Weekly AAR Showcase: The Anglo-Saxon Exodus: A Tale Of Surviving

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sorry I guess I've fallen behind.
No worries. You're not alone. The mysterious entity responsible for changing the name of the thread also seems to have flinched. ;)

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
First off congratulations to @The Kingmaker as Mead & Blood is indeed a fine work well worthy of the showcase.

Secondly congratulations on finding such impressive blackmail material on @Macavity116 . This is the second award in the same week he's nominated you for and neither of them Stellaris related, whatever you found it must be something very spicy indeed! ( :D ;) )

• 8Haha
Reactions:
I would like to once again thank everyone for their kindness and support, in particular @Macavity116 for nominating me for this honor.

Now that the time has come to pass on this award, I have no hesitation in recommending The Line of Alexios by my dear friend @Nikolai. It is a tale of the vicissitudes of the Komnenid emperors of the ERE, who are stricken one after the other with either chronic disease, rank incompetence, or else very misfortunate and bloody ends. It is a fascinating study in the debilitation of the human condition and I heartily recommend it.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I would like to once again thank everyone for their kindness and support, in particular @Macavity116 for nominating me for this honor.

Now that the time has come to pass on this award, I have no hesitation in recommending The Line of Alexios by my dear friend @Nikolai. It is a tale of the vicissitudes of the Komnenid emperors of the ERE, who are stricken one after the other with either chronic disease, rank incompetence, or else very misfortunate and bloody ends. It is a fascinating study in the debilitation of the human condition and I heartily recommend it.
Thank you, my friend! I am happy that the story is so well received. :)

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sneaking in to offer very well deserved congratulations to @The Kingmaker before wishing more timely congrats to @Nikolai!

Excellent work, both. Well done!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Secondly congratulations on finding such impressive blackmail material on @Macavity116 . This is the second award in the same week he's nominated you for and neither of them Stellaris related, whatever you found it must be something very spicy indeed! ( :D ;) )
Ah yes, this is totally the reason for my venturing out into the greater reaches of the site. There is no need to suspect Macavity116 of secretly plotting to write a non-Stellaris story invade another AAR forum. Please look away. ;)

Mad props and many congrats @Nikolai!

• 4Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
There is no need to suspect Macavity116 of secretly plotting to write a non-Stellaris story invade another AAR forum.
Ah so you are doing a Star Trek Infinite story.
DYAEiOu.gif

In any event, richly deserved congratulations to @Nikolai for his tale of the cursed Line of Alexios

• 4Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Another deserving nod, @Nikolai. Well done!

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Nikolai !

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Oh this looks excellent. Love alternative histories of Britain in the 17th century – too few and far between! Congratulations @ageofadelina!

(And belated congrats @Nikolai! :D)

• 6Like
Reactions:
As happens surprisingly often I agree with DB, this does indeed look like an excellent work in a field that too few chose to write in.

A fine choice and congratulations indeed to @ageofadelina

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions: