• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(115311)

4chan is so mature today
4 Badges
Sep 20, 2008
www.facebook.com
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
Nobody messes with Luxemburg! ...ok?

87489313xx0.gif

So this is a [thread=391735]competitive AAR with Hatuke[/thread]. Also note that Lord Slowpoke made [thread=380251]a Luxemburg AAR[/thread] of his own, but because he uses mods (like he gets 20 times more manpower) he isn't actually included in the competition, sorry about that. ;)

You will surely cheat! - I won't, the whole idea is to conquer the whole world with Luxemburg without any cheats. This includes IC & TT takeovers, modding, even savegame reloading. ;)

So why did you choose a country that will lose for sure?
- Because I want some challenge for a change. :)

How can you even survive till -41? - I actually had 3 strategies, with just 1 that might work... I will go through it in the first update. Prepare to be amazed then! :p

Will this be as funny as your Soviet AAR? - Oh, you wish! :p Sorry, but most of my comedy ideas are reserved for that AAR only. This will be a serious gameplay AAR. Ok... serious might mean a bit funny, but I don't have much time to write funny comedy when the Germans are attacking. :rofl:

Hah, you will lose for sure!
- 99% chance that you are right, but you can't win always. :D

When is the first update? - Tomorrow morning.

I want to take part in this too! - Then please let us know and here are some rules. If the game is well underway, this might not be so simple to join, but we'll see. :)

1. You use vanilla DD Arma 1.3b, Normal/Normal, no IC/TT takeovers. End year 1960 something... if you even survive there. ;)

2. The country is Luxemburg, lol like we didn't know that. :D

3. No cheating of any kind. This includes any modding, using the console and reloading saves. Nobody wants to see a cheater Luxemburg, right? :D

4. You are still allowed to do anything ingame (like building lvl10 forts, buying land, dowing Tibet... ;)).

(5). It would be nice, if you post your updates approximately the same pace as me and Hatuke. It doesn't have to be too accurate, but it would be nice if we would post at the same pace. Of course you can play forward yourself, but updating should still be regulated.

Well good luck! - Thanks, I'm gonna need it. :p

Last edited:
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. *Fall's into a pit*

Damn you! :mad: Also, good luck Storm, we are both going to need it. Although, I presume that you going allies will ease your burden

Wow, this is such a turn on!! GO, Lux, GO!!!
You sure gotta depend on your allies for survival.
To maintain the difficulty, I sure hope there is no military control :)

*kicks the nazi into a hole* :D
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. *Fall's into a pit*
Bye bye, mr. nazi! :D

Damn you! :mad: Also, good luck Storm, we are both going to need it. Although, I presume that you going allies will ease your burden
Lol, I think I have to ally. I don't think that one 1/3 division could beat the 2k other divisions in the world. But I don't understand how you will conquer the world without a single division. Well, we'll learn that later, I guess... ;)

Watching.
Great.

Another Storm501 AAR. I will watch this. I think who lost the game first will lose this competition because it's imposible to WC with Luxemburg. It's hardcoded.
Well, not exactly hardcoded, but it's not easy either. But it could be worse too. Albania has just 4 IC and no divisions... But on the other hand they only have to worry about the Italians and they have cores on Yugoslavia. But the person who loses first is the loser. ;)

Ahahaha, This is gonna be hilarious!
Good luck!
Yeah, only now in the morning I understood what kind of a mess I got myself in. But this Luxemburg won't go down without a fight! :D

Wow, this is such a turn on!! GO, Lux, GO!!!
You sure gotta depend on your allies for survival.
Yeah, I'll need allies. :)

To maintain the difficulty, I sure hope there is no military control :)
What? To maintain difficulty, you think this is too easy with military control? :D (Or do you mean the fullcontrol cheat, I won't use it.) It won't matter much since France and UK surely won't give military control to a small country like this. But maybe Leopold might... :)

January 1st, 1936

93600423dp5.gif

So we have the best... but the smallest army in the world. Hey, but Albania has no army, so that's something! :D

21997296gt5.gif

Ooh... right. Maybe I can get that infantry division to full strength in 10 years.

91230386wf0.gif

Our techteams. Some guy and a factory! So let's begin with machine tools, that will give us 0,25 IC. That's a lot actually...

42428036wy7.gif

This is the big plan, to get lvl10 forts. I won't build those 10 in a one serial though, that would take 20 years because of the delays. So I will build one fort and after that IC, because factories demand workers uknow.

91101298jf8.gif

Luckily we have our good Belgian friend Leopold to help us, we have +199 relations. So he will give a lot of money and supplies for our useless excess metals. :)

47789650bb4.gif

Yay, we are getting so rich now! With that money we could steal everybody's techs or even buy land from our allies... if we get any allies. ;)

37435891bw6.gif

This could be useful, but all that dissent would ruin my land fort construction. Also I think that my current slider changes will be enough... oh yeah, I didn't take a screen of them. I just go the authoritarian way... :D So why? Because of this!

99566717ch8.gif

Ok... I admit that I might have looked HoI wiki a bit, but it doesn't tell anything about conquering the world with Luxemburg! :rofl: ...So anyway if I dow Tibet, it should prevent the war in Europe from occuring. So yes, it will be super boring, but I should be able to complete my forts. Also the few more years might swing the balance to the Allied side, so maybe Germany won't blitz France so easily either. But I'm more worried about the Soviet giant in the east. Well, we have other issues to worry about now.

76521172fy4.gif

At least I got some useful events too. :)

20806063lr9.gif

Now we can begin the second phase of my plan! Suprisingly we have enough MP to start constructing factories. So a IC of 7 should be enough to build forts with 100% efficiency. Hopefully those factories will be ready in -40 at least.

64594730cw4.gif

Now that I have so much money, I suppose I could try this new spying system out. The increase didn't give me a chance to do any missions though and the next increase is in May... :(

90750466em0.gif

Yeah, just IC techs... I won't even try to research other techs without blueprints. ;)

86543241ez4.gif

Haha, it worked! Now we can stop the war... well actually delay it a bit.

81141372jj8.gif

Sorry Dalai Lama, this is for world peace... or for Luxemburg world conquest! :D ...But we don't have to do this yet, just look at that dissent! So it can wait till -39, so it will stop the Danzig or War event.

xD 16 dissident. And god damn, you are lucky as hell.

xD 16 dissident.
Maybe I should start moving towards invertionism now, that will lower the dow dissent too. Also I could ally with Belgium and get lots of free resources and blueprints.

But if I eventually join the Allies, I was wondering that could I buy British and French non-core provinces? I don't have access to sea, but I can get it through France, right? I just don't know will they give any provinces to me, that it might be hardcoded that they don't give any...

But at least I have a lot of money to do spy operations and to buy land. Maybe I could use global manipulation on Germany and then spark a war between the Allies and Germany in -41 or -42. :D But don't the Soviets usually invade Germany somewhere in -42, if the Germans don't invade them?

And god damn, you are lucky as hell.
Only two random events during two years. Surely you had some too? :D

Goddamn good start.
Thanks, I have no idea what will come out of this. I'm not even sure if dowing Tibet will save Europe from a war. But at least I have a 1/3 infantry division and a lvl1 fort. :)

I had zero. -_-

I had zero. -_-
No divisions, just building AAs and zero events! :eek: ...That's the two most boring years ever! :rofl:

Yep. At least I shall have the WIF graphics to entertain me in the meanwhile :D