• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I haven't seen the full map, it looks like once you clear out those units stacked on the Breton Coast, you should have an easy run to at least the Siegfried Line, maybe even Berlin if you're lucky...although given past precedent I doubt you'd be that lucky lol...either way keep it up!

~Hawk

Germany wasnt supposed to get that eastern Saudi Arabia province lol. I was using as a "wall" :(

I guess the best course of action now would be to send everything left on the Arabina peninsula to Jordan and Israel where you can go on a fighting retreat back to Suez. I'd suggest giving Suez to the USA so they can build some forts, I doubt Britain will still have enough IC.

Great update BTW and nice work with secureing the Atlantic convoys. ;)

@belgium rules: We would consider that, if for the fact that...those transports are about to be involved on a very, very important operation of vastly higher significance on June 20th, 1947....the timing of the German offensive couldn't have been worse. Blasted AI. But the dice are in motion, there is no turning back now....

@HawkEye1489: One can only hope...

@Tommy: Britain has already started that if I remember correctly. With her economy back on its feet, it makes life for both me and Britain easier.

06:00 June 20th, 1947

OperationOverlord.jpg

06:00 June 20th, 1947

Operation Overlord Speech

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, towards which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers or liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms, you will bring about the destruction of the German War machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, Russia, the Middle East and India, and the security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.

With you the free men of the world are marching together for victory!

I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

"I stand before you marines, as I have since the Pacific and Asian campaigns. I stand before you as your friend, and I will not lead you astray. Across the channel lay German forces. They have been expecting us for years, and will offer us no ground for free. Be rest assured though, they are scared! They hide behind concrete and steel. They know what we can do, they have seen our rapid advances through the Pacific, Japan and China. Many of you experienced those battles, and I ask one more favor from you. Show those Germans what we can do! Show them that the only way they can now go is back to Berlin!"

"Our endeavor today will be tough, and it will be dangerous. But we have the prayers of free men around world on our backs, and you men stand together as the last symbol of hope for the free people of the world! There shall be no failure here! Lets go show those Germans what true men are made of! I shall see you on the beaches!"

- Commander Feuersturm, Commander of the American Forces

Last edited:
HUZZAH! To Berlin! :D

Operation Overlord-- Biggest mistake of all the times, or the greatest military move ever?

Stay tuned for the next update!

I feel this might fail, but it might win the war.

Greatest gamble of the allies. If the landings succed, the Germans will run as far as the eye can see. If they fail and the Task force is intercepted, all hope is lost for the World.

Well, like I said, hopefully the AI is so consentrated upon the Asian Front, and the fact that Japan has capitulated that they have other concerns. Here's to the success of Overlord!~Hawk

Well, like I said, hopefully the AI is so consentrated upon the Asian Front, and the fact that Japan has capitulated that they have other concerns. Here's to the success of Overlord!~Hawk

We hope that too :p We first gotta get through level 9 forts, then through the plains of france...

Its a good thing that Germany and Japan are not Allied, otherwise we would be....in a bad position.

I'm working on the next news post at the moment, so it should be up this weekend.

CBS World News – June 30th, 1947

June 30th, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly is here to report on a special news bulletin."

"This is a special CBS report. American marines have invaded German-occupied France along a stretch of coast in Northern France called Normandy. We take you to London, where streaming reports of the latest events reach our correspondents there."

“This is London, reporting on the events in Normandy on June 20th to June 30th. Early in the morning of D-day, Tommy Fourever took his recording gear in a little 36ft LCPV onto a French beach. This is his report of the scenes that lay across the Channel."

"The sea was choppy and the weather gloomy. Our LCVP moved past the file of low silhouetted cruisers; the concussive booms of offshore battle wagons, the heavy battleships. Above the beaches, brown and yellow puffs of smoke drifted in the air. Nearing the beach I noticed the water filled with objects. Part of a parachute, a life jacket, wreckage from a ship, shell cases and the unfortunate sight of the deceased. On the beach on the left where there was no sheltering overhand of the shingled bank, the remains of the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth waves lay where they had fallen, looking like so many heavily laden bundles on the pebbly stretch up to the beach exit."

"The enemy had waited for the favorable moment. All our boats came at the same time under the automatic weapons’ crossfire. Those men who jumped instinctively in the sea to escape it went under immediately…few were those who reached the beach."

"As I was not allowed to stay with the military on the beaches, I was forced to remain with the LCVP on its trip back to the ships. It wasn’t until after the beaches were secure that I was able to return to the beaches. "

"When I returned, the beaches were clear of enemy forces and troops were advancing inward. I asked a brigade commander how things were going and he said things were going pretty rough still. I asked him how far the troops had gone inshore and they said they had moved 2 or 3 miles inshore, so it seems like they are making good progress."

"That was Tommy Fourever in a recording he took on D-day from the beaches."

"The afternoon of June 23rd prove perilous to the Allied beachheads. Erwin Rommel, one of the most clever and infamous generals Germany has, commanded the German army into a counter-attack. By the 26th, Pine Beach was overrun and Olive and Evergreen beaches were pushed back to within a few hundred meters of the beaches themselves."

"A recording from the front lines is testament to the ferocity that the marines experienced."

“The Germans seem to be throwing everything they have at us. Our armor is landing on the beaches and heading straight into battle. The front line is only a few hundred meters from the beach. The Germans have attempted to shell Olive beach several times, but their guns are usually silenced by Allied aircraft. The American 1st and 2nd armies have been landing their main elements in an attempt to alleviate the situation. There are wounded piling up in the concrete trenches formerly occupied by the Germans, as it seems to be the only safe place from enemy fire. As I speak, If I peak my head just over the top of this ridge, I can see an enemy tank moving out of the forest as two of our tanks move up to knock it out……”

"By June 30th, the battle for the beaches was coming to a close as Rommel withdrew his forces back towards a defensive line being formed around the inland city of Caen. We will continue to feed you more reports as they feed into our newsroom here in New York and London."

ScreenSave114.jpg

ScreenSave118.jpg

ScreenSave119.jpg

ScreenSave124.jpg

ScreenSave125.jpg

**Please note that I am not leaving the British out for no reason. Due to manpower concerns, they will only land in Normandy after the beaches have been taken. Yes, it has been 10 days of battle and the Caen province ingame has not been taken yet...the battle lasts from June 20th, 1947 -> July 18th, 1947**

Last edited: