• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good party :p
Too bad about the hangover, I think I am imume to them or something. ;)

Yes we wanted to play Guitar Hero but the controllers weren't there atm...

Iew...Catholic AND Conservative, a living hell, what country is it?

-Laurence

:D I thought it was a hangover, then I remembered I only had four hours of sleep every day this whole of last week. :rolleyes:

God, I can just imagine rocking out to songs while drunk... but what effect will this war have on music? More marital stuff? A faster move towards electronica, but a retardation of rock trends? Very interesting stuff.

As for my country, *points to flag* FAILipines, ehem, Philippines I meant with that.

Repressed nation can't even talk about romance and sex without provoking shits, giggles and guffaws. Even my friends don't talk about sex or romance in groups, not to mention media. Imagine having 20 minutes cut from 1 1/2 hour movies like Ninja Assassin (gratuitous violence) and Jennifer's Body (indecent exposure), none of the more titillating Axe ads, not to mention condoms or other contraceptive stuff. To top it all off, even in the raciest clubs, 4 of 5 girls won't go with a random guy for a one night stand.

In a world such as yours, with the numbers of young men getting sent off to war... and one last time with their sweethearts, inhibitions must be pretty low. :D

Finally managed to read through all of it. This one is the best ever!!! I myself live in the Netherlands (you know, the country that has a lot of orange in it :p) ....

Nevertheless, I like the way you guys have made the story very attracting to read. It has some cliff hangers and the right stuff, you had to make like 5 movies to capture all of the stuff you did....

How do I get in the reader's group thingie? Is it still possible to recruit me as a big supporter of the Channel Pact?

I also follow your 'Raise the Crimson Banner' AAR, which is good as well, but this one is really Epic, Epic and Epic again :p

Down with America, Long Live the Channel Pact, the glorious bond of Nations!!!

Tim

Two words, slave labour.

The Americans power their factories by burning people? :eek:

This however bodes well for CP forces as they have more people. Thereforce eventually they will win by simply burning more of their subjects :)

Hey, Maybe the Pit is a Portal do America. The Americans are using the people who was 'Pit'd' as a Eletrical Generator. :O
Feel the Power of The Brazilian Navy! \o/

Mexico is pretty depopulated at this point XD

With 120div and rising on the counter, we're beginning to think they started recruiting dogs aswell ;)

Finally managed to read through all of it. This one is the best ever!!! I myself live in the Netherlands (you know, the country that has a lot of orange in it :p) ....

Nevertheless, I like the way you guys have made the story very attracting to read. It has some cliff hangers and the right stuff, you had to make like 5 movies to capture all of the stuff you did....

How do I get in the reader's group thingie? Is it still possible to recruit me as a big supporter of the Channel Pact?

I also follow your 'Raise the Crimson Banner' AAR, which is good as well, but this one is really Epic, Epic and Epic again :p

Down with America, Long Live the Channel Pact, the glorious bond of Nations!!!

Tim

Thanks, and the Readers Group can simply be found by looking for it in the groups tab (alternatively, visit our profile and go to the groups we're member of). The Readers Group is public and thus to join you just have to click join group

The Americans power their factories by burning people? :eek:

This however bodes well for CP forces as they have more people. Thereforce eventually they will win by simply burning more of their subjects :)

With China holding our backs, indeed, but it'll be a while before they have anything resembling an effective fighting force

Hey, Maybe the Pit is a Portal do America. The Americans are using the people who was 'Pit'd' as a Eletrical Generator. :O
Feel the Power of The Brazilian Navy! \o/

Damn yanks, hombres, eses and pinoys :D. By the time we reach your shores, America will burn! Buuuuuurn!

