• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after that is there "The Turning of the Turning of the Tide"? :D

Even we couldn't tell you, we haven't played that far yet

-Laurence

So after the next update it's gonna be a steady decline of CP power?
I think I'd like that. :D

I love downfall AARs.

Hate to ask this but...

Were you making out with the toilet afterward? :rofl:

Nope. When things got dire I retreated to a corner of the room where I spent an hour and a half staring at a world map repeating the words 'Do not throw up - Do not throw up - Do not throw up' mentally :D. In effect, I cured myself and was fresh as could be afterwards. It was a pretty heavy 1hr30 nontheless

I also recall Laurence casually strolling in with a glass of water at four in the morning, after which the following conversation began (in dialectic broken Dutch, obviously)
"Oh, there you are. what's up?"
"Meuh"
"Not feeling to good mhm?"
"Meuh"
"Well, that's for allways having to finish up bottles of tequila I'd say"
"Meuh"
"So, the people that are still standing are playing Singstar Disneyland next room, you coming?"
"Meu... you know what, I think I'd rather stare at this map for a while longer. You go on, I'll be there when the world stops spinning"
Laurence exits stage right

And yes, we played Singstar Disneyland. It it awesome when drunk, and Laurence is actually better with every shot he takes. I, on the other hand, do not improve by the blood alcohol level ;)

-Vincent

You could've just drank a glass of fanta or cola. Unless you're really teetering on throwing up. In that case I'd just stick two fingers down my throat. It's faster than saying a mantra for 1 and a half hours. Although you don't feel as fresh afterwards :cool:

That's the chicken way out. My motto is: drink like a man, take it like a man ;)

Enough work for today, I'm off to bed
Cheers,
Vince

Nope. When things got dire I retreated to a corner of the room where I spent an hour and a half staring at a world map repeating the words 'Do not throw up - Do not throw up - Do not throw up' mentally :D. In effect, I cured myself and was fresh as could be afterwards. It was a pretty heavy 1hr30 nontheless

I also recall Laurence casually strolling in with a glass of water at four in the morning, after which the following conversation began (in dialectic broken Dutch, obviously)
"Meuh"
"Meuh"
"Meuh"
"So, the people that are still standing are playing Singstar Disneyland next room, you coming?"
"Meu... you know what, I think I'd rather stare at this map for a while longer. You go on, I'll be there when the world stops spinning"

And yes, we played Singstar Disneyland. It it awesome when drunk, and Laurence is actually better with every shot he takes. I, on the other hand, do not improve by the blood alcohol level ;)

-Vincent
I vaguely remember this conversation, as well as the Singstar competitions, I actually do get better in the more I drink. :D
Yet by the end there was more moaning than singing in the microphone, I still won though.

-Laurence

I vaguely remember this conversation, as well as the Singstar competitions, I actually do get better in the more I drink. :D
Yet by the end there was more moaning than singing in the microphone, I still won though.

-Laurence

We also kicked everyone's ass in Buzz. Go Napoleon! :D

-Vincent

Edit by Laurence:
We sure did, this could also be because our opponents were either half asleep or half conscious. :D

Last edited:
19turningofthetide.png

Chapter XVIII: The Turning of the Tide.

June

oldbahamaattack.jpg

The USN took the lead again in the Caribbean, attacking British Carrier fleets and forcing the Royal Navy away from Cuba.

battlenorthbahama2.jpg
The Royal Navy responded with a heavy counter-offensive in the North Bahamas, leading to heavy losses on both sides.

loss2.jpg

Among the destroyed ships was the HMS Manilla, a recently deployed carrier from the shipyards of Calcutta. The destruction of these expensive carriers were yet another heavy blow for British morale and Pact economy.

useconomyflourishes.jpg

The United States economy, on the other hand, flourished as the AOF began synchronising their war production, creating a capacity four times larger than anything The Channel Pact could muster. The short period of the Channel Pact as dominant world power had come to an end.

bombing.jpg
Luftwaffe detachments shifted their focus from Newfoundland to the Carribean attempting to break up large fleet formations. The Atlantic War had taken a heavy toll on Channel Pact navies, who were now severely outnumbered. The USN alone contained four times the amount of capital ships of the Royal Navy, with the Kriegsmarine following up as third.

defeat1.jpg
In the course of the month June, even more British carriers were sent to the bottom of the sea. Facing a deteriorating situation and disrupted supply lines in Europe, Prime Minister De Nil ordered the Royal Navy to retreat from the Carribean and concentrate on the seas around Bermuda.​

July

victoryus.jpg
July opened with a victory for the Kriegsmarine, who managed to intercept a US destroyer fleet patrolling around Bermuda

attacksydney.jpg
Near the end of July, Operation Down-Under was entering it’s final days. With 90% of Australia occupied and AOF forces in full retreat, the country faced impending doom. A three-pronged attack led by heavily mechanized German forces sealed the fate of Sydney. Whatever remained of the Australian Army retreated to Canberra, in an attempt to stall Rommel and Montgomery and evacuate as many personnel as possible...​

The Pact Shall Never Fall!

One Day the Americans shall simply run out of coal to power their factories and when that day comes the Pact will be victorius!

The AOF cannot be defeated.

The Channel Pact is a temporary setback on the road to freedom.

Last night, me and Laurence hit a friend's birthday bash, whish lasted all night and was seeeeeeriously alcoholic. Downing fourteen shots of tequila in one hour? Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad idea.

I DID get drunk last night; eight shots of tequila, at least two rhum colas (I think I got four), three heavy beers, I think a couple of Mojitos, not to mention spiked Iced Tea (I dunno, maybe Gin?) in our office Christmas party. Don't blame me if I suck at drinking, gotta give it to a guy who's genetically disadvantaged when it comes to the alcohol.

"Meuh"
"Meuh"
"Meuh"

-Vincent

:rofl: That is indeed taking it like a man. Ever tried Rock Band/Guitar Hero though? Would be an absolute blast IMO. :D However, getting blasted that bad doesn't help with trying to talk to the ladies though, especially ones with "boyfriends" in tow i.e. I ain't even sure if they were couples or whatever, office parties with lots of hot ladies (banker chicks are the best, trust me ;)) make me want to drive myself to drink. DAMN I HATE LIVING IN A CATHOLIC CONSERVATIVE COUNTRY; and thanks for liberating us in the AAR. :wacko:

Edit: Sheesh, this is a looong, bad hangover I have.

It seams like TCP won't be able to clear the seas. The US must be producing 50 cv's a year...
At least, and the AI also produces it's units WITH brigades already attacked, this also goes for it's land divisions.
Just imagine the IC they save by being AI!

The Pact Shall Never Fall!

One Day the Americans shall simply run out of coal to power their factories and when that day comes the Pact will be victorius!
American industry isn't powered by coal, it is powered by pure rage!

The Pact countries have something the AOF doesn't have. Land units with experience. That shall break the back.

Unleash the rain of nukes. Oh wait, you're going to wait for them.
This is true, fear my max-experience VI Panzers! :D

I DID get drunk last night; eight shots of tequila, at least two rhum colas (I think I got four), three heavy beers, I think a couple of Mojitos, not to mention spiked Iced Tea (I dunno, maybe Gin?) in our office Christmas party. Don't blame me if I suck at drinking, gotta give it to a guy who's genetically disadvantaged when it comes to the alcohol.

:rofl: That is indeed taking it like a man. Ever tried Rock Band/Guitar Hero though? Would be an absolute blast IMO. :D However, getting blasted that bad doesn't help with trying to talk to the ladies though, especially ones with "boyfriends" in tow i.e. I ain't even sure if they were couples or whatever, office parties with lots of hot ladies (banker chicks are the best, trust me ;)) make me want to drive myself to drink. DAMN I HATE LIVING IN A CATHOLIC CONSERVATIVE COUNTRY; and thanks for liberating us in the AAR. :wacko:

Edit: Sheesh, this is a looong, bad hangover I have.
Sounds like a good party :p
Too bad about the hangover, I think I am imume to them or something. ;)

Yes we wanted to play Guitar Hero but the controllers weren't there atm...

Iew...Catholic AND Conservative, a living hell, what country is it?

-Laurence

Status
Not open for further replies.