• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59851)

General Secretary
Aug 13, 2006
Revolution Rises in the East
A Kaiserreich Communist Japan AAR
"But whatever may be the circumstances of my death, I shall die with unshaken faith in the Communist future. This faith in man and in his future gives me even now such power of resistance as cannot be given by any religion . . . I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
--Leon Trotsky

The following is an excerpt from Red in the Land of the Rising Sun: The People's Revolution in Japan:

. . . failure of Marxist uprisings around the world. In Russia, the White faction eventually beat the Russian Red Army, and its leaders Lenin and Stalin were executed. It was not a total loss, for Leon Trotsky managed to escape into exile, and his writings would inspire and influence many in Japan.

In Europe, there were uprisings in Britain, France, and the Sicilies. However, these were not true Marxist revolutions, but merely syndicalist movements. As the Leader Nosaka has told many times, the Western revolutionaries produced Marx, but stopped progressing soon after. Only in the East the ideas of Marx, Trotsky, and Nosaka would come together and come alive.

Yes, it was Japan where the first True People's Revolution would take place. After the embarrassment of the loss of the Great War, the spirit of the Japanese people had taken a blow. The Japanese people worked on, but when the true nature of the Capitalists was seen during the Devastating Depression of the black years of the 1920s, it hurt their spirit even more. The Japanese Communist Party, influenced much by the works of Marx and Trotsky, worked underground, planning their move. After the turmoil of the Imperial family being killed in the Opera House Fire, the Vanguard Party made its move and liberated the Japanese people from the Capitalists and militarists in the Japanese Civil War.

JPR11.png
The new nation, the Japanese People's Republic, sought to spread the International Proletarian Revolution. It need to grow stronger, for the Imperialist Germans in Mitteleuropa and even the Capitalists Pigs in the Entente were stronger than the Japanese led (and as of 1936, Japanese only) Communist International. But the will of the People is strong. . .

JPR12-1.png

Last edited:
Only Japan in the internationale? What about the syndicalist? You can't count on them as allies?

Should be interesting, Kaiserreich is probably my favorite mod out there. Have you modded in events for a communist Japan or are you sticking with the stock ones? Also, I really like the flag you're using.;)

Looks interesting, i'm curious to the circumstances in which the opera house fire occured. The flag is pretty nice too.

So is Japan complete enemies with the Sydies, or only somewhat?

I will be reading this. As will many, many others, I presume. :D

And it seems, I get the honor of first reply.
Sweet. Good to have you here.

Should be interesting, Kaiserreich is probably my favorite mod out there. Have you modded in events for a communist Japan or are you sticking with the stock ones? Also, I really like the flag you're using.;)
I went in and disabled the stock events after about six months. I'm going on no Japan events right now. It's working out okay.

General_Hoth said:
Only Japan in the internationale? What about the syndicalist? You can't count on them as allies?

So is Japan complete enemies with the Sydies, or only somewhat?
More like ideological rivals--but definitely not allies. Japan is willing to deal with them (it won't make deals with Imperial powers, unlike the USSR did), but it is wary of "ideological impurities" that could bring down Marxism from the inside.

Looks interesting, i'm curious to the circumstances in which the opera house fire occured. The flag is pretty nice too.
Thanks. I got it from this page.

As for the Opera Fire, why would you be curious? :p

how did korea break free?
It got free during the Japanese Civil War. It's in a defensive alliance with Transamur and Manchuria; collecitvely they can keep the influence of Imperial China, Russia, and Japan at bay.

Ah! I can tell already that I will love this AAR.:)

this looks very cool - japan is about the last place i would expect communism to rise. should be excellent reading.

Last edited:
Here I join! To World Revolution and Beyond!

It got free during the Japanese Civil War. It's in a defensive alliance with Transamur and Manchuria; collecitvely they can keep the influence of Imperial China, Russia, and Japan at bay.

To tell the truth, I would say it would have had its own communist revolution, but whatever suits you friend.

You know who to call if you need help :D

A commie Japan! That doesn't happen everyday. :D