• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 28, 2008
300px-Poster13.jpg

Chapter I: Overview​

Following the Axis victory against the Allied invasion in Normandy known as Operation D-Day and the incredible number of casualties followed soon after the invasion, the American government decided to retire completely from the Atlantic Theater and leave the British to fend for their own in the west. This allowed Hitler free reign in the Channel once again and the U-boat war continued. Although the British persistence against the Nazi's was admirable, it proved short lived. Without the intervention of the US navy in the Atlantic Ocean, the Royal Navy was once again being hunted down by the wolf pack's of the Germans and this time, nor mercy, nor sympathy, was sparred from the Krauts. Near the end of '44, against strong opposition from Prime Minister Churchill and Queen Elizabeth the II'sd, the British have capitulated and a Pro-German Government was installed. Edward VIII was brought back to power alongside Oswald Mosley, although the king's only role was to ensure the population that the Royal Family shall continue to rule Britain, while in reality Oswald was the one pulling all the strings, watched closely by the German Reich.

Regarding the Eastern Front, the Red Army was able to push out the Wehrmacht out of Russia proper, yet were unable to advance any further into Polish or Romanian territory. The Axis were fighting like rabid dogs for every kilometer of land within Poland, and their efforts, sacrifice and sweet was paid back. With the Reinforcements brought forth from the west front, and the return of the Air force in Poland, the Red army's offense has been fully stopped. Slowly, the Wehrmacht began to push back the ride tide with the assistance of the newly re-acquired Air domination and British volunteers and military equipment. It would of taken Hitler another two years to reach Moscow's gates once again, and another one to pass the Urals and Caucasus. Yet, ever since the Wehrmacht has re-entered Russian territory, mass hysteria spread through the armed forces and morale was once again dropping at an alarming rate. With the fall of Moscow, the majority of the Army abandoned the Motherland and signed up as German volunteers, being promised a free country, safe from communism and under German protection. In the winter of 1947, Stalin meet the German officials in Arkhangelsk, signing a humiliating peace treaty for the Soviet Union, ceding Germany everything behind the Urals and liberating a Russian buffer state under Nazi protection, stretching from the Volga till the last remnants of the Soviet Union, Siberia. Hitler would of preferred to continue the war till he completely annexed the communist, but the wastelands of Siberia and Asia made him get to the conclusion that a peace will be more favorable.

The main sanctions against the USSR in the treaty were the following :

* Ceding everything behind the Volga river to the Greater German Reich
* The creation of an authoritarian state of Russia which would include parts of Siberia, the northern and central part of the Urals and territories in front of the Volga river. The state would be a German protectorate.
* The creation of an authoritarian state of Turkestan which would include Central Asia and the southern half of the Urals. The state would be a German protectorate
* Massive demobilization of the Red army, allowing it enough troops just to keep the nation united and protect their borders from skirmishes.
* Destruction of major industrial centers in Siberia, allowing enough only to feed it's army, take care of it's population and the creation of railways or other structures that will help improve the living condition of the people.
* The creation of an authoritarian state of Primorsk, serving as a buffer between the Soviet Union and the newly created state of Korea, which would include everything behind the river line stretching through Manchuria and the former Soviet islands. The state would be a German protectorate
* The Soviet Union will immediately stop alimenting the partisans back in Europe with equipment and officers. Continuing to do so will result in a possible invasion of the Union and replacement of the current cabinet with a fascist one

PoliticalMap.png

Political Map of the Soviet Union and it's neighbors in January 1948

Shortly after the treaty, Stalin had mysteriously disappeared, leaving the Union without a leader, yet nobody felt sorrow for him. Even if he had returned in the country, he would of been immediately taken over by the NKDP and make way for Molotov to gain supreme control over the country. With the disappearance of Stalin, Molotov lost the opportunity to show himself as the savior of the people from the tyranny and incompetence of Stalin, yet seized power of the country anyway. His rise to power meet no objection from the people or the communist party, being welcomed as the new leader of the Union, one which could bring back the glory of the old days. His first order of business was the reorganization of the remnants of the Red army, rebuilding the industry in Siberia and try to catch up technologically with the west. As well, he wished to re-arrange the cabinet, removing the Nazi sympathizers from their ranks and bringing in more loyal subjects.

Armyleftovers1.png
Armyleftovers2.png
Armyleftovers3.png

The army shall be organized into corps of 3 divisions, and another two armies shall be organized which will include the remnants of the Soviet's mobile forces and Field HQ's, which will be leaded by Field Marshall Zhuikov and Field Marshall Chuikov. These two armies shall be placed in the extremities of the border with Russia, while 2 Corps shall be placed near the border of Turkestan and another two to defend the Soviet side of the river from Primorsk

FirstResearch.png
ProductionQue.png

The soviets could of not hoped to beat the Third Reich in industrial power, yet the re-industrialization programmed continued to allow the Union to better arm herself and raise the infrastructure in Siberia in the meantime.

SecurityMinisterReplacement.png
Armamentministerreplacement.png

Lastly, Lavrenti Beria and Georgij Bazilevich have been replaced by Andriy Orlov and Nikolaj Bulganing respectively. The former ministers of the communist cabinet have been sent towards the Kamchatka peninsula where they shall be watched intensively.

Regarding one of the Soviets neighbors, Japan, they have capitulated in March 1946 to the United States after the launch of two nuclear bombs, one hitting downtown Tokyo and the other missing it's original target of Fukuoka and hitting the bottom of the ocean beneath the island. This has caused one of the most massive earthquakes in Japanese history and destroyed 3/4 of the maritime life near the Japanese coast and in a range of 200 miles. This left Japan without a major food extraction and caused dissent in the country as famine began to ensue and US assistance being months away.

Unfortunately, the Soviet Union was too weak at that time to intervene and grab some land from Manchuria and Korea, being to preoccupied with the Germans approaching being only mere months away from the Ural mountains.

Regarding the United States, after the liberation of Japan from the fascist rule, they concentrated their entire attention upon the nuclear arm's race against Germany, hopping to perfect this weapon before the krauts, forcing them into a peace treaty favorable for the allies. Unffortuanetly, the Krauts have perfected the nuclear bomb and the ICBM before the Americans, launching a miniaturized bomb in New York, showing the strength of the Third Reich. After the demonstration of the A-Bomb upon American soil, Joseph Kennedy Sr accepted peace with Third Reich in the winter of 1947. In the last day's of December, Molotov issued the "Rebirth of the Motherland" speech, as it shall be know in history. He promised the people to bring the Soviet Union back into it's past glorious days and drive out the German invaders off their legitimate land and free their brothers behind the Urals. No mercy shall be spared for the Third Reich and they shall liberate Europe from the Nazi tyranny, or die trying.

Last edited:
You made a couple of mistakes in your story, the state established to the Central Asia in the Fatherland storyline is called "Turkestan", Turkmenistan is a part of it. Also, the president of the United States is Joseph Kennedy Sr, not John F Kennedy senior :D

Those are some nitpickings but try to be careful with them. I'm hoping for this AAR to be good, because currently I'm the only one in the AAR forums with a Fatherland AAR going on.

My bad, I'll edit them in a few seconds. Since I never read the novel nor watched the movie, all I know about this master piece is thanks to wiki. Although I did some slight modifications to the story of the novel, for example the fact that the Soviets lasted longer then I expect they did in the novel and the swap of the A-Bombs drop zones.

Well, anyway, to be honest, your Fatherland AAR is the one that inspired me to make this. If it wouldn't be for you reminding me of this great mod, I doubt I would of even have it on my computer anymore :D

On a different note, I'm trying to come up with a good contrast and saturation for the pics to match the atmosphere of the time. Any suggestions?

Suscribed! I will follow that ! Go Commies!

That simple graphics modifying looks so cool! How did you do it? I have to try this with my Photoshop. :cool:

Reclaim your rightful lands and save Tibet while you're at it! :D

Nice start. Who will be the first target of the Soviet union?

Hope to see more updates soon :D

Photoshop is for wusses, Paint.net is all I need. :D

Unfortunately, I fucked up Paint.net and it closed before I could of note down the exact numbers, but I can give a rought estimation.

Brightness : -22
Saturation : 66

If you manage to stumble on the exact ones, gimme :D

Nice start. Who will be the first target of the Soviet union?

Hope to see more updates soon :D

It will be either Imperial Russia or Turkestan. The first will secure me a nice income of oil, something I majorly lack and the fact that I got 12 mobile units and 3 with brigades ain't helping either. The second has a province that gives an income of 44 rares. I am already in the red with rares, even though the others resources I can easily get without having to compromise. In my test game, I'll survive till around September before my IC takes a hit.

And with luck, you shall get an update tonight :D

Primorsk won't be a powerful rival, considering I only spot 2 divisions at my border. But, I'll leave them for later once I take out one of my main rivals. Primorks has the dumb luck of obtaining the islands once belonging to the Union and one of them has a VP. No strait unfortunately. And I can't do the take all provinces, peace, Dow, annex trick since I can't take an extra 8 dissent afterward

Good luck restoring the Soviet Union- it looks like you'll need it with the mess Stalin made of things. It'll be interesting to see if you manage to expand without the Germans deciding to stop on you, especially as most of your targets are technically German protectorates. Also, how much IC do you have? It doesn't look like you've been left with much.

Before we start, I would like to say that Stalin is one of the biggest attention whores that ever existed on the internet. Seriously, it took me twenty minutes to find a good poster that didn't involved his ass or mustache.

281910533_6178cbd037.jpg

Chapter II: Arm's race.

As the Red Army's reorganization and the Industry was being rebuilt, it was suspected that peace will last for a few years in Europe and Asia as well. The last Great War has sapped most countries of it's young blood and the majority of the veterans have retired. With few men to man the tanks, defend the trenches and assault the beaches, nobody would of expected even a minor conflict for quite some time. In the west, abortion has been rendered illegal, following the Soviet model, and who ever would do such an operation would be either imprisoned or sent to a labour camp, as well as the parents of the child after it's birth. Some countries such as The Third Reich and Finland though, adopted a more tame policy. Abortion was still legal, but it has been modified that if the child is older then 2 and a half months, it would be considered murder and thus rendered illegal. The Reich and Finland both promised great rewards for those that are willing to take care of a larger number of kids. Those that have 5 children, for example, were given paid holidays by the government, luxurious automobiles, a pay-check per month depending on the number of kids, etc. Those that would of had 10 or even more children were considered "Hero Mom's" and received all of the above advantages, plus even more from the state. Off course, this had it's downside in the west as most children were sent to an orphanage, the ones in Helsinki and Cologne respectively need to send them over the borders or into different cities due to their overload. In the Union though, most children reside with their parents, even though the rewards for mothers were fairly low compared to other states.

Yet, even though the worlds population was in a precarious stage, it did not stopped some from going mad with power and challenge the Union to all out open warfare. When he heard the news of a declaration of war, Molotov was stunned for several minutes before hearing who decided to challenge the Union. When he heard who the aggressors were though, he let out a sigh of relief and thanked God that it wasn't neither Hitler nor Trueman. A week later, he received the same news. Another Dow against the Union. This time though, he wasn't as worried, believing to be another powerless state. He was indeed right. They had the dumb luck of being out of the Union's grasp for the moment.

PersiaDow.png
ArabiaDow.png

The DOW's ensued on 8th of January and 16th of January respectively.

Even though the recent ball's that grew upon this two nations only mildly annoyed Molotov, he has lost two of the most important incomes of Oil in the Middle East, and was forced to trade with Brazil and several small rump states. The main Oil traders know to at the time were not going to give away any Fuel to the Union without extorting them of hundred's of resources in exchange. A few days later though, he didn't mind this as much, apparently being able to secure a new deal with the Imperial Chinese for their oil and supplies in exchange for Union energy. The next few week's were once again quite on the political stage, or at least in the opinion of Molotov. He didn't care what happened in the West or in the America's. Right now, he was only interested for the security of his own country. And on April 2sd, he was pleased to find that the main rivals of the Union were being watched and the borders patrolled.

Field Marshall Zhukov was in the Northern part of Siberia, along the border with Imperialist Russia, guarding the factories and ready to strike into the Russian heartland at any second. In the south, Field Marshall Chuikov had two fronts to worry about. The southern border with the Imperialistic Russians and the Turkestan border. Luckily for him, he had two other field Marshall's under his direct control. Field Marshall Chistyakov and Field Marshall Fedorenko. In the other part of the country, the river line with Primorsk was guarded by both Field Marshall Malinovskij and Field Marshall Tolbukhin, both under the direct command of Molotov.

ZhukovsArmy.png
ChuikovsArmy.png

FedorenkoArmyTurkestan.png
Turkestanarmy2.png
PrimorskArmy1.png
PrimorskArmyII.png
The entire army of the Union. Yes I know the 1ya Korpus, created corps, strat-red, created corps- strat red and so on.​

Following the completion of the reorganization, the Union's population was felling secure from any attack coming from their neighbors. When it came to one on one warfare, the Soviet's had the most advance and numerous army in Siberia and Central Asia. If it wouldn't be for German protection, The Soviets would of already regained the land they lost to Imperialistic Russia, Turkestan and Primorsk. Yet, as the day's passed and Molotov waited for the industry to be renewed, he received two messages, one of amusement and one annoyance.

The first was the wish of the Imperialists to trade their technology, greatly inferior to the Soviet one. The Soviets didn't even approved the existence of this state, not to mention wish not to trade their mastery with them. Yet, this hostile attitude towards Russia might provoke a war and Molotov was still not prepared. A mobilization issue was ordered and the industry was inclined even more towards the army.

Russiawantstotrade.png

Stupid F11 dosn't always works so I lost the event where I decided to gear up for war and the Five years plan one.

The other news of information was the incompetence of the Germans. No matter their superiority in technology, they still could not tame the patriotism of the Soviet's and thus, a revolt was launched in Moscow. Molotov quickly gave order to supply the rebels with equipment and low-ranking officers, but he made sure not to be too obvious. The Krauts would clearly expect a implication by the Soviets, and so would the citizens of Moscow. The aid shall come, but with as much discretion as possible. Due to Soviet assistance, the rebels managed to survive for well over 2 months, yet most of them were unfortunately captured and executed. Those that did survived and managed to reach the Union were though of as heroes of the Motherland.

HAHA.png

Partisans > Hitler.

Moscow wasn't the only place the people decided to revolt against their tyrants. Rebellious movements have also taken place in the southern Ukraine, the Moldovian RSS and in Crimea. They have as well received Soviet aid, yet due to the fear of the Reich finding out, small amounts were sent every time and through the longest route, trying to avoid German eyes and ears.

Ukrainerevolt.png

Dumb Krauts.

After enjoying the sight of the Germans losing control over Russia, Molotov began to plot his next move to restore the great Union. His first step would take him south-west, to secure the mines of Zhambyl and the resources it hold's for the ever growing Soviet war machine. The army was being redeployed on the border with Turkestan and would arrive there any day now. Then, we shall go to war. For the Motherland comrade.

Redeploying.png
Techyay.png

Somebody's screwing with my story telling abilities. Also, new tech, yay.

Last edited:
Good luck restoring the Soviet Union- it looks like you'll need it with the mess Stalin made of things. It'll be interesting to see if you manage to expand without the Germans deciding to stop on you, especially as most of your targets are technically German protectorates. Also, how much IC do you have? It doesn't look like you've been left with much.

Yep, Stalin fucked up pretty bad in the novel. And no worries, I doubt the Krauts will be coming knocking any time soon, considering what they have to fix in Russia proper. That's one of the reasons I waited so long before invading. Partisans should keep the Krauts too busy to deal with me. Also, im down to around 45/33, I haven't checked yet how much of a bonus I'll receive from the latest tech.

Last edited:
Subscrunes!

Yes, I think I shall watch this one too

Great story so far and this looks like an interesting mod too even if the AI is rather screwy with its random DOWs- unless of course the Saudis have developed some hidden superweapon...