• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The German-Soviet Pact

Meissner arrived in Moscow on May 9th 1939. Soviet news reels described it as a great coming together of friendly rulers where Stalin could continue his work of maintaining order in Europe. In reality Stalin wanted Meissner to agree to his plans to split Eastern Europe with him. Having grown more confident this time Stalin proposed that: Germany invade Poland in early September, one week later the Soviets would attack from the Eats and force a Polish surrender the former state of Poland would then be split according to the map bellow, The Baltic states would allow be annexed by the Soviet Union allow the port of Memel would be returned to Germany, the already reduced Czechoslovakian state would then be split between Hungary and Germany as Slovakia and Ruthenia would become Hungarian whilst Bohemia and Moravia would become German territory, finally Stalin wished to turn on the currently Democratic Romania, the Soviet Union would gain Bessarabia and Northern Burkovina whilst areas in Transylvania with large Magyar majorities would be reunited with Hungary.

eeu71060.gif

Map of Stalin’s ‘New Europe’

Allow Meissner was in agreement that the rogue Polish state had to be removed, he was shocked by Stalin’s request to take territory from a democratic state and felt that a further division of Czechoslovakia would be a blatant violation of the Munich Agreement. Meissner wished to limit the Pact to the division of Poland and the Baltic states. After weeks of negotiations the Pact was finally signed; Germany would initiate the invasion of Poland and one week into the conflict the Red Army would invade from the East and Stalin’s proposed division would stand, Stalin would then b given until the end of 1941 to bring Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania under his control (once Lithuania was secure the Soviet Union would hand Memel over to Germany) whilst both nations would guarantee the borders of Czechoslovakia and Romania and a Non-Aggression Pact would be signed between the two powers. The Non-Aggression Pact would be the only detail made known to the rest of the world.

stalin-gde.jpg

Stalin signing the pact

Upon his return to Germany Meissner sent a telegram to Neville Chamberlain informing him of the ‘secret clauses’ of the Pact but reassured him that this would be as far as he meant to go and that Stalin would was a trustworthy man who would similarly honour this agreement. Chamberlain was actually pleased to hear this news feeling that Europe would finally be at peace, he offered Meissner his support but warned that Britain would not get involved in the Polish conflict. The dumbfounded Anthony Eden resigned within weeks of hearing the news.

Back in Moscow Stalin was furious, he had been denied Bessarabia and the Fascists in Czechoslovakia were being protected. He didn’t even have time to propose the annexation of Finnish Karelia. He sent Lavrenti Beria to manufacture another excuse to take the Karelian territory and ordered him to sent spies to examine the Reichswehr.

looks like it I say someone should make a mod with this scenario

In fact I am working on something similar when I have spare time ( which is far too seldom these days. ) Link in my signature.

Whilst I use alot of the normal events This is actually the last in game event I get (MR Pact). Also the waris UK and Germany versus the Communists. And I warn you that the upcoming war with Poland wont begin the proper war. and finally the damn Danzig or warevent didn't work so I had to take the disset and didn't get a core on Danzig :mad:

Poland

At Midnight September 1st 1939 Germany declared war on Poland and entered its first international conflict since the Great War.

untitled16.jpg

The German battle plan had been drawn up by the Generals Erich von Manstein, Heinz Guderian and Gerd von Rundstedt over the last few weeks leading up to the declaration of war.

The attack would focus on two extremely powerful spearhead to the north and south of Posen. Meanwhile a small infantry force would march into Danzig and the Polish Corridor whilst a large infantry based attack would be launched on Cracow. After the initial breakthrough the Motorised infantry in the north would race eastward towards Warsaw, the armoured proponent in the southern spearhead would split into two main forces; one would move north to take Lodz and complete an encirclement of a large Polish army at Posen whilst the rest of the force would continue northeast towards Warsaw. All the time the Polish positions would be under heavy attack from German bomber squadrons. If all went as planned Poland wouldn’t last two weeks.

untitled17.jpg

One day into the operation everything was going well as the most mobile German assets were already many miles into Poland and the Polish army was in headlong retreat eastward. The only problem was the Polish resistance at Cracow, the battle for the city had already claimed hundreds of confirmed German dead and the total was rising ever faster.

untitled18.jpg

Over the next couple of days Reichswehr Panzers continued to role deeper onto Polish territory and the cities of Lodz and Danzig were captured. Sadly Lodz would be retaken by retreating Polish forces just hours after Model’s Panzerarmee had left the city. Meanwhile the battle for Cracow had finally been won and several infantry divisions were now marching into the city itself. Further north the Vistula was being crossed south of Warsaw by von Manstein’s armoured forces and German troops were now attacking the outskirts of the Polish capital.

untitled19.jpg

One week into the invasion Poland was on the brink of collapse, Warsaw had fallen with ease whilst Panzer armies had taken Brest-Litvosk and were headed south to Lvov, the Lodz pocket had been closed and now most of the Polish army had been captured. However the southern city of Cracow remained a problem as Polish forces had reoccupied the city and were stubbornly defending against the encroaching Germans. The chief of the Southern infantry push considered pulling off the assault but was saved by an attack from further forces to the north of the city who successfully forced the Polish collapse.

untitled20.jpg

With news of the fall of Warsaw Stalin ordered the Red Army to immediately cross the border into Eastern Poland. In the face little to no resistance they advanced at ease into the region. As Cracow finally fell that same day the Polish Government surrendered unconditionally to the two armies. All of Eastern Poland would be turned over to the Soviets, with the exception of Brest-Litvosk where von Manstein awaited Russian forces to turn the city over to.

untitled22.jpg

In the very city were Communist Russia had surrendered to Germany in 1917 the two nations would put the seal on a new treaty of friendship between the powers.

untitled24.jpg

The new map of central Europe

The description of images lie underneath them.

Also I am kinda unsure of how to write wartime updates and I wasn't to pleased with this one. If anyone has ideas of how I should write them once the real war starts I will gladly listen.

thanks and enjoy :D

I thought it was a good update.

Hopefully the next one comes soon.

I forgot to mention that the next update will be all about Belgium, which apparently rules ....

I've had a rather major problem with photobucket: I just finished uploading an image when my commputer started to freeze so I restarted (this happens alot I think my computer is dying :( )and when I go back into the internet I cannot sign in (I usually have the autmatic sign in on ) so I put in th fogot password thing but haveyet to recieve an email. My account hasn't been deleted, as you can see the images are still here. Does anyone have any idea what happened? :confused:

Anyway this will mean no update today, I'll probably make a new account :(

Ok nvm its working now. That was really wierd :confused::eek::eek:

Today's update's back on :D

The Belgian Election

The Belgian Election of 1939 would see more money spent on campaigning than had been in the nation’s military budget for the last five years. The Communists funded largely by Thorez’s French regime and supporters within Belgium itself whilst also receiving funding from other Comintern states. The United Democratic Party of Belgium (anti-Communist Alliance consisting of most of Belgium’s other Parties) received mass funding form the Belgian Upper Class and from Meissner’s regime in Germany. The Belgian election was seen as an ideological battleground where the future of the whole Continent could be decided. Military takeovers by an armed minority could be stopped, a shift in popular support could not.

On November 5th a record turnout with an estimated 92% voter turnout saw the Communist Party win with 53% of the vote to the United Democratic Party’s 42%. Over the next two days thousands fled to Britain, Holland and Germany whilst millions gathered on the streets in celebration. Thorez was the first Communist leader to congratulate the victory proclaiming a new era in the spread of Communism via the ballot box, not the through strength of arms. On the 7th the Belgian Parliament voted to abolish itself and give total control of the nation to the Belgian Politburo. The next day a telegram arrived from Moscow congratulating the Belgians on their decision and inviting Belgium to the Comintern on the condition French and Soviet troops be allowed access to all Belgian territory.

untitled25.jpg

In Germany Meissner was incensed his support was wavering after his invasion of Poland, some describing him as an Iron-Fisted Brute, and now another neighbour had fallen to Communism. Although he still held overwhelming support Meissner’s policy of rapprochement towards the Comintern was under heavy attack. Meissner was now under pressure to renew his anticommunist policies lest Germany be left completely surrounded.

grab every nation thats not communist you can and through them in your camp

get netherlands into your alliance and smash the commie lines with efficiency and make them captiluate

Now I dont want to make things too easy do I? :D

And having played some of the war I can tell you it certainly wont be. ;)

Italy is Communist and I'm afraid Holland will be neutral in the war (too late to go back now ...)

Glad to see another reader on board demokratickid, I hope you continue to enjoy :)

Pfhht.

Another communist state.