• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stalin surrendered? Before he died? That surprises me. I expected more resistance by the USSR there.
Nukes reduce the Bitter Peace requirements. When they're unneeded in their tactical role, why not use them for that?
So, what now? Three years of building a navy?
What do you think all those submarines are good for?

• 1Like
Reactions:
What is the Middle East situation like? Has the Arab Federation prevailed, or has it been eaten by British India?

• 1Like
Reactions:
And it finally happened. In the morning hours of July 9th, a brief signed by Stalin's own hand (or someone imitating his signature) is read on every available radio station in Europe. Among the devastated ruins of the once-great European cities
And here cedes the mighty USSR.

You have really done it.
From the near hopeless situation at the very end of 1944 to now: Europe in ruins, every single spot ravaged by war and Germany victorious.

Congrats!
Really very well played!
And it was a pleasure to watch and learn.

[Although I must admit that some "congrats" in DH, upon 2nd reading, tend to have a creepy touch. I didn't mean it that way...]

• 3Like
Reactions:
That was surprisingly bereft of catharsis. I guess it is to be expected when there is no organized resistance left after the initial victories, but it is still surprising to see that the Balkans put up a harder fight.

Agreed, though the cheeky nuke drop on Boston was a nice consolation prize.

Wald

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I interpreteded it correctly, Albania is still a independent communist power. Only mighty Albania has stopped the Nazi onslaught!
Albania indeed lives on, though they got turned into a puppet of mine. The flame of the revolution has yet to be extinguished!

You took Moscow before I did. Well done.
Thanks. Helps to be a nuclear power when your enemy isn't.

Really enjoying the sequel to the Boston Tea Party.
The Boston Fission Party. The disco ball shone like the sun.

Stalin surrendered? Before he died? That surprises me. I expected more resistance by the USSR there.

Congrats on your great victory.

Also, there must've been so many historical places destroyed when Rome was nuked. Future historians will see this as a shame...
I also would, hence the comment offering the possibility that someone went and impersonated him in the written surrender after a brief coup or something. I don't think anything Roman would have the slightest chance of getting forgotten considering the sheer amount of insufferable Roman roleplay OTL fascists went for.

That was surprisingly bereft of catharsis. I guess it is to be expected when there is no organized resistance left after the initial victories, but it is still surprising to see that the Balkans put up a harder fight.

Yep, it has been slightly unfortunate, but I have no one to blame but myself. The issue is that nuking Moscow moved the capital to Kuybyshev, where a unit skyscraper of failed deployments was steadily building. Too bad the Soviets surrendered before I had the chance to reach and demolish it.
No need to build a navy, the subs will suffice. I will just need to consolidate my hold on the continent and reorganize my forces a tad since my manpower reserves have once more been depleted.

What is the Middle East situation like? Has the Arab Federation prevailed, or has it been eaten by British India?
Arab Federation exists in the name only, being propped up by the English armor and ruling over Suez only. That will likely be rectified in the future though.

And here cedes the mighty USSR.

You have really done it.
From the near hopeless situation at the very end of 1944 to now: Europe in ruins, every single spot ravaged by war and Germany victorious.

Congrats!
Really very well played!
And it was a pleasure to watch and learn.

[Although I must admit that some "congrats" in DH, upon 2nd reading, tend to have a creepy touch. I didn't mean it that way...]
Thank you kindly! It is of course implied that this "victorious" scenario is very much a tragic happening for the rest of the European countries that have a period of tasting the German boot ahead of them. All the baggage that goes with an NSDAP-run society comes knocking too, despite my rather lighthearted coverage of what are in all honesty horrid developments. Even this victorious Germany is probably worse off than the defeated one IOTL, considering that they are left ruling over demographically ruined and irradiated wastes of Europe, with nothing to show for it but an ideological triumph.

Agreed, though the cheeky nuke drop on Boston was a nice consolation prize.

Wald
It is always nice to give the Yanks a taste of their own medicine. At least not only European soil glows in the dark now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
An impressive victory in the East, which sadly means the world has lost.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Allow me to channel a really, really old poster (as in they registered early, not that they were old), Kuzux

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE

• 2Like
Reactions:
Allow me to channel a really, really old poster (as in they registered early, not that they were old), Kuzux

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE
SECONDED!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
SEVENTH REICH

Erm...I mean...

1711644876320.png

Wald

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hey there lads, sorry for the long radio silence. There have been certain developments in real life that prevented me from playing anything regularly, but I should be able to continue this in foreseeable future. There can be no peace while America persists!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Chapter XIX - Consolidation of New Europe

Even though the morale of the Axis troops soars high with the cessation of any organized resistance in Europe, there is still work to be done. No word has been received from America, and newly conquered Soviet territories are little more than lawless wasteland at the moment, being administered by provisional military governments. In Greece, the stubborn Allied-affiliated government refuses to yield, merely prolonging the inevitable. News of victory in the battle of Metsovo are received shortly after its onset.

metsovo w.png

With Hitler and his wife enjoying their honeymoon in southern France, Hermann Göring enjoyed even more of a free hand than usual. So much so, that a previously unthinkable ambition of subduing the mighty United States started materializing in his morphine-addled mind. To that end, he ordered the retraining of a number of disbanded mountaineer and garrison formations into an experimental army for rapid deployment using the newly developed helicopters of Focke-Achgelis.

time to get serious.png

Even in the East, the cacophony of firearms has yet to cease, as the Axis columns reach the outskirts of Teheran, defended mostly by various Allied colonial troops. Poorly led and equipped, with faltering morale, there is little they can do against the veterans of the Ostfront.

tehran.png

The Greek defence falters much quicker than the first time, the path to their capital lying open in mere days.

athens open.png

Finally, the Americans reached out through secret channels to our government, asking for the cessation of hostilities. All unofficially, of course. In an impromptu meeting of the Führer's cabinet, it was mentioned in passing. General consensus was, naturally, that the Americans will not be let off the hook that easily unless some concrete concessions were on the table, which was not the case. Considering the fact that they had absolutely no way to project power beyond their coast, it would have been foolish to give even the insignificant German conquests away for a meaningless peace treaty likely to be broken as soon as the hated enemy had strength to pose a threat once more. The Americans weren't dignified with an answer.

this can only end one way.png

Work on armor destruction doctrine finishes and air doctrine research is promptly resumed.

armor destruction doctrine done.png

The Greeks prove unable to stop the English assault on their capital, spelling the end of their resurgent statehood. Annexation followed soon.

athens w.png

greece taken.png

Immediately, however, they are released under a new government, with the island of Cyprus allowed autonomy. Albanian dignitaries also presented a compelling case, somehow managing to persuade the Germans to almost double the size of their country.

new boys.png

The new Soviet government also doesn't seem to hold much of a grudge over all that war business, maintaining with us relations more amicable than many neutral countries.

relations kek.png

Italian mountaineers slowly find their way to the eastern Persian frontier, encountering only token resistance along the way. The remaining Allies in the region seem intent on retreating to India to avoid complete destruction.

mashhad.png

Celebrations erupt in Barcelona as the news reaches them how their football club will not have any issues winning the Spanish league title that year, as their main rivals perish in a nuclear inferno.

ask if i care.png

As the Middle Eastern frontiers seem all but abandoned, the Axis troops rapidly advance to relieve the Suez garrison from the other side.

back from the other side.png

With the completion of research into better RADAR AIDS systems, Karl Dönitz is tasked with bringing the naval doctrine of the Kriegsmarine up to date.

radar aids system done.png

The Allied attempt to retreat from Iran in an orderly fashion fails miserably, as the majority of their forces in the region faces imminent destruction faced with the superior German mobility.

iran encirclement.png

With the capitulation of the Soviet Union and rapid disarmament of their war economy, a sudden drop in the price of vodka and recreational drugs came to pass. At least that's how the German officials attempted to explain the arrival of a bizarre diplomatic request from the dilapidated red country. Göring, of course, was interested in obtaining whatever the Soviet ambassador was smoking to make him think that this was a plausible idea.

soviets smoking crack.png

The military government of the Caucasus puppet resumed command of Iran as well, amidst the chaos unfolding in the region.

iran popped.png

The Allies are evidently unable to organize any sort of resistance in the Levant. The only question is, how many divisions will be surviving this debacle to fight another day?

middle east wins.png

German panzers reach the beleaguered Suez garrison once more, with additional reinforcements having already been shipped in via the sea.

back on the suez in force.png

Even if hilarious, the recent Soviet diplomatic ventures reminded the OKW that the newly established eastern frontier of the Reich was far from secure For that reason, a constant military presence is maintained facing the USSR. In the unlikely case that they decide to go for round two, the delaying action by these troops will surely be enough to buy time until the arrival of ample reinforcements.

new frontier of the reich.png

An attack is finally launched from Suez to try and broaden the perimeter around the Arab fortress.

attack on port said.png

Indeed, the resistance by the Free French-commanded Allied forces proved vastly insufficient to stem the tide of German armor breaking through Port Said and Cairo.

back i nthe hood.png

Not having been dissuaded by the failure of the Royal and US navies to fight the Kriegsmarine, a coalition of Central American countries attempted to check the German naval supremacy, with predictable results.

brave latinos.png

Despite the recent successes in the Middle East, the attention of the OKW slowly shifts towards the Atlantic once more. Even if the Reich itself is mostly secure, protected by its numerous pilots and modern aircraft, other Axis countries are constantly bombarded with nuclear payloads. This is mostly facilitated by the existence of an American base on Iceland. On the other hand, Germany is unable to efficiently deliver its own nuclear payloads to more important targets in the US, its nuclear-capable aircraft limited to a range of about 4 thousand kilometers. Capturing Iceland would remedy both of said issues, as well as offer a springboard for a hypothetical future invasion of the American continent.

main nuking threat.png

Triumph after triumph notwithstanding, united Europe under German rule has one more hurdle standing in the way of the Endsieg, the final victory. Despite the utter defeat American forces suffered in Europe and on the seas, they still command a numerous and modern army, as well as complete and utter devotion of their populace back home. Even with the entirety of European industrial might under our rule, the American industrial output still dwarfs ours. In a similar vein, they are capable of producing nuclear weaponry at a steady pace, making any massed land invasions a risky endeavor. Still, it is up to the fatigued Third Reich to take down the nuclear American behemoth once and for all, to ensure the New World Order will never be threatened from either side again.

undisputed rulers of europe.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Immediately, however, they are released under a new government, with the island of Cyprus allowed autonomy. Albanian dignitaries also presented a compelling case, somehow managing to persuade the Germans to almost double the size of their country.

new boys.png
Finally, the Americans reached out through secret channels to our government, asking for the cessation of hostilities. All unofficially, of course. In an impromptu meeting of the Führer's cabinet, it was mentioned in passing. General consensus was, naturally, that the Americans will not be let off the hook that easily unless some concrete concessions were on the table, which was not the case. Considering the fact that they had absolutely no way to project power beyond their coast, it would have been foolish to give even the insignificant German conquests away for a meaningless peace treaty likely to be broken as soon as the hated enemy had strength to pose a threat once more. The Americans weren't dignified with an answer.

this can only end one way.png
Ballsy move, I will not lie. Many would've simply taken the peace, demobilized, built up their economy, expanded their army and nuclear capabilities to go back in on the USSR

• 2Like
Reactions:
I agree with @J_Master , a peqce in the west would be logical. :) But then the Balkanization of America will come soon, I guess! :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Great to see this back and I eagerly await your transatlantic adventures.

• 2Like
Reactions: