This is not a poll asking what game we think needs an expansion to meet its potential. This is a poll asking us what game we would most like to see an expansion for. Rome needs the expansion the most, and I don't think you'll meet much resistance on that point. But many would like to see expansion packs for other games besides Rome for various reasons: They don't play Rome much, they like the era of other games more, etc...

Seriously, why is anyone voting for EU3? It just had a new expansion released like 6 months ago. And its the 3rd expansion. Rome hasn't even had a second. And who really thinks that EU3 needs that much more improvement? Rome on the other hand, has an incredible amount of potential. Posts that suggest we should vote for EU3 because it is a better game don't make any sense. Isn't the point of an expansion to make the game better?

Yes, of course, people absolutely have never wanted a "Rest of the world" expansion to EU III. They're just voting EU3 because it's an option.

Honestly, ideally both Rome and EU III would get their expansions. But if I have to chose between them? EU3 is the game I play, the game I'm more interested in spending money on, and the rest of the world is precisely the part of EU3 I've been trying to mod extra details to for years, because it's the part I'm more interested in - Japan, colonization, all that jazz.

Sorry, Rome is cool and all, and certainly deserves (and need) an expansion, but of these two, the one that best suit what I want to play is, without any question, EU3.

And as that's the question - which one I want, not which one I feel is most "deserved" - EU3:ROTW gets my vote, because it's by far the one I'm most likely to purchase and play..

The Rest of the World is a gigantic hole in what is otherwise a fantastic game. I have never played EU:Rome and I probably will not for some time (money issues blergh) so I will vote for EU3 right now.

Seriously, why is anyone voting for EU3? It just had a new expansion released like 6 months ago. And its the 3rd expansion. Rome hasn't even had a second. And who really thinks that EU3 needs that much more improvement? Rome on the other hand, has an incredible amount of potential. Posts that suggest we should vote for EU3 because it is a better game don't make any sense. Isn't the point of an expansion to make the game better?
Like I just said, it is not about what game needs an expansion to meet its potential. It's about what game they play and what game they would want to see even further improved. EU3 is a great game, but think about how much better it can be with yet another expansion focusing on the neglected ROTW!

The point is this: All the games will get better if they get an expansion. What matters is what game people play and which game they want to see further improved. Many want to see Rome improved, but many more would like to see EU3 improved even further.

Maybe you miss read.

This is not a poll for everyone's favourite Paradox Game, but rather which one needs an expansion more.

Simply the fact that you enjoy EU III more than you do Rome leads me to believe that Rome needs an expansion more.

Rome may not be nearly as good as EU III, but it has amazing potential to be as good, perhaps even better (think of Civil Wars and Dynasties).

That potential will forever go unrealized unless it gets its well deserved expansion.

They ask what game I want an expension to. I want one for EU3 because it's the game I like more and I'm not bored to play. Rome is boring and I think there is nothing they can do even with an expension. It's not a pole about what "may get better with expension"

Or possibly the EU voters aren't posting because they agree with the outcome of the poll, while the Romans are up in arms because they see it as a grand injustice?

Possibly. I'm just going by the comments on this thread. I don't think us Romans are "up in arms", we just feel that EU3 has had it's fair share of expansions, is already fairly polished, had an expansion only two months ago and doesn't need the attention. Rome, on the other hand, has been waiting for an expansion for almost two years and is in dire need of some love and care.

Us Romans aren't trying to have digs at other Paradox fans or games, we just want our beloved game to brought up to the same level as EU3! :)

We're probably going to see all of these at some point. The poll is about what's going to be the next project, not last. I don't see a reason why Paradox wouldn't inevitably do both EU3 and EU: Rome expansions (expansion for Vicky 2 and another for HOI3 I think are pretty sure anyway) if there's enough desire for both.

But I still want my Rome expansion before another for EU3, HttT is enough to me for a while.

The question isn't which game do you think ought to have an expansion or which game deserves an expansion, it's which game do you want to have an expansion for. For me, that's EU3. As someone else said, the other PI games I buy; EU3, I play.

Is anyone else surprised HoI3 isn't getting more votes? I thought there was a huge base for that game.

Hard question to answer.

Would prefer to wait on SF and Vick 2 to see what the community wants to expand, rather than the publishers / developers. But an EU 3 expansion seems excessive and I never could get into Rome, and doubt an expansion will suck me in the way Revolutions did for Vicky.

Is there another choice, other than "give them a vacation?"

I'd say that HOI 3 needs the most work, but I am not that interested in an extended timeline or battlescenarios. I've also seen 2 paradox Devs say they have "A lot of ideas" for EU rotw. I wish I saw devs saying "we really really have some great ideas for Rome."

I think I will vote for Vicky ACW and regional markets, because I know those will be in demand from the players.

I didn't vote for the Rome expansion because it sounds like the same (boring) game, only with a new map at an other time.

The EU3 expansion on the other hand looks like a good idea, giving the game even more deep.

Can I just point out the last EU3 expansion was December 15th, six months ago not two.

Ooops! Apologies, all! The release of the "print-on-demand" strategy guide for HTTT was two months ago.

*Self Facepalm* :eek:o

Or possibly the EU voters aren't posting because they agree with the outcome of the poll, while the Romans are up in arms because they see it as a grand injustice?

ITT: Butthurt Romans. Now the results seem to be clear after 10 pages and EU:R is unlikely to win the vote, they interpret the results as if EU:R is on top.

I think overall an EU3 expansion would render more revenue for Paradox, which is also a thing to consider. (Then again, if that was the main consideration in general, Vicky 2 would not be available, and that one seems to come out just fine). I should probably stop arguing against myself now.

The HoI3 expansion will not be out until June. The next project probably won't start until July. It will take several months to develop so by the time the potential RoTW comes out HttT will be quite a few months old. I still think it'd be ridiculous but there you go.

They ask what game I want an expension to. I want one for EU3 because it's the game I like more and I'm not bored to play. Rome is boring and I think there is nothing they can do even with an expension. It's not a pole about what "may get better with expension"

Except that EU3 is fun and playable because it has had so many patches and expansions that improve and expand it's gameplay. Rome is not so fun because it only has a few patches and one expansion.

I've also seen 2 paradox Devs say they have "A lot of ideas" for EU rotw. I wish I saw devs saying "we really really have some great ideas for Rome."

They have been :) Or atleast Doomdark has. Way before this poll even.

The HoI3 expansion will not be out until June. The next project probably won't start until July. It will take several months to develop so by the time the potential RoTW comes out HttT will be quite a few months old. I still think it'd be ridiculous but there you go.

November or December release as has been the norm over the last two years for expansions, I'd guess.

Which means HTTT would be a year old by then. A year between expansions is not outside the realm of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.