• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(157789)

Major
1 Badges
Aug 23, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
IAlexeicopy.jpg

ContentWarning.jpg

“What a glorious motherland in flames,
The children of all nations cried in pain,
Part of the plan of the Great Eastern Games,
And the nations of the world, gone insane.

Flames in Moscow, Berlin, Beijing and Rome,
Silence over fields, circled by the crow,
Not since the Fall of America’s Dome,
Have the doomed angels of death, revved to go.

Onwards two-fifty-fifth and all the rest,
Up, up, climb the rotting bodies of friends,
A nation now bereft of all its best,
A nation, lost and waiting for all ends.

All for a foreign land, burning in rage,
The great man of Russia, locked in his cage.”
- Alexei Tataryn.

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 : The Replacements
- Arrival at Camp Suvorov
- The First Day
- Assignment
- The Steel Tsars
- Ivan the Mad
- The Foreign Ministry
- Smoke and Shadows
- Step Forth, Yemen

Chapter 2 : Of Oil and Fire
- America's Failure
- A Lost Thing
- Of Dreams and Memories - Part 1

________________________________​

Perhaps if the judge had deemed to tell me just what exactly the 255th Brigade was like, I would have refrained from volunteering. Perhaps if I had, had one less drink I would never have been in this situation. But then again, we must all pay for our sins.

The kick of the Helicopter landing on the deck woke me from my slumber, and in a moment, a flash of images and memories vanished and the world descended upon me. It was hard to see at first, the helicopter was dimly light, hardly better than when we had boarded, but my eyes soon adjusted. I looked at the others, trying to discern their faces. Many of them were boys, barely begun their career, assuming they had even chosen it. Some of the others looked more experienced, maybe even members of OMON who had served in Chechnya. Either way I didn’t care.

“On the ready line!” called out a man walking up to the loading ramp. In one hand, he carried a clipboard with numerous papers, and in the other was an old camera. “Before you leave today, you all receive a complimentary boarding photo from the Russian Air Force.” He shouted. Some of the others looked at each other, unsure what he meant and unsure what to think. I did the same and turned to the man next to me, not even knowing his name.

“How do we collect?” one of the men in the back asked.

“We’ll send it to you!” the officer joked. Some nervous cheers broke out, but were quickly silenced. A flash erupted from the camera and briefly blinded all of us. I rubbed my eyes from the shock of the flash, and several curses erupted from the others.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

New Members of the 255th Spetsnaz Brigade arrive at Camp Suvorov. An ongoing joke among the pilots of reinforcing aircraft was to take photos of the reinforcements and gradually mark off the ones killed.

“That is assuming you all live long enough to want it.” The man whispered as he triggered the loading ramp. If I hadn’t been sitting beside him, I probably would have missed it. None of the others would have heard it. What the hell kind of place is the 255th anyway?

All I know about them is that they’re a Spetsnaz Brigade. And even then, they’re under the control of the Ministry of Defence, and not some shady GRU commander. Still though, if anything the world, or I, had heard about the Spetsnaz was true, it seemed like a just punishment for me.

“Go, Go, Go! Get off my helicopter, you lazy Slavs!” yelled the flight officer as the we snatched up our rifles and bolted off of the Mil-Mi-8. I was first in line and grabbed my gun from between my knees. As I took my steps off of the Helicopter and lined up outside, I caught my first sight of Army Base Suvorov. A sprawling mass of tents, and makeshift fence that looked more like a few trees with barbed wire strung between them.

Before I could contemplate boarding the helicopter and ordering the pilot to fly off at gun point, the loading ramp was closed and the rotors were turning. Whatever was going to happen, I was in it for the long haul.

mimi8.jpg

The Mil-Mi-8 leaving Camp Suvorov.

Last edited:
An interesting introduction which just leaves me asking for more. Thanks for participating with Writing in the StAARs!

I like. :)

A very promising start. Btw, is the 255th a Special Brigade in-game? Or a paratroop? I always find the latter to represent SpecOps better than that tweaked mountain division they have as Special Brigade in MDS...

I fear the Russian bear. Great writing and keep it up.

FYI Judges: I did approve edits to first post for the competition.

Promising start, waiting for more!

Please get rid of Putin! Every Russian MDS AAR I see, we get Putin as some magnificent dictator/tzar. He is not.

Give us a commie revolution! :D

political-pictures-vladimir-putin-want-has.jpg

I'm interested now

I shall endeavour to keep said interest.

Suscribed!

Thanks!

I liked the introductory poem. Goes forth the 255th.

Thanks! You can expect to see more from Alexei. ;)

AWESOME. Set the World ablaze

Thanks! And yes, that is the plan.

So which Suvorov is the camp named after? Fairly sure the former, though. :D

The camp is named for Aleksandr Suvorov. It was actually slightly difficult to find what to name it. I decided on him after reading he was one of the few Generals never to lose a battle. Thanks for reading!

Thanks!

Please get rid of Putin! Every Russian MDS AAR I see, we get Putin as some magnificent dictator/tzar. He is not.

Give us a commie revolution! :D

I have considered it. I have a plan. Watch and you shall see! :p

A very promising start. Btw, is the 255th a Special Brigade in-game? Or a paratroop? I always find the latter to represent SpecOps better than that tweaked mountain division they have as Special Brigade in MDS...

I had considered going with the Special Brigade, but I think I will change it to the Airborne, a Spetsnaz Airborne to be precise.

Promising start, waiting for more!

Thanks! I have a very busy schedule, so most updates will come every Sunday unless I squeeze in some time, like today. ;)

In all but name.

An interesting introduction which just leaves me asking for more. Thanks for participating with Writing in the StAARs!

Thanks! It is my pleasure.

I fear the Russian bear. Great writing and keep it up.

FYI Judges: I did approve edits to first post for the competition.

The Russian Bear has not yet awoke. ;) Thanks!

“Attention!” cried a man walking towards us. I turned back quickly to see him, and found a short, bulbous man waddling towards us. His stomach jutted out in front of him, and jostled as he stepped. To be perfectly honest, I couldn’t tell which was of greater concern; that this man was overweight and yet still retained his job, or that he was followed by a gang of men with batons.

Without waiting for a second order, I snapped to attention with many others in the line. Only a few waited longer, still watching the helicopter as it vanished amongst the distant trees. They were quickly dealt with as the thugs leapt forward and struck them in the stomach, and then again in the back with their batons. Behind them, another group of men stood in blue and gray camouflage, eyeing us all like prison guards.

“Let that be a lesson to all of you. The 255th, may have a poor reputation among the army, but we are not thugs, and disorderly rabble. When they fall away, we will remain. Understood?”

“Yes, Sir.” We all called out, the men on the ground still being beaten and crying out in pain.

OMONGuard.jpg

OMON Guards were a common sight amongst the 255th.

“Good. These men” he said, gesturing at the OMON guards, “will be ever present in all of your activities and throughout your day. Do not expect them to be kind. Do not expect them to speak with you. If I were you, I would avoid having anything to do with them, as much as possible.” He added, ending with a slight nod.
“Understood, Sir.”

“Approach the Dispertion Office in the camp, the men will take you there, and from there, you will find your squad. Let’s not have any incidents on the first day.” He said, turning to leave. “I wouldn’t share your reasons for being here with anyone.” He called out.

As the man walked off and away, the OMON approached and the largest of them took a step out from his cohort. I couldn’t see his facial expression, hidden behind his mask, but I didn’t have to. His voice betrayed his intentions. “Welcome to Camp Suvorov.” He said with a chuckle.

CampSuvorovcopy-1.jpg

A picture taken at Camp Suvorov, Unknown Date.

Commie Revolution...PLEASE YES!