• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheBritishOnion

Recruit
32 Badges
Jul 9, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
1941: UK AAR
"What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over ... the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilisation. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour." - Winston Churchill

KZFYIQZ.jpg

First of all, before we start welcome to my first AAR on the Paradox Forums so sorry if I get some formatting wrong or if its a bit short for the first post however I hope you enjoy.

Mods

Expanded Start Dates
Sensible Country Names

Part 1: Preparation

First of all, the United Kingdom is in a struggling position at the onset of Operation Barbarossa. Despite winning the Battle Of Britain the UK must now fight in North Africa, standing alone against the combined might of a Occupied Europe.
vRt9nRg.png

As you can see the Allied Powers have a lot of catching up to do to the Axis Powers, with the Allies being at a severe disadvantage at this point in the war.

Zo9WXX5.png

So the first focus I began to do was the "Protect Suez" focus, I did this purely because I was expecting to be pushed all the way back to the Suez if Italy dedicated as much divisions as it could. For me holding the Suez at all costs was pivotal to my success.
s18K1BJ.jpg

I then began to dedicate all my spare Civilian Factories to building military factories only. At this point in time the UK already had more than enough Civilian Factories so I believed it was time to propel Great Britain into a fully war-focused economy
f45VU8R.jpg

The next thing I did was to withdraw from the London Naval treaty, I did this primarily so I could build ships of the same magnitude as Germany was doing and hopefully beat them in the Naval war.
VyFDjVt.png

I then picked what my researches would be, I obviously picked to further the UK's Infantry and Armored technology as well as Artillery and to adapt new doctrines, I knew that Medium Tanks especially would be necessary to win the North African front.
m4wEW1L.png

Within a week of the game starting Germany launched Operation Barbarossa against the USSR, I can only hope the Russians hold as right now I have barely any equipment for my own Armies, nevermind the Soviets.
vRYuqhD.png

My first initial offensive of the North African front has begun, so far I have only encountered these two Italian Infantry Divisions, and have begun pushing into Italian Libya.
yJKYuyV.png

As I began to push deeper into Libya I decided to pull in some reinforcements from the isles, however a great portion (at least 15%) where lost to German submarines, causing a horrifying 40K casualties.
DN6jSdJ.png

To end of the first part of this AAR I decided to enact the lease of the Azore islands from the Portugese, which I plan to use in the future to defend convoys coming to England from the USA.

subbed

subbed

Welcome to AAR writing

The next thing I did was to withdraw from the London Naval treaty,

???

Why on earth would the British wait until year three into the war to stop limiting their own ship building? In this time line, they clearly deserve to be losing.

???

Why on earth would the British wait until year three into the war to stop limiting their own ship building? In this time line, they clearly deserve to be losing.
Traditionally at this point I would blame Paradox. However (for once) this isn't on them. It's the modders fault. Hopefully they also threw in some accelerated ship building, because it's a bit late to be laying down battleship hulls if you want them to make a difference.

Azores will be handy, good work grabbing those from Portugal.

Traditionally at this point I would blame Paradox. However (for once) this isn't on them. It's the modders fault. Hopefully they also threw in some accelerated ship building, because it's a bit late to be laying down battleship hulls if you want them to make a difference.

Azores will be handy, good work grabbing those from Portugal.

Yes, especially as the battle for the Atlantic is going to be very important here. The sooner you win that, the better.