• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I recently revisted the forums after a loooong time away and thought I would look around. I cannot believe this AAR is still running!! I was reading it a decade ago. Well done El Pip!

• 4Like
Reactions:
You took the top of the page!

Now we will have to fill another page with spam enlightening and erudite posts!

To be fair, I wasn't able to put up the traditional (statistically effective) bottom of page warning because El Pip hogged it to waffle on about democracy and other such nonsense.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It is nice to have a returning veteran like @Raaritsgozilla. His taking top page with @El Pip having over a week is no offense. But someone who is a regular like Robbie, TBC or myself should be flogged with a wet noodle.

Bring on tanks and ships coming out of the dark.

Does this qualify as useless spam?

Reactions:
I recently revisted the forums after a loooong time away and thought I would look around. I cannot believe this AAR is still running!! I was reading it a decade ago. Well done El Pip!
Lovely to have you back, @Raaritsgozilla, though it's possible that Top of the Page wasn't a thing when you last logged in, so we'll forgive you your trespasses, as we inevitably forgive everyone theirs.
You took the top of the page!

Now we will have to fill another page with spam enlightening and erudite posts!
Tally ho, lads!
To be fair, I wasn't able to put up the traditional (statistically effective) bottom of page warning because El Pip hogged it to waffle on about democracy and other such nonsense.
I mean, that's just common decency. On @El Pip's part, I mean. To save us the ignominy of a misplaced TBC post advising us about the inevitable bottom of the page just as someone like me comes in and suddenly, you've taken top of the page....
It is nice to have a returning veteran like @Raaritsgozilla. His taking top page with @El Pip having over a week is no offense. But someone who is a regular like Robbie, TBC or myself should be flogged with a wet noodle.

Bring on tanks and ships coming out of the dark.

Does this qualify as useless spam?
Absolutely useful, by my estimate... Though I prefer the dark recesses of the Navy... Brought on by the shadow of big gun shells.

I'm rather impressed that Pip managed to misplace the post as I assumed that when he highlighted the bottom of the page, he had something ready. Perhaps that's why he took it, @TheButterflyComposer ? He knew he needed to have more time and so encouraged this minor faux pas in order to get it? It's generally me who will double post for ToP billing for the next story post.

Reactions:
As a conspiracy theorist, I advance the notion that @El Pip contacted @Raaritsgozilla to buy time to improve the post about tanks and ships advancing out of dark fog to bring light to the non-English.

Another piece of useless spam. Fourteen to go.

Roll on Tankers. Sailors roil the waves.

Reactions:
It's strange how media, especially radio and film, have not been covered yet in the AAR. Newspapers went through their huge boom and conversion into the 'modern' style in the 10s and 20s but the mega millionaire newspaper tycoon is still a thing too.

War stories about the Italian war on film and radio would be pretty big about now.

Reactions:
Old vets are like the good wine, but for me, who I am like an atom bomb.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It's strange how media, especially radio and film, have not been covered yet in the AAR. Newspapers went through their huge boom and conversion into the 'modern' style in the 10s and 20s but the mega millionaire newspaper tycoon is still a thing too.

War stories about the Italian war on film and radio would be pretty big about now.
...what is this, @DensleyBlair's Echoes?! Nay, this is BUTTERFLY!!

That is to say, eleven to go.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Ten to Go!

Fuel the ships and tanks, planes too. (Are we still counting tank/ship votes? There are questions about hanging Chad.)

We must prepare to restore civilization in the colonies on the pond's west bank.

Git er dun, lads.

Reactions:
What did poor Chad do to deserve hanging?

Or is that another dark place for us to go?
He hung on and confused some hebrews, per Robin Williams, back in 2000...

Reactions:
What has the world come to? How could the Men of Tanks be outvoted? What about the Tankocracy? What about the ballot stuffing? Oh the shame!!!

Doesn't seem to matter what I do
They always vote number two

No one knows how hard I tried,
oh, my gears, they grind inside
Without Christie to smooth the ride
My hull is buttoned tight
Guess I’ll cruise alone tonight

'Cause I want Tanks,
Just want to read about A10's on the flanks
Is it my destiny to live and die a life of 2 inch plate fragility?

I want Tanks
But when I see treads, they vote again
What will it take for the poor to join the Corps, to fight for more and vote for 3?

I wanna know, I wanna read about metal fairing
Is it a crime?
Are Tanks not hot when when they’re in their gearing?
And will we see ‘Tilda II at last, or am I dreaming?
I'm no dreamer

Can you feel the Tank energy?
Feels so real, my Tank energy

I want Tanks
Just give me some underpowered engines, thanks!
Is it my destiny to live and die without 2 pounder HE rounds?

I want Tanks
What will it take for them all to see, it’s not just me, and vote for 3?

I love Tanks (and they’re enough)
And Tanks are great at doing stuff
So, hey, check them out, yeah, I love Tanks!

I love Tanks (and so do you)
So please don’t vote for number Two
So, hey, Pippie, check them out, yeah, just write about Tanks

Please, I want TANNNKKKSSS!

Last edited:
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Ten to Go!

Fuel the ships and tanks, planes too. (Are we still counting tank/ship votes? There are questions about hanging Chad.)

We must prepare to restore civilization in the colonies on the pond's west bank.

Git er dun, lads.

What has the world come to? how could the Men of Tanks be outvoted? What about the Tankocracy? What about the ballot stuffing? Oh the shame!!!

Doesn't seem to matter what I do
They always vote number two

No one knows how hard I tried,
oh, my gears, they grind inside
Without Christie to smooth the ride
My hull is buttoned tight
Guess I’ll cruise alone tonight

'Cause I want Tanks,
Just want to read about A10's on the flanks
Is it my destiny to live and die a life of 2 inch plate fragility?

I want Tanks
What will it take for the poor to join the Corps, to fight for more and vote for 3?

I wanna know, I wanna read about metal fairing
Is it a crime?
Are Tanks not hot when when they’re in their gearing?
And will we see ‘Tilda II at last, or am I dreaming?
I'm no dreamer

I want Tanks
Just give me some underpowered engines, thanks!
Is it my destiny to live and die without 2 pounder HE rounds?

I want Tanks
What will it take for them all to see, it’s not just me, and vote for 3?

I love Tanks (and they’re enough)
And Tanks are great at doing stuff
So, hey, check them out, yeah, I love Tanks!

I love Tanks (and so do you)
So please don’t vote for number Two
So, hey, Pippie, check them out, yeah, just write about Tanks

Please, I want TANNNKKKSSS!

Ask and you shall receive! The Aussie Tankers are rolling in. Welcome back @Davout!

@El Pip, that poem should be counted as multiple tank votes.

Six more! Lads, Git er dun!

So the vote closed at rhe bottom of the last page and the tank lobby are still insidiously trying to stuff the ballot box with their nonsense whilst all good, sensible, wise and compassionate voters have already won through with Phase II.

This is yet another indication of the failure of democracy and why I...er...Pip...should just declare a state of emergency and stamp down hard on the disloyal and corrupt.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Wait, that's what I got to compete against for my (semi-)beloved Royal Navy?! Ugh.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
As the instigator of the very vaguely defined “dark places” campaign, I would not that II could mean literally anything that loosely meets the dark places label. Tanks, planes, submarines, sodomy in the navy, an analysis on the black body problem and how advances in field feed back into usable military tech… all could probably be squeezed into the category.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
As the instigator of the very vaguely defined “dark places” campaign, I would not that II could mean literally anything that loosely meets the dark places label. Tanks, planes, submarines, sodomy in the navy, an analysis on the black body problem and how advances in field feed back into usable military tech… all could probably be squeezed into the category.

The strategy of being vague and loud worked wonderfully.

• 1Like
Reactions: