• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Let us begin with the important thing, somehow Kurtie has ended up the swing voter. It's a tie between II and 3, so his "Tanks in Dark Places" vote will swing it, depending on how it is interpreted. Even after all these years, he retains the capacity to impress.
Fugg yeah! :D

So, if I modify my vote a tiny bit, is the tie broken?

A pity I have to break such a lovely situation.

Then my final vote is for II. A detour to dark places

There will be plenty of time for future armoured tales.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Mildly surprised that no-one has attempted a rash of voting to dethrone Kurtie and swing things back in their favour, there are 17 whole posts until the bottom of the page and voting has not yet been declared closed. The Vote Colonel is disappointed in everyone's lack of commitment to Managed Democracy.

Realistically writing won't start until the weekend and so everyone has until Friday 23:59 to vote, perhaps even a tad later for those in less fortunate time zones.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Another vote for A, although I appear to be in the minority

• 3Like
Reactions:
Vote II. They'd vote for you!

• 2Like
Reactions:
4D IV Tanks and Tractors roll along.
I was fairly certain that Delta was "The Bulwark of the Empire: The Royal Navy", but I'm sure that vote is noted appropriately without any calls to the hanging chads...

That said, I again stress my vote for hearing about what the Navy might be thinking about with regards to their battleships.

Reactions:
And another vote for the only vote, Vote II

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A bright new day for the Royal Navy! Maybe about battlecruisers?

Reactions:
A place becomes II dark places under the treads of 3 TANKS!

Nine to Go. Batten the hatch, aim the turret, git'er done Brave Lads!

A small roll for a tank, but a great tread for Tankdom!
A bright new day for the Royal Navy! Maybe about battlecruisers?

That's two more votes for II, I see.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
That's two more votes for II, I see.
You can not see for you are in the dark place until a shell from a tank or maybe a battlecruiser opens a hole bringing light into the darkness.

Thank you, @Cromwell for being enlightened.

Five to go. Lads, git it done so that Lord @El Pip may enlighten us.

(Does complimenting Sir @El Pip gives extra weight to a tanky vote?)

Reactions:
That is a beautiful piece of Pipian vote interpretation!

Another vote for the investigation of two, II, dark places! (If I am eligible to vote again)

It's my civic duty to make sure every votes correctly.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Is this a democracy that aims to reduce the floor so that everyone is the same = Mediocre? Or is this a benevolent dictatorship ruled by the Great Potentate who makes all decisions for the betterment of the readership?

Little Boys love planes, boats and tanks. The bigger, the better. But dark places are scary.

Whatever the Great Potentate decides is obviously the best decision!

Two to go! Lads, Aim and Fire, but please do not overshoot the mark.

Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
With TBC impressively marshalling the votes the result was something of a landslide, despite Wraiths one man (mostly) effort to support the Fleet. Mildly surprisingly Kurtie still ended up on the winning side, he's bad enough normally and now you've all encouraged him. Sigh.

A. Continue down the runway6
II. A detour to dark places13
3. Tanks (contents may vary)8
Delta. In The Navy5

So we shall head off on a dark detour.

Five to go. Lads, git it done so that Lord @El Pip may enlighten us.

(Does complimenting Sir @El Pip gives extra weight to a tanky vote?)
Many have argued it should, but at present we are on Florida/West Virgina/Whichever US State cocked up most recently Rules and so it would not. Future votes may adopt a different methodology if only to curb TBCs influence.
That is a beautiful piece of Pipian vote interpretation!
I have taught him all he knows on this subject.
DYAEiOu.gif

Is this a democracy that aims to reduce the floor so that everyone is the same = Mediocre? Or is this a benevolent dictatorship ruled by the Great Potentate who makes all decisions for the betterment of the readership?
It is a Managed Democracy based on the ancient wisdom that one should never offer a choice unless you are happy for either option to be selected, because if you offer up a choice containing a 'bad' option that is inevitably the one that will be chosen. The choices presented are thus carefully curated to ensure they are all acceptable. The Voter Colonel also agrees with the Stalinist principle that it is not the person who votes that count, but the person who counts the vote, providing a measure of safety against the excesses of mob rule.

In any event, writing will be commencing today. When someone inevitably breaches top of page etiquette feel free to speculate on the nature of the diversion.

Reactions: