• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, looks like this is turning into a ww1 stalemate... :(

Yep, like Storm said. And I don't really think those carriers are worth losing dozens of divisions.

Do you mean you do not think it was worth getting the carriers? Or do you mean something else?

The carriers were produced in order to keep my supply lines clear, German naval activity against the supply routes is occurring again.

I was going to post another update, but the forums have been down for upgrading for the past day or so, so when I get a chance I'll post another update.

I meant that so many carriers aren't worth the risk for a German breakthrough in the lines because of a lack of soldiers to fill the gap, which came due to the lack of proper reinforcements.

Although now that you mentioned that your supply lines are getting hit again, I can see why the troops are getting slightly ignored for now. Better to lose a few divisions in combat then lose a whole front due to starvation huh.

Hmmmm, can you break through into Germany?

@Hatuke: If I were to transport more units across the Atlantic, my 8 remaining carriers would be no match for the German 20 carriers. This, on top of the German attacks on convoys again, are why I decided to build those. Also, I'm only supplied in France to 17:00 each day due to the increased sinking of convoys, so there is some slight ergency in that

@Lord Strange: My next AAR update has the answer :)

CBS World News - June 7th, 1948

June 7th, 1948

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe via London."

"This is London. Allied armies, after two months of hard fighting, have pushed up against most of the German border. Allied efforts have been fierce as every inch of ground is stubbornly defended. Following the defeat of German armies in the spring offensive, American armored divisions were quick to take advantage of the German disorganization. As Canadian divisions pushed up the Scheldt, taking Ghent and pushing to the outskirts of Amsterdam, America units launched an offensive north and south of Luxembourg, pushing German units across the Rhine river. A pocket of troops was formed around Arlon, where 11 German divisions were cut off by the advancing armies. After a few days of fighting, most of the men in the pocket, 105,000 men in total, surrendered. In the Ruhr, where lie much of German industry, German units have formed intensive fortifications and defensive lines that stretch kilometers deep. Despite this, Allied divisions took Aachen, the first German city to be occupied."

"Division stationed in Metz moved up into occupied Luxembourg, pushing the frail German defensive line closer to Germany. As Luxembourg fell, American units were able to take the Cologne defensive line in western Germany."

"The advances, however, have come at a cost. Over 200,000 soldiers have been killed or wounded in the operations since the start of spring. German naval activity has been increasing against Allied shipping since the retreat of the German navy from the Atlantic last year. This December, Allied Naval Command will be deploying 30 new carriers for operations against this threat and the German fleet."

"The Bolivian government has cut all ties to the Allied governments, which is fueling fears that they may strike against Brazil and the British forces stationed there...."

ScreenSave222.jpg

ScreenSave224.jpg

ScreenSave226.jpg

ScreenSave230.jpg

ScreenSave231.jpg

ScreenSave233.jpg

ScreenSave237.jpg

Last edited:
Nice catch. I wonder how the German MP and rares is looking right about now.

Sucks that they managed to escape that pocket!

@Hatuke: I'm more worried about how my own MP is holding up....

@Raaritsgozilla: Those troops in Arlon did get encircled and crushed. I might want to mention that in the news report, good catch. However, after I crushed they pocket the re-opened it.

@Merlowe: They still have the upper hand. I haven't penetrated their fortifications yet. They still control the seas, and are putting up stiff resistance. They've pushed us back to the Suez.

UK released them.

I'm almost speechless. Thanks! I must be honest, I never though it would be this popular when I started.

Congratulations on the award, and excellent progress in this AAR. DAIM AI looks scary.

Great job on the award, you really deserve it for the quallity of this AAR.

Now onward to the Rhein! :D

I'm almost speechless. Thanks! I must be honest, I never though it would be this popular when I started.

Well, having a human do something that is commonly considered losing (no offense UK) generaly makes it popular. :rofl:

CBS World News - July 17th, 1948

July 17th, 1948

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe via London."

"This is London. After the great Allied advances last month towards the Rhine, little ground has been gained. In June, Canadian divisions attempted to attack the occupied city of Amsterdam, but after incurring heavy losses were forced to withdraw. The German divisions were able to retake the city of Eindhoven as a result."

"Later in June, Allied divisions were able to push across the Rhine, taking Dortmund after some heavy fighting for the fortifications. However, German infantry and armor reserves led by German Field Marshal von Rundstedt, immediately launched a counter attack and retook the city after heavy fighting, which freed the German divisions trapped in Essen."

"Early this month, German troops were pushed from their last fortification west of the Rhine river, with German troops blowing the bridges as they left the German city of Saarbrucken. As a result of this advance, 19 German divisions in the Luxembourg pocket have been cut off. Early this morning, it was reported that the pocket has surrendered to American and British forces, resulting in the capture of roughly 200,000 men and their equipment. This will undoubtedly have an effect on German operations in the area."

"In the Middle East, the German attack aimed at capturing the strategic Suez Canal has been repulsed. German troops launched an attack against the canal in late June."

"As we reported in June, the Bolivian government has joined Argentina and the Axis in their war against Brazil. The past few weeks have resulted in several military attacks into western Brazil, where Bolivian divisions advance unopposed through the jungle. This came after many months of heated diplomatic exchanges between Bolivia and the British and American diplomats. This puts Brazil in an uncomfortable position, because their front has become secondary to the one in Europe and are expected to receive little support as a result."

ScreenSave240.jpg

ScreenSave244.jpg

ScreenSave247.jpg

ScreenSave248.jpg

ScreenSave250.jpg

ScreenSave251.jpg

ScreenSave254.jpg