• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(OOC: I cant help but think that before all is said and done, we end up seeing the Commune of France pop up, even if for a brief time. I just don't know why )
Well, if there were an option to cast vote for CGT - I would gladly support it :) But since CGT mantain their syndycalist ideals, and still boycott elections, I will upheld my last choice and vote for SFIO. I may not be reformist, but democratic centralism and red terror of bolshevik regime clearly shows the true social revolutionaries the right choice.

Vote SFIO to upheld true ideals of democratic revolutionary republic!

I totally disagree with you. The AF haven't any chance to be in a government this election. A vote for AF is a lost vote. The PRD have a chance to form a coalition with the radicals and then, block the reds

It is imposible to form any goverment now. Well, it is actually possible to create a coalition between PRD, Radicals and SFIO, but such coalition have no future. It is going to brake apart in two weeks. AF is not going to cooperate with Radicals nor it is going to cooperate with SFIO I belive. PCF will not participate in a goverment with bourgeoisie parties, so we are going to have interesting times now. Even SFIO-PCF coalition will have no majority. Together AF and PRD are the strongest force in Assembly and can't be simply ignored. Radicals - even if we dislike them have some common sense and realise that they cannot form any goverment with communists, becouse deals with communists... are very unstable.

Which reminds me other question. What about the president? I think he is going to be a key figure in such draw.

We have a couple of options for President.

Depending on the route that Alfred-Georges Gressent (Georges Valois) went in this timeline, he could either be a member of the AF (highly likely considering their popularity ITTL) or a Syndicalist intellectual. However, unless he's dead, I think that the best candidate for president would be Jean Juares, who started as a Radical and then became the leader of the moderate Social Democratic faction which combined with the revolutionaries to form the SFIO).

Now, we need to ask ourselves what planks such a coalition would have. But to ask which planks we would have we need to first ask what France's problems are. To me our biggest threat is international revolutionism, of both the Monarchist/Fascist and Bolshevik blends. I think that we can weaken these Revolutionary movements by satisfying the Real demands they are asking for--namely (in the case of the Bolsheviks) a more equitable and democratic society. To this end, I can see 3 main planks the coalition could build itself around--

-Antimilitarism (Which is not a relatively difficult proposition--we can weaken international Bolshevism by supporting Social Democratic movements in other countries--a question; who is in charge of Germany right now? If its the SPD is in charge we can move for some sort of treaty with them, or better yet, an alliance. But in the case of less developed countries [Poland, Spain, Yugoslavia], if we created some sort of Social Democratic Internationale with the aim of educating foreign social democrats, we could weaken the strength of international Communism).
-Greater Democracy within France (some sort of representation for workers communes, as well as a decentralization of authority, giving more power to local governments?)
-Direct funding for government-controlled infrastructure and heavy industries, and accepting the unionization of the public sector.

PRD

I hope the window of opportunity to do something about Poland is not entirely closed. If it is our government has made a terrible strategic mistake if it isn't we must act now. The AF can do nothing in the current parliamentary situation so I hope the PRD can influence the coming government in the right direction. A strong allied Poland would be our greatest strategic asset, a buffer against the Soviets and an anvil against German revanchists.

We should also build relations with an Asian power, preferably China, to gain a future ally on the eastern flank of the Soviets. The manpower of China is more important for that purpose than the naval strength of Japan. Strengthening Kuomintang China and aiding in its unification would also serve a humanitarian purpose since stability would bring economic growth and save millions from starvation.

Last edited:
Bunch of recent votes. :)

Here's a poll:

Total Vote: 40 (an increase of 5!)

PCF: 10
Radicals: 9
SFIO: 8
AF: 8
PRD: 5

Anyway, I really wanted to ask a question to those of you who have talked about your desire for Bonapartism. Is it the political ideas of Bonapartism that you would like to see present, or is it just the shiny shiny of a man with the surname Bonaparte with lots of nice clothes and a pretty crown that you want? Ive been thinking about political developments over the course of the 20s so want to check what it actually is you're pining for. :)

Polls close tomorrow morning.

I'm not a supporter of Bonapartism, but I wouldn't mind a Bonaparte on the throne.

PRD
I hope the window of opportunity to do something about Poland is not entirely closed. If it is our government has made a terrible strategic mistake if it isn't we must act now. The AF can do nothing in the current parliamentary situation so I hope the PRD can influence the coming government in the right direction. A strong allied Poland would be our greatest strategic asset, a buffer against the Soviets and an anvil against German revanchists.
We should also build relations with an Asian power, preferably China, to gain a future ally on the eastern flank of the Soviets. The manpower of China is more important for that purpose than the naval strength of Japan. Strengthening Kuomintang China and aiding in its unification would also serve a humanitarian purpose since stability would bring economic growth and save millions from starvation.

Well, the government which caused France several diplomatic failures, such as the Rhineland and Polish questions, which may as well cause our nation serious problems in the future, was led by the Bloc Nationale, for which you voted. The main party of the BN was the PRD, for which you're voting now. I'm not trying to start a political war here, I'm just trying to convince you to change your vote to a different party, like the Radical.

I agree that we should build relations with China, even if not for the same reasons, as I don't think we need a war with the soviets. France and other major western powers have already caused a lot of damage in China, and now it's a good time to foment a different kind of partnership with the chinese, one of mutual benefit. Thus we'll create a grateful ally that will serve as a counterweight to the growing influence of Japan in the east. Because we have parted ways with the British, Japan is no longer an option as an ally in the Far East, since they are longtime friends of the UK.

Let's have a Bonaparte on the United throne of France, Britain (and Ireland), and Spain. And may we spread the ideals of Bonapartism across the world.

All Hail the Western Empire!
God Save the Emperor!

We have a couple of options for President.

Depending on the route that Alfred-Georges Gressent (Georges Valois) went in this timeline, he could either be a member of the AF (highly likely considering their popularity ITTL) or a Syndicalist intellectual. However, unless he's dead, I think that the best candidate for president would be Jean Juares, who started as a Radical and then became the leader of the moderate Social Democratic faction which combined with the revolutionaries to form the SFIO).

Now, we need to ask ourselves what planks such a coalition would have. But to ask which planks we would have we need to first ask what France's problems are. To me our biggest threat is international revolutionism, of both the Monarchist/Fascist and Bolshevik blends. I think that we can weaken these Revolutionary movements by satisfying the Real demands they are asking for--namely (in the case of the Bolsheviks) a more equitable and democratic society. To this end, I can see 3 main planks the coalition could build itself around--

-Antimilitarism (Which is not a relatively difficult proposition--we can weaken international Bolshevism by supporting Social Democratic movements in other countries--a question; who is in charge of Germany right now? If its the SPD is in charge we can move for some sort of treaty with them, or better yet, an alliance. But in the case of less developed countries [Poland, Spain, Yugoslavia], if we created some sort of Social Democratic Internationale with the aim of educating foreign social democrats, we could weaken the strength of international Communism).
-Greater Democracy within France (some sort of representation for workers communes, as well as a decentralization of authority, giving more power to local governments?)
-Direct funding for government-controlled infrastructure and heavy industries, and accepting the unionization of the public sector.

I endorse this program.

And the Polls are closed.

Results

Total Vote: 43

PCF: 12
SFIO: 9
Radicals: 9
Action Francaise: 8
PRD: 4

A grand coalition of the constitutional parties (SFIO-Radicals-PRD) is formed.

Well, the government which caused France several diplomatic failures, such as the Rhineland and Polish questions, which may as well cause our nation serious problems in the future, was led by the Bloc Nationale, for which you voted. The main party of the BN was the PRD, for which you're voting now. I'm not trying to start a political war here, I'm just trying to convince you to change your vote to a different party, like the Radical.

The main reason for the failures of our country since the end of the war is the political instability caused by the extremist parties. If the situation at home had been more peaceful we could have acted more forcefully abroad and been able to deterr german brinksmanship in the rhineland. The Bloc Nationale did what they could within the current circumstances and no other government could have managed better. But still, mistakes were made that I hope we can rectify in the future. I believe the PRD, if given enough support, could have accomplished that. And that is more than I can say about any other party.

Results
A grand coalition of the constitutional parties (SFIO-Radicals-PRD) is formed.

The best government we could realistically have hoped for. I guess this means we're going doveish and isolationist in foreign policy and let the Soviets overrun Europe, but hopefully we'll get some peace and reconstruction at home. Time to build IC and/or devalue the currency to boost industrial efficiency.

Last edited: