• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a titan! An impressive reign to go out on.

Congratulations on finishing this! What next? Take it into EU4 maybe? Norgesveldet 2.0 II?

He saw the century in, and the honour and pride of the realm restored. Norway was in danger of being the sickman of Europe - but now the future looks bright with a brisk northerly breeze.
Indeed it looks bright! :D I found this ruler to be the best ending point for the story; on the top of the world, an amazing ruler AND he died on January 1400 AD. :D The son would be interesting too perhaps, he's...not optimal. A fornicator with bad traits all over. ;) But I decided to end it there where I did. :)
Well, that was quite a ride :)
Glad Jon managed to make all better and make Norway as strong as ever!
Good AAR!
Thanks so much hjarg! What a ruler Jon was! :D
What a titan! An impressive reign to go out on.
Thanks Cora! :D I loved how it all turned out! :)
Congratulations on finishing this! What next? Take it into EU4 maybe? Norgesveldet 2.0 II?
Thanks! Next is not decided yet. It will not be EU4 though. While I got into PDS games with EU1 and later EU2, EU4 is a horrible mess in my mind, easily the worst of the EU games. And I'm not sure there is a converter yet?
A fitting and very swift end to the first CK3 AAR.

Is this also the first CK3 AAR to conclude?

Well done, old chap! :D
Thanks! :D I'm pretty fast writAAR, but thankfully people seem to keep up. :) It is, I believe, the first CK3 AAR to end this far into the game, but there has been several AARs that has ended due to game overs (and I think due the story being finished where the authAAR wanted it to be, but not sure about the latter). :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It's the first to end on purpose, I think.

The true achievement of the last ruler is...Well, basically solving every problem in the aar. Destroying the byzantine empire. Reinforcing the faith. Super strengthening the emperor's grasp on power. Expanding the empire to former glory.

The future is bright. Well done, old chap.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's the first to end on purpose, I think.

The true achievement of the last ruler is...Well, basically solving every problem in the aar. Destroying the byzantine empire. Reinforcing the faith. Super strengthening the emperor's grasp on power. Expanding the empire to former glory.

The future is bright. Well done, old chap.
Yeah, I think you might be right. :)

And you are right! :eek: I didn't even think that far. All is fixed. All will be well. :D

Thanks! :D

And you are right! :eek: I didn't even think that far. All is fixed. All will be well. :D

Well...I guess it depends on if Scandinavia wants to 'win' the religious wars in europe next. If so, they need to resurrect brittania and at least ensure the byzantine successor states are all of the true faith. The other big thing in the renaissance of course is the New World, which brittania and Scandinavia are well placed to exploit first, they just have to hold onto it long enough to count.

Well...I guess it depends on if Scandinavia wants to 'win' the religious wars in europe next. If so, they need to resurrect brittania and at least ensure the byzantine successor states are all of the true faith. The other big thing in the renaissance of course is the New World, which brittania and Scandinavia are well placed to exploit first, they just have to hold onto it long enough to count.
England and Alba (new name for Britannia after culture shift) are both Waldensian actually. Byzantium will need help though, that is true. :) If this had gone to EU4, I believe the four colonizing powers would be Scandinavia, England, Alba and Muslim Hispania-France. The latter is a beast!

England and Alba (new name for Britannia after culture shift) are both Waldensian actually. Byzantium will need help though, that is true. :) If this had gone to EU4, I believe the four colonizing powers would be Scandinavia, England, Alba and Muslim Hispania-France. The latter is a beast!

I know alba is, thats why you should support them!

Does it convert to euiv???

I know alba is, thats why you should support them!

Does it convert to euiv???
I am always ready to support the One True Faith. :D

No idea if it does, in that case I guess it'd be through mods?

I am always ready to support the One True Faith. :D

No idea if it does, in that case I guess it'd be through mods?

It'd be a shame if it wasn't.

Have you decided what you’re going to do next, @Nikolai?
Not yet. Just playing a Leon game for fun now, need some rest. Just yesterday my successful Crusader king died and his son, who somehow is orthodox, took the reins and soon got a serious case of rebellion. ;) Can't understand why he is orthodox, but I do consider it a bug of sorts I didn't get notified so I could deal with it earlier. Anyways, I will post here when I start another story. :) I bet I will use a similar style fwiw.
It'd be a shame if it wasn't.
Pretty sure it's not a feature right now fwiw.

Have you decided what you’re going to do next, @Nikolai?
I do consider doing a somewhat different AAR next time, where I run one or several observe games and describe the situation at certain points, say every 50 years. What do you think about that?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do consider doing a somewhat different AAR next time, where I run one or several observe games and describe the situation at certain points, say every 50 years. What do you think about that?

Sounds almost Rip Van Winkle-esque.

Perhaps it is the tale of St. Griselda, a pious virgin who was martyred (or nearly so) but was blessed (cursed?) to rise again for 3 days every 50 years.
The rest of the time her body slumbers in a reliquary where the faithful may ponder her incorrupt mortal frame, a symbol of her sanctity.

The readers encounter these scattered journal entries from her that are all five decades apart, trying to piece together how the world keeps changing.

Could be cool, but I think you would benefit from some kind of a focus-point. For instance something like: "this is the story of" this: "faith", "county"/"duchy"/"kingdom", "family", "culture" or something else...

Sounds almost Rip Van Winkle-esque.

Perhaps it is the tale of St. Griselda, a pious virgin who was martyred (or nearly so) but was blessed (cursed?) to rise again for 3 days every 50 years.
The rest of the time her body slumbers in a reliquary where the faithful may ponder her incorrupt mortal frame, a symbol of her sanctity.

The readers encounter these scattered journal entries from her that are all five decades apart, trying to piece together how the world keeps changing.
Could be cool, but I think you would benefit from some kind of a focus-point. For instance something like: "this is the story of" this: "faith", "county"/"duchy"/"kingdom", "family", "culture" or something else...
Well, I DO have my already established Stellaris characters The Watcher and The Creature... Hmmmm....

• 1Like
Reactions:
Never really got into Stellaris so...might be interesting.

“The Watcher” could definitely make for a good semi-biblical character (c.f. Book of Daniel, etc.).

As for “the Creature,” Leviathan and Behemoth come to mind, also biblical (c.f. Book of Job).
I see you don't know the concept I've developed. :) Which is fair. While your idea is sound, I decided to stay true to my usual concept of The Watcher and The Creature, shown in the following AARs:
Under a Watchful Eye: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/under-a-watchful-eye-an-apocalypse-un-aar.1071193/
The Great Nagyari Empire: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/the-great-nagyari-empire.1326363/
Never really got into Stellaris so...might be interesting.
You're in luck, I'm writing the introductury post now. :)