(that is, if we don't get our asses kicked first)

-Vincent

On a sidenote, me and Laurence are working on reorganising the chapter structure. For that, I just finished the names and graphics of the next 15 chapters, which will also be the last, totalling TCP at 30 chapters with prologue and epilogue. Our question is, would anyone be willing to assist in the mind-bogglingly dull task of archiving every single update and putting links and explanation below the chapters graphics in the index? This is something that has been requested a lot but never really implemented

-Vincent

i'll do it! only 114 pages to sort through, but i'll have to start next week, because its exam time here.

Great news! You should add TRProductions_Vincent@hotmail.com and TRProductions_Laurence@hotmail.com to MSn so we can plan it out. I might not be able to attend directly though, I just rebooted my home computer from a fatal virus and it's hammy on installing MSN for some reason

Also, does anyone want a sortof overview on what we expect TCP to be in terms of length, etc?

-Vincent

yes overview please! and while your at it ask kaiser for an update!...

yes overview please! and while your at it ask kaiser for an update!...

Kaiser controls the update speed*, so update requests will have to be PMed to him

*For now, because we notice we are burning through buffer at an astounding rate :eek:. We might have to tone down the speed of updating in a month or so to be able to recover buffer. Constant updates will resume though, although smaller and less frequent.

The following events took place July 25th, 1946, Canberra, Australia

It was an unusually cool and dry night for this time of the year. Australian Prime Minister Robert Menzies sat in his office, at the back of his presidential villa just south of Canberra, and pondered. In this peaceful house, the war seemed like nothing more than a bad dream, a dark thought quickly chased away by dawn. He sighed and put down his pen, staring at the order papers the AOF had sent him. Hold off Pact Forces as long as possible. Allow the AOF to evacuate. Try not to get shot yourself.

President Thomas E. Dewey had offered Menzies refuge in the United States, and the possibility to form a government-in-exile, to return to his country when the war reached it’s happy ending. Menzies had refused, stating that he would rather stay in Australia and bear the burden of occupation along with the rest of his subjects. The true reason, however, was much darker. Menzies did not trust the AOF. Their zeal was too great, their determination to annihilate the Channel Pact too remorseless. Who knows what they were capable of? Menzies pushed away the AOF documents and grabbed hold of Australian Special Service espionage reports from the US. The United States had changed.
Accompanied with dark and blurry pictures of policemen beating down protesters, violent repression of strikes and other depressing photos, the document clearly stated that the US pursued a horrible repression campaign against anyone who dared to criticize the conduct of war. Terms like “Communist partisans” or “Pact terrorists” were used far too often to handily sweep away all opposition. In truth, Thomas E Dewey had become a radical autocrat, ruling his country as if it were a massive military factory. His determination to eliminate De Nil and Van Geyte had driven him mad, corrupt. He didn’t care about the people. The only thing he wanted was more, more bombers, more carriers, more divisions. It had been different years ago.

Menzies grabbed a picture of an odd cloud, shaped by a thin string of smoke rising into the air, an enormous balloon-shaped cloud on top. Project Trinity. Soon, the AOF would have control of the nuclear bomb as well. Intelligence had already pointed out that both Germany and England already possessed a nuclear arsenal, yet neither of the two showed any interest in using them. The bombs remained in Europe, and were not used in any offensive. The war in Australia could have ended months earlier, yet their enemies kept the battle conventional. Maybe there was still some humanity left in the leaders of the Pact. Menzies wondered, would the AOF show the same kind of chivalry after they developed their nuclear arsenal? He sighed and shook his head. Too many had already died on the battlefields. It was as if this war would never end.

The Prime Minister flicked out his desk light and walked to the balcony. A gentle sea beeze caressed his head and for a while, Menzies his thoughts calmed. He stared at the lights of Canberra at the horizon, a beautiful sight spoiled by the many fires that had erupted due to Pact bombing. Why Australia? He thought. It had been proud and beautiful once, and now his nation lay in ruins. Cities like Melbourne and Sydney had been reduced to rubble, corpses and tank wrecks littered every road on the island. Menzies sighed and called for his guard.
“Bishop?”
No response. The air was cool and still as it had been before.
“Bishop, where are you?”
The vast darkness surrounding the Prime Minister did not answer him. Suddenly, he heard a branch snap in two not far from his front door. Something was wrong.

Panicking, Menzies sped through the house, making his way to the back door in an attempt to escape. Surprisingly agile for his age, he slammed open the door and ran towards his car. Suddenly, he stopped. A freezing shiver was sent down his spine as Robert Menzies felt a cold barrel being held against his neck. He exhaled deeply and calmed himself.
“I can assume you are Robert Menzies?”
“Yes, I am.”
“My name is Robert Mayne. By the power vested in me by the Council of the Admiralty and the Channel Pact Head Command, I hereby place you under arrest.”
Menzies grinned “So you must be one of the elusive Special Air Service Brigades we have been hearing about?”
“Yes sir, and I have been tasked to bring you in.”
“On what charges?”
“Unlawful secession from the British Empire.”
“Of course. What did you do to my guard?”
“He has been subdued, sir.”
Menzies his invisible assailant nodded into the darkness “Take him over, chief.”
“Yes sir” A second, brawny SAS soldier stepped into the light, considerably taller than the first one. With amazing strength, the tall soldier grabbed hold of Menzies and cuffed him. In the meanwhile, Robert Mayne switched on his radio, through which two arguing voices could be heard.
“...I swear to god Mahoney, if you pull that on me one more time, I’ll...”
“Would you guys please shut the hell up!?” Menzies observed Mayne as he gave orders through the radio.
“The package has been secured. Mission complete. Meet us at the drop zone and we’ll head back to the sub.” The radio responded “Aye sir”, and Mayne switched it off
“You came by submarine?” Menzies was surprised by the British their inventiveness.
“We needed to be as stealth as possible. You have a long journey ahead of you, sir. Looks like they want to see you in Europe.”
Menzies grinned “Well, I think I could use a holiday right about now.”
“Sure you could. Please follow me.”
Robert Menzies followed the men into the darkness. His reign had ended.

canberrawin.jpg

On July 27th, German forces began their final offensive on the city of Canberra. After the retreat of the AOF, the Australian Army found itself abandoned by her allies, outnumbered and outgunned. After the news of the capture of the Australian Prime Minister spread, the remaining government was quick to sign an unconditional peace with the Channel Pact, and spare the Australian population from more destruction.

aussiesannexed.jpg

On the 28th of July, 1946, the sovereign state of Australia was abolished, and the Dominion of Australia reinstated. Now officially a new part of the British Empire, British and German engineers were quickly sent into the ravaged dominion to rebuild the damage done by the war.

The Australian Theatre turned out to be a massive debacle for the large but inefficient AOF troops, who were forced to make a full retreat back to the Americas. Their incapability to fight overseas bode ill for the American Pacific Islands and the little nation of New-Zealand.​

Last edited:
Update to follow. I'll switch to every other day if you like TRP if this is too fast. :)

Coming up: Ironsides!

Nah, keep this rate. Take it to Operation Morning light and then we either go one update every other day this length, or half the length every day. From that point on there'll be a lot to do anyway so smaller updates won't hurt methinks ;)

I think Menzies' future is a little brighter than the future of the rest AOF nations. He's intelligent enough to be of use to the British empire.
perhaps- but on the other hand he was strangely cooperative. perhaps he has seen the light :eek:
surely you have bigger fish to fry than New Zealand? ;)

I've been checking out the manuscript, now I remember where we are

Remember the next 5 or so updates guys. This is where it gets really screwed up :D

-Vincent

perhaps- but on the other hand he was strangely cooperative. perhaps he has seen the light :eek:
surely you have bigger fish to fry than New Zealand? ;)

You mean that barely coherent non-country? Of course there are more important things to annex, but if we don't take it soon, the US will do what it does best:
Overstack each province until they have a perma-fort, one that can only be cleared using the Holy Fire, the White Light, da Bomb.

-Laurence

fair enough... where have you guys played up to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.