• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done TBC-a great win and as @coz1 states, well overdue for this magisterial work-good job. When will the Professor be back to tease us with his teachings?

@TheButterflyComposer His Empire of Albion is a truly enjoyable one.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that it actually feels authentic.

Wait...what? I haven't done anything in the last month! I am genuinely rather shocked and weirdly pleased over this.
I think that's the full set of General awAARds now, which is not something I expected of Albion. I definitely didn't expect a character award for a meta narrator. This is rather cool.

I'm glad you like the two-bit historians and think I'm authentically writing second rate historical literature on purpose. That was totally the plan the whole time;)

An excellent choice, @TheCreator901. I am surprised that Butterfly has not won this one already. It is deserved for not just The Empire of Albion but also The Little Dux. We have been missing some great writing lately but it is deserved to be sure after the work from this last year. Well done and congratulations!

Little Dux update is in the works and has been for a while...unlike Albion I really want to get great quality with those chapters each time. It probably comes off as overwritten more than anything.
I confess I thought I had won this and not the character award when I was originally writing my signature. I was quite bemused when it turned out to be the other way around.
That being said, it's been a year and this project looks longer than ever (as in even though Dux takes a while to write, what with the gameplay portion already done I will probably finish it way before Albion). So long as there's an audience though it shall continue. Even if not, I think I'll play the game through to 1945 at least to see what becomes of the mighty Pendragons and see how far the universe can throw them through the ringer whilst simultaneously gifting them unending moments of awesome deeds (seriously if we ever get to George I, he has had a worse life than Mordred).

Most decidedly earned! Congratulations, @TheButterflyComposer !

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer! :D A well-deserved honor indeed!

Thank you all very much. I'm sorry I'm not on the award threads very often but I do tend to read at least some of every winner.

Well done TBC-a great win and as @coz1 states, well overdue for this magisterial work-good job. When will the Professor be back to tease us with his teachings?

Hmm...before Christmas there should be one new chapter of each up but with two dissertations and the decision of British universities to place deadlines for postgrad applications and dissertation drafts in January, I expect both I and the professor to be rather busy.
Plus, well...as you may or may not be aware, he has recently lost the near to his heart, the late great Lord Hassan. Whilst life goes on, the family is still of course rather melancholy and sad, and once Monmouth works through that and Christmas deadlines...well...then he'll start spending his share of that massive inheritance Owain bequeathed him. I expect we won't see hide nor hair of him and Robert until Easter!

[Now there's an idea...]

Wait...which one of us was which again? Why does my head hurt?
Huh...anyway, updates soon! Maybe! Another time! In the future!

[Thanks for the award everyone. Now get off my lawn and buy my book!o_O]

Congratulations indeed TBC, a well deserved award for your brave attempts at two different styles.

That said I'm a tad surprised you are eligible for this at present. Being somewhat old school I had always thought the writer of the week should have produce an update sort of close to the week of the award, not a couple of months previously as in your case. Clearly standards are falling, but then they have been since at least 20BC. ;)

Congratulations indeed TBC, a well deserved award for your brave attempts at two different styles.

That said I'm a tad surprised you are eligible for this at present. Being somewhat old school I had always thought the writer of the week should have produce an update sort of close to the week of the award, not a couple of months previously as in your case. Clearly standards are falling, but then they have been since at least 20BC. ;)

Yup. Can't argue with that, hence my earlier surprise.

Being somewhat old school I had always thought the writer of the week should have produce an update sort of close to the week of the award, not a couple of months previously as in your case. Clearly standards are falling, but then they have been since at least 20BC. ;)
While agreement is surely there, it is not a hard and fast rule. In Butterfly's case, I would look to the records and say that it is overdue.* Ideally it would be for recent work done "within the week" but it is also to highlight someone to get a spotlight "for the week." It may work both ways.

* (If you look at the early ones, many of them were to showcase certain writAARs that were more than deserving before we had the award. I think that's still fair game. :D )

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer.

I’m not sure how I hadn’t been tracking this thread until now - was having a browse through the general threads and saw it here. Anyway, I tune in and lo and behold my good friend TBC has been awarded it! :D

Being familiar with both your current AARs and your prolific commenting on many other AARs (including mine), I will echo those who note it is well deserved. :)

Well, I suppose it's only right to move this away from CKII again since I-

Hey wait a minute, @Eurasia hasn't won one of these yet?

Well, The Road of Queens (CKII India AAR) has begun to win many deserved accolades for good character, story and gameplay writing. It's also thirty pages longer than The Red Crown which I nominated for Character Writer of the Week...so if you've finished that one, this gets updated quite a lot and is a very good read.
So congrats to Eurasia for winning for Road of Queens, and check out their two other AARs as well (those are complete!)

Very many congratulations. Well-deserved.

Well, I suppose it's only right to move this away from CKII again since I-

Hey wait a minute, @Eurasia hasn't won one of these yet?

Well, The Road of Queens (CKII India AAR) has begun to win many deserved accolades for good character, story and gameplay writing. It's also thirty pages longer than The Red Crown which I nominated for Character Writer of the Week...so if you've finished that one, this gets updated quite a lot and is a very good read.
So congrats to Eurasia for winning for Road of Queens, and check out their two other AARs as well (those are complete!)
Good nomination TBC! Congratulations @Eurasia, very well deserved :).

Thank you @TheButterflyComposer and congratulations. I assume they nominated you to nudge you to keep writing. :p

Thank you again! This AAR is doing so well. I guess in the end a good AAR is a good story. And a good story needs a good setting, a good plot, and a ton of good characters. For me CK II (like Dwarf Fortress) gives it all to me on a golden platter - I just have to decide how to present it! :)