• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
but I should be able to continue this in foreseeable future
Excellent!

time to get serious.png

Whow, I've never reached this late state of DH and noticed Air Cavalry. As expensive as Panzer but they definetly do look fun and worth it... and fast. And only 5 manpower per division?

Finally, the Americans
War. Obviously. How do they dare to exist?

And what would be the right of existence for the III. Reich itself without war?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Whow, I've never reached this late state of DH and noticed Air Cavalry. As expensive as Panzer but they definetly do look fun and worth it... and fast. And only 5 manpower per division?
The most fun stat in any HoI is speed. Being able to overrun enemy divisions with your motorized divisions with attached armoured cars is just the best experience these games have to offer. Helicopters are the reward for those willing to sit out the ride from 1933 onwards

Reactions:
It's back!

Congrats on defeating Greece. Why did you expand Albania so much?

• 2Like
Reactions:

Ballsy move, I will not lie. Many would've simply taken the peace, demobilized, built up their economy, expanded their army and nuclear capabilities to go back in on the USSR
It is, but I somehow felt that giving myself a whole new mobilization and freedom to strike whenever while the AI stagnates wouldn't be in the spirit of this challenge. If I'm to do buildups, I'd prefer to start in 36 or 33 and go from there (open to suggestions if there's interest, I've started craving DH again).

I agree with @J_Master , a peqce in the west would be logical. :) But then the Balkanization of America will come soon, I guess! :D
America still is a foe that will need some preparation, to be fair.

Great to see this back and I eagerly await your transatlantic adventures.
Thank you kindly!

Excellent!

War. Obviously. How do they dare to exist?

And what would be the right of existence for the III. Reich itself without war?
Air cav is by far the best unit in the game, not particularly expensive yet both stronger and faster than anything else. The Third Reich will have to find a new raison d'etre soon enough, as we're running out of enemies to bully.

It's back!

Congrats on defeating Greece. Why did you expand Albania so much?
By accident, it happened because the Albanians advanced on their own from the border while I was mostly funneling my forces through Macedonia. They got to keep what they captured and don't seem to be giving it back after release so I found it too funny not to include.

It was merely hibernating.

Thanks for the update.
Thank you for reading it!

Reactions:
Awesome to see you back, @Rolexovsky! And what an update!

Maybe I don't remember everything from the previous updates. You mention "regular" delivery of nuclear payloads from America. Did this just start, or has this been happening for a while?

Iceland would be a logical step. That's a number of divisions the USA has there, but surely you can counter it.

Oh, and air cavalry! Nice!

Rensslaer

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad to see you back! I rarely make it to the Cold War era years in DH, so it's interesting to see things like Air Cav, or the German-American Cold War event (which I'd forgotten was in the game!). A transatlantic invasion of America should be a little more challenging than the Soviet front was given the logistical difficulties involved, but given your demonstrated ability to beat the ai I'm not betting against you.

What's the US's IC total?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Glad you're back in action, the latest entry was a pleasure to read as were the previous entries. I look forward to what I suspect and maybe hope is a slow, suspenseful, tightening of the noose around the fat, arrogant neck of America!

Wald

• 2Like
Reactions:
Awesome to see you back, @Rolexovsky! And what an update!

Maybe I don't remember everything from the previous updates. You mention "regular" delivery of nuclear payloads from America. Did this just start, or has this been happening for a while?

Iceland would be a logical step. That's a number of divisions the USA has there, but surely you can counter it.

Oh, and air cavalry! Nice!

Rensslaer
My words might have been a little misleading, since the nukes don't actually fall on Germany due to an extreme investment in air defense, but my puppets have been suffering quite a lot, with loads of nukes having been dropped on them. Italy is basically a radioactive wasteland. The first nuke has fallen sometime in 1946 IIRC, and they have been dropping regularly since.

Glad to see you back! I rarely make it to the Cold War era years in DH, so it's interesting to see things like Air Cav, or the German-American Cold War event (which I'd forgotten was in the game!). A transatlantic invasion of America should be a little more challenging than the Soviet front was given the logistical difficulties involved, but given your demonstrated ability to beat the ai I'm not betting against you.

What's the US's IC total?
USA has a little south of 900 effective IC, 2.5 times of what Germany does.

Glad you're back in action, the latest entry was a pleasure to read as were the previous entries. I look forward to what I suspect and maybe hope is a slow, suspenseful, tightening of the noose around the fat, arrogant neck of America!

Wald
Glad you liked it!

Update coming

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter XX - Beyond Europe!

The Euroaxis foothold in Europe looking the safest it had ever been, the full attention of the OKW could be turned to the broadening of the Reich's interests on other continents, something that hasn't been a possibility at least since 1941, and arguably never to this extent. Be it as it may, the German panzer columns had come knocking to the gates of India, where even Alexander the Great was forced to turn his ambitious gaze back where he came from. Alexander was a fool.

big battle for india.png

Despite heavy casualties, the battle is concluded in a devastating victory, marking the end of the stiff resistance of the British crown jewel of India. The frontline is promptly left to the Italian infantry, freeing the German armor up for some more ambitious plans in the future.

victorious but bloody.png

Air doctrines are continuously being upgraded, and Hugo Sperrle keeps toiling even on somewhat useless techs like naval bomber roles. At least our allies in Social Italy might be able to use the blueprints to bolster their already fearsome naval bombing wing.

new research.png

In complete contrast to India, any resistance in Egypt was sporadic and disorganized, allowing for a rapid advance by the Axis coalition forces. The Arab Federation started resembling a functional country once more, the majority of their territory liberated from the hated French.

conquest of egypt.png

Never ceasing to look for encirclement opportunities, Feldmarschall Hoth helps maintain the balance of power overwhelmingly on the German side. Even more doctrine techs are also developed, German scholars having almost limitless access to successful battle reports to study from.

research and constant encirclements.png

Attention is now turned to try and improve the performance of our already admirable yet aging submarines a little further, as well as to bring the equipment of the venerable Fallschirmjäger up to date.

modern firepower done.png

The Axis-affiliated communist power of Albania, despite the previous land grab, decides to foster friendly relations with Greece by returning their national territory in Epirus to them. However, they compensate themselves by (somehow, I have not noticed this happening and had no role in it) annexing the entirety of former Yugoslav Macedonia.

generous albania.png

In a cheeky attempt that sends the chills down the collective spine of the Luftwaffe command, the Americans decide to try and deliver a nuclear payload to Germany once more, albeit unsuccessfully. The Italian pilots dealt with the radioactive threat before the German pilots needed even to take off.

almost.png

A former Italian fortress of Tobruk is captured by the British for the second time, with an encirclement of a French-commanded Canadian division. In contrast to the last time it happened, these are received as good news.

tobruk captured.png

Soon after, a vital airfield in Benghazi is also captured, resulting in the destruction of the controversial strategic bomber wing. While there is no way of knowing this, as the Americans scuttled their planes entirely, there is always a faint hope that the nuclear payload was forced to be destroyed as well.

found the stratbomber.png

Hugo Sperrle, ever the student of useless knowledge, sticks to his task of furthering German knowledge in the naval bombing department.

nav doctrines.png

Iran is put on the map once more in its full glory, having been unlawfully circumcised by the joint Allied-Soviet invasion of 1942.

iran.png

Despite having been thought defeated, the Indian forces managed to rally back to the defense of Gwadar and defeat the complacent Italian infantry, with heavy casualties on both sides. Since the German panzers already were dispatched back to Europe, the frontline is rendered static for the time being. The province of Zahedan is a perfect defensive position if the reality of war necessitates it.

italians lose in gwadar.png

After a long while, an American carrier is sunk off the coast of Florida. The worrisome development is that the Yanks apparently have so many carriers that they no longer bother naming them, or have run out of notable Americans to honor.

finally american cvs.png

On a positive note, the first experimental air cavalry units are deployed. Able to advance with frightening speed and strike where they are least expected makes them a quintessential unit of the modern blitzkrieg.

first aircav hits the field.png

As expected, after months without adequate supply, the American garrison in Reykjavik disintegrates on contact, consisting of five divisions in name only.

invasion of iceland.png

With the arrival of English armor to the Atlantic coast of Africa, they are greeted with a huge concentration of American forces. After the initial shock, they are bolstered by the reports of the American supply state on Iceland, and Filed Marshall Messervy makes an executive call to attack frontally. Not much resistance is expected if the American divisions exist only nominally and are in fact platoon sized.

oh shit.png

"If" proved to be a crucial distinction. The American forces in Africa in turn seem to want for nothing, their fortress of Rabat kept in excellent supply by their Free French allies. The only thing missing seems to be a desire to fight, as they don't even attempt to counterattack.

an attempt was made.png

Yet another modern model of interceptor plane developed, the attention is turned to our equally numerous and important fighter planes.

new int model done.png

Not ones to easily give up, the English armored force attempts to cut the Rabat holdout off from their supply lifeline, bolstered by their apparent inaction.

no reaction.png

More's the pity, as Casablanca also has a garrison consisting of four modern armor divisions. Again, Messervy decides against waiting for slow reinforcements and simply decides to drive around it after a brief rest to recover the organization of his troops.

wait for reinforcements.png

The cause of the American inaction seems to reveal itself as a part of the sinister plan to lull the German command into a false sense of security, so a decapitating nuclear blow could be delivered to Berlin or some other vital city of the Reich. However, the English interceptors stand vigilant.

mf doesn't give up.png

Undeterred by the African adventures of the English expeditionary force or the nuking attempts, Field Marshall Hausser dispatches a marine division with a mere 88 soldiers guarding Greenland.

lone marine killed.png

With submarine tactics having been brought up to date, a new model of armored car is put into development.

sub tactics up to date.png

Realizing the bait had failed, and that the supply lifeline of the Moroccan holdout had been cut, the American leadership decides to damn all caution and go on an all-out attack against the nonexistent English reserve, putting them in peril of encirclement and destruction. Even without a supply trickle, the Americans enjoy enough of a numerical and technical superiority in the area to pose a real threat to the overconfident English armor, supported at the moment only by three Greek divisions spread over a quarter of the Sahara desert.

that got them moving.png

Never one to back down from a challenge, Messervy doubles down on the attack and decides to try and exploit the American counterattack to capture the now hopefully weakly defended supply stockpile. However, it seems that the stockpile is already empty, as general Patton is forced to command undersupplied headquarter units in a delaying action despite the nominally strong American presence in the area.

patton out of supply.png

He is promptly defeated, but has bought plenty of time for the American forces to advance along the coast of Algeria.

win.png

The new armored car model is quickly completed, and new computing machines are looked into to facilitate faster running of the "Dunkelste Stunde" war simulation quite popular with the OKW.

modern ACs done.png

With the capture of Greenland and Iceland, the OKW's ever-so-ambitious eye is turned towards the insane prospect of invading the American continent itself. While insanity is way too light a term to describe the plan standing currently on the table before the Führer, somehow, the mood in the room is that of careful optimism. While the Americans command a huge army, navy and airforce, as well as a mind-boggling productive capacity, a good part of their power is trapped all over the world due to their merchant marine being a mere fraction of the size it needs to be to supply the logistical behemoth that are the 80 armored divisions under their command. Additionally, their important cities are now in range of German nuclear weaponry, allowing for a shock-and-awe initial attack to cut off the head of the beast in one fell swoop. That, combined with the steep casualty rates that the Americans have been sustaining for the past years, may just be enough to tip the scales in favor of an armistice on favorable terms to Germany, if not outright capitulation. Despite the inherent difficulty of the daunting task put before the armed forces of the Reich, one thing has become increasingly clear to everyone involved: even if the chances of total victory on the American continent are minimal, the chances of losing the war are practically zero. America had lost this war the moment they were forced out of Europe, they just need one last trashing to accept this inevitable fact of life.

david against goliath.png

Albania's shenanigans are great.

The invasion of America should be fun. Will the USA nuke their own cities to deny them to the Germans? How extreme is the current government there?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Albania's shenanigans are great.

The invasion of America should be fun. Will the USA nuke their own cities to deny them to the Germans? How extreme is the current government there?
Albania cannot be contained. We just hope their wrath is directed elsewhere.

Regarding the US nuking itself, I've seen it happen only twice in my life and both times on huge stacks of mine on Endsieg. I don't know what the requirements for them doing this are, but it is the only way for them to defeat my invasion in my opinion. Since I haven't reloaded for anything other than crashes since making sure that the Brits will cut the Soviets off in the very beginning of the run, I will simply roll with whatever happens, even if they do end up nuking my whole invading army lol

Reactions:
For two AI nations in the same alliance, if nation A holds territory that they merely have claims on, and nation B has cores on, then sometimes B will get the provinces of in intra-AI deals.

The Axis-affiliated communist power of Albania, despite the previous land grab, decides to foster friendly relations with Greece by returning their national territory in Epirus to them. However, they compensate themselves by (somehow, I have not noticed this happening and had no role in it) annexing the entirety of former Yugoslav Macedonia.

generous albania.png
Albania has undoubtedly become the main character of this AAR

Reactions: