• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was actually around this time I realised I had all these ''SS Adolf Hitler'' and ''Hermann Goring'' divisions :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn't remember to change them though.

ABout the naval war: I didn't pay much attention but it looks llike there were frequent large battle with the Royal Navy slowly gaining a better position in the Med whilst faring better against the French Atlantic and Channel fleets. But smaller French fleets still roam the area.

I think the first thing you can do is change the names of the SS divisions, to ones honouring Imperial Germany.

Anyways, good luck, I'm a tad surprised that France launched an attack, as I think you were too.

Anyways, a batch of good updates, I'm wondering what you are going to do after you annex the Southern nations of the Comintern.

One radical idea is a Slavic Empire, in-game this would be a Royal Yugoslavia.

Or you could just keep it.:D

Any naval actions of your own? Maybe your subs can cut off French and Belgