• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must confess, I didn't get to read as many AARs as I had planned - the engine blew up on my motorcycle, so most of my reading time got spent looking at boring things like car specs, insurance quotes and other boring tasks, while the rest mostly got spent working on my own AAR...

But I did get to read some, and I would like to nominate @TheButterflyComposer for his hilarious and just plain crazy Imperial Cheese: The Improbably Incredible Rise of the Italian Empire HOI4 AAR.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well done, TBC! Nice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well this is unfortunate, you've encouraged him. That never ends well.

But too late to do anything about it now, so congratulations @TheButterflyComposer . It cannot have been easy making HOI4 even less coherent that it is normally, yet you have achieved it with aplomb.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
[Sincere apologies for the late congratulation]
For the next WritAAR of the week, I'd like to applaud @CBR JGWRR for their excellent Yabuntu Iriphubliki A Zulu AAR.
- Eh, I've just arrived... let me catch my breath, if you don't mind?
- Oh, good, here have a cup of tea. Would you like biscuits, too? Catching his breath, for fcks sake...
- Wha... gasp... What are you mumbling about? I've been running, car broke down, zepplin fell, horse is about to die, and -
- Just shut up. You're late. A week at the least. There have been already two winners.
- Cool... huff... OK I'm good. Hit me. Who won that I missed, mister Honourable Sir always punctual?
- First, @CBR JGWRR.
- Err... Gesundheit?
- Ah that's just splendid. You are late, and did not bring any materials with you? Wonderful.
- Look I could do another acrostic if that would be acceptable. I cannot proper appropriate ThereIn (Dark Tranquillity, Projector, 1999) with that name?
- Idiot, your name is filcat. That is the actual most moronic handle one can ever have, and yet you did yourself write it down out of frustration back in the day. Do not take on others. At least this one gives a mystery to it. And no, already done an acrostic on another page.
- OK, bloody hell. A bit frenzy today, aren't you? How is the writing, did you have a look?
- More than enough. Read it already - Yabuntu Iriphubliki - A Zulu AAR - Stellaris work, recent start, go check now. Very good work on details. Very good choice for the week. Deserves kudos.
- Superb. What would I do without you? OK, then how about free-style poem but with the letters embedded and -
- NO! Not again!
-
Gee, cool down, no poems, I get it. Hey! If out of words, then it means perfect intro to congratulate!
- Hmpf.
-
Come on, admit it, you like it! Excellent arpeggio, 45 seconds, let's congratulate with it!
- Yeah, OK.
- All riiight, we're in business!

Edit: Corrected typographical mistake. Corrected (an embarrassingly idiotic) mistake on the band name.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
- So, who is next?
- You barely caught it up on time. Barely. @TheButterflyComposer.
- Ooh, I know what this will be.
- Look, do not -
- No worries, I got this, just relax.

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though I am late for everything and everyone
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Butterfly, Butterfly
WritAAR of the week, Butterfly!
@TheButterflyComposer
Congrat's, (with) applause!

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
You do know what it's like, you do know what to do
There are the AARs by TheButterflyComposer
So let's read them 'n enjoy!

Butterfly, Butterfly
TheButterflyComposer
[*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Breaking the Law of the album British Steel (1980) by Judas Priest; the author accepts any and all repercussion for this gross violation of the song in advance, as it is worth it.
Edit: Deleted redundant line.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I can not recall if I have offered my congratulations, and since I'm on mobile, I'm just going to follow the Zombieland rule of the double tap:

Congratulations, @TheButterflyComposer !!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I must confess, I didn't get to read as many AARs as I had planned - the engine blew up on my motorcycle, so most of my reading time got spent looking at boring things like car specs, insurance quotes and other boring tasks, while the rest mostly got spent working on my own AAR...

But I did get to read some, and I would like to nominate @TheButterflyComposer for his hilarious and just plain crazy Imperial Cheese: The Improbably Incredible Rise of the Italian Empire HOI4 AAR.
Congrats TBC!
Well chosen! Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer !
Well done, TBC! Nice.
Many congratulations @TheButterflyComposer !
Congratulations my friend, Kelebek Kompositor (aka @TheButterflyComposer ) :D
Congrats @TheButterflyComposer ! I got into your AAR late, but it's been a lot of fun!
Nice one and congrats @TheButterflyComposer, your legendary cheese is overpowering to me, and I’m a cheese enthusiast
Well deserved. Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer!
Congratulations !
Well this is unfortunate, you've encouraged him. That never ends well.

But too late to do anything about it now, so congratulations @TheButterflyComposer . It cannot have been easy making HOI4 even less coherent that it is normally, yet you have achieved it with aplomb.
- So, who is next?
- You barely caught it up on time. Barely. @TheButterflyComposer.
- Ooh, I know what this will be.
- Look, do not -
- No worries, I got this, just relax.

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though I am late for everything and everyone
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Butterfly, Butterfly
@TheButterflyComposer

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
You do know what it's like, you do know what to do
There are the AARs by TheButterflyComposer
So let's read them 'n enjoy!

Butterfly, Butterfly
TheButterflyComposer
[*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Breaking the Law of the album British Steel (1980) by Judas Priest; the author accepts any and all repercussion for this gross violation of the song in advance, as it is worth it.
Edit: Deleted redundant line.
Thank you all!
I can not recall if I have offered my congratulations, and since I'm on mobile, I'm just going to follow the Zombieland rule of the double tap:

Congratulations, @TheButterflyComposer !!
You did not, so well done!

Unfortunately, most of the writers I'm currently reading have been given the award this year (presumably because at this point in the year, everyone who's updating regularly has been recognised, which explains why even Imperial Cheese [for some reason] is worthy of attention and praise).

Fortunately, one author is updating their AAR, and hasn't been awarded this one in nearly (by less than a week) a year. And it's really good, meshing the game, and socio-economic and theological history together. All this being said, I hand over the award to the much more deserving @slothinator , for their much more deserving AAR:

Annuntio Vobis: A Papal History of Italy

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: