• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is Czechoslovakia still allowed to exist?
And if you'd ally with Romania, it would make a nice bulge between western and eastern commies.

@ Teep: You'll have to wait and see ;)

@ Enewald: Germany didn't want to seem really agressive and there was no reason to attack the remains of Czechoslovakia, so I didn't. ALthough I also though about making Romania an ally it quickly went Fascist and I'm not the leader of the allies. (It would also give another route of attack for the Russian hordes :( )

Would be better to attack France/Belgium first, most of your industry is in the west along the Rhine and if the SU is attacked, then most likely France will follow and thats a straight beeline towards the Ruhr.

October 17th

In the early hours of October 16th Soviet artillery fired several volleys of shells at German defensive positions in the province of Zamosc. Whilst the attack was followed by no actions elsewhere almost an entire Russian division back up the attack. Whilst the claims quickly came from Moscow that the attack was due to a command error Meissner was unwilling to believe this. If he did not react he risked his position, something that seemed impossible just two years earlier. Meissner sent a declaration of war to the Soviet Union on October 17th 1940 and what would become known as the Second World War began.

untitled37WAR.jpg

Through the rest of the day the entire Comintern sent their support to the Soviet Union, joining the war whilst Great Britain honoured its alliance with Germany.

untitled38europewar.jpg

Immediately a large Russian army began crossing the German border.

Next update will be my battle plan.

I hope this doens't give too much away but it certianly wasn't my best work ....

One rebeled in mid 1936, I think they must have just bombed the partisan troops because after they took the second prov they disappeared and france didn't bother to send anything to retake the territory in 4 years.

The Reichswehr Battle Plan

This war had been one planned for a long time. There were many possible options but none seemed wholly satisfactory. The German armour could not be spread amongst all fronts so it was decided that it would be used on just one, initially.

untitled39polfront.jpg

In the East Germany faced a massive assault form the Red army. The focus of the attack was at the province of Kowel. The German battle plan was simply to attack at other points on the line and try to draw enough Soviet troops form the battle to hold the line. A counteroffensive would then capture the key territories in the south around Stryj in order to gain a more defensible position. This theatre was manned by over half the entire Reichswehr and about the same proportion of the Luftwaffe, however the land forces were compromised entirely of infantry.

untitled41westernfront.jpg

Along the Western border a comparatively small, though heavily armed force manned the border forts and prepared to face the armies of France and Belgium. The basis of the small military presence was the belief that Thorez lacked the stomach to sacrifice the men necessary to launch an offensive into the Rhineland.

untitled40southfrontannotated.jpg

In the South lay Hungary, Yugoslavia and Italy. This was the weakest front and it was here were the Reichswehr would strike. The plan known as Fall Braun was devised by Erich von Manstein during the previous summer. Elite mountain divisions would advance through North Western Italy and secure their targets of Milan, Venice and Bologna. This loss of these key cities would cripple Italy’ industrial capabilities. Meanwhile a large Panzer army would sweep Eastward through Hungary (who were yet to deploy their armed forces) and induce a swift surrender. A final (largely armour) army group would burst into Yugoslavia and encircle the bulk of Tito’s army in Slovenia and race on to Belgrade, Spilt, and Sarajevo and force Yugoslavia to surrender. The aim of this Blitzkrieg was to quickly end the Southern front and free up forces for future operations whilst also demonstrating the strength of German arms to potential allies and to the German people.

Ok I'll try to answer some of your questions:
The Congo belongs to Belgium as usual and will see some interesting conflict ;)
South Africa and the entire Commonwealth are in the allies with me and Britain (I could start saying Britain and the Commonwealth if it makes it clearer)

And we shall see if my gamble onthe French border worked in the next update ...

OOH intresting but what about the french navy is the UK just going to dominate the seas and cause severe losses on France and Italy or are they staying in port

The Opening Moves

untitled42.jpg

On the first day of the war Fall Braun was put into affect as troops advanced into North eastern Italy, a large Panzer army moved into the largely undefended territories of Western Hungary and Rundstedt led a motorised army into battle in Slovenia. The Yugoslavs were quickly beaten as a concentrated force Model’s modern Panzers smashed the opposing infantry and soon they were bursting through the breach in the Yugoslavian lines

untitled43.jpg

In Poland the German defenders at Zamosc under attack by a Soviet army almost three times their number. Seeing no other alternative Von Blomberg Commander of the Polish Front ordered a two pronged counter attack. One force would cross the Bug and attack to the North of the Zamosc army group whilst the forces based in Przemysl attacked the key province of Stryj. The counter attack would be a great success as the attack on Kowel was called off and the Soviets were forced to fall back eastward. But rather than rest his troops Blomberg ordered them to carry o n and take the great city of Lvov. The city was heavily guarded by some 15 Soviet divisions but the Germans had the advantage of air superiority and the Luftwaffe bombed the city’s defences for 2 days straight, when the attack finally came on October 20th the cities defenders fled just hours into the battle.

untitled44venice.jpg

The 19th of October would see the ancient city of Venice fell to German forces with little to no resistance. The operation in Italy had been going even better than anyone had expected as barely a dozen Reichswehr soldiers had lost their lives.

Fall Braun hit a major ‘snag’ on just the second day of the war. As the massive German armoured force moved into Western Hungary the entire Hungary People’s army was discovered to be based in and around the capital, Budapest. The plan relied on the force steaming through the city but such a concentrated force would prove to be immovable. So a slightly amended plan was formulated where the Panzers would be moved south of the city with a view of encircling it and destroying the entire Hungarian army, however they would need reinforcements so 6 infantry divisions were called eastward from Southern Austria.

untitled45SHIT.jpg

With German successes on every front in the opening days of the war Thorez felt it would be France’s duty to take the initiative and ordered a large scale offensive across the Rhine. The German positions at Freiburg were overwhelmed and a retreat was sounded around midday on October 21st. The French offensive made the need for a speedy resolution to Fall Braun even more important and represented the greatest threat to the German people since the Civil war as there weren’t nearly enough troops in Western Germany to repel the large, well trained French army.