• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE ON PREVIOUS PAGE

It is well that Solidarity has been outflanked by the National Party, though I'm not sure the politics of the right will ultimately extricate Poland from her present position. Still, it would be well if some of the more egregious impositions of the Treaty of Isfahan were rolled back to remove some of the resentments that are fueling this present wave of reactionary populism. Liberal internationalism seems likely to have been discredited to Poland's neighbors, so an acceptance of the status-quo/annexation by the Europeans feels like it might be off the table for now. It would perhaps be best if the world's eyes were drawn elsewhere where Poland would feel like a potential asset and viable partner for rapprochement.

The nationalist right is continuing its resurgence in the Polish world, with the National Party still building up momentum. The shock of a prime ministerial assassination (our first since David Israel in the 1870s!) will surely have a major political impact. Emma Spas had personally played a huge role in holding liberal power together, we shall see if her successors can do the same.

Internationally, the failure to stop the Polish-backed rebels conquering huge swathes of the Baltic has set up a clear flag that the Isfahan Order will not been enforced unconditionally. And it is the Asian powers who are now looking hungrily at how they might exploit this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A dramatic end to what has been an extraordinary political career. I can easily see the Kadets becoming junior partners to Petras' National Party in the wake of this, completing a turn to a center-right government. That said, if the Kadets are unwilling to assist in fulfilling what I believe to the NP's main policy goal in annexing the UBR, perhaps we'll see a more complete right-wing turn. I am encouraged by the possible resurgence of the PopDems and of DemSocs in Europe more broadly, though it remains to be seen what will result from this, if anything. A new generation of leadership seems likely, regardless, with the sudden decapitation of Polish government. I am also suitably alarmed at the far-right alignments of post-colonial east and south Asia. Perhaps this is precisely what Poland needs to rehabilitate its image, however.

The nationalist right is continuing its resurgence in the Polish world, with the National Party still building up momentum. The shock of a prime ministerial assassination (our first since David Israel in the 1870s!) will surely have a major political impact. Emma Spas had personally played a huge role in holding liberal power together, we shall see if her successors can do the same.
The assasination of a well respected prime minister, who has a track record of asserting Jewish interests against the Ishfahan order, by a ethnic minority terrorist group will only further embolden the nationalist right. The annexation of the UBR is 100% coming up, as well as a more assertive policy towards the Crimea

Reactions:
i know it sounds strange but i feel poland and jews in general tired tired of all this radicalism it's like judaism is dying like it lost all its vitality it's like an old reactionary dinosaur you know compared to otl the jews literally created a civilization not I know why I feel that he is dying the sad thing is that they fulfilled everything they returned to their land thanks to yaroslav they rebuilt the third temple and without offending everything has been Russian history and all I see now is old age Judaism is dying in a certain way nietzsche yavhe is dead and the jews the jewish poles killed him after 1000 years of civilization polish jewish is an old man who cannot accept that his time is over and that is Perhaps the greatest irony removing the ethnic cultural component Judaism is dying after all its adversaries They are reduced to a reactionary shell and I know it will sound strange but when I look at this I feel that Yavhe is no longer with them

Still reading to catch up and I must say, besides the good, thrilling writing and content so fully loaded with a wide spectrum of political ideologies seldomly seen and nearly never seen so creatively juggled with... heck, it also has been a long time since I needed to look up the meaning of so many words, quite educational, you are widening my British vocabulary by a lot. You are British and not from the US, I guess? And with so many norman/french-rooted vocabulary... upper class and/or Oxbridge PPE educated?

edit: O well, how could I have missed that: "Tommy4ever" as a forum nickname should had given me a hint on which continent or rather country to place you *grin
But isn't "Tommy" rather an expression coined by the Germans?

[Sorry, for commenting on posts older than 2 years... couldn't help myself]
[still 1941-42] In just a few months the International had completely reversed all of the Allied continental gains of 1941.
I am amazed about the AI... both ways: The Allied successfully landings and sweep as much as about the decisive counter-attack of the revolutionary forces. Are this really the standard AI-files?
And how did you manage to initiate this multitude of revolts across the globe firing up again and again?

The International’s desperate situation grew fatal at the end of April 1943 when the Americans launched a large invasion of the Low Countries – opening up a third front in continental Europe and pouring hundreds of thousands into the fight to destroy the revolution once and for all.
Arrgh, noooo!

Last edited:
What a sad end to Spas's reign, it surely will embolden Polish nationalism!

Reactions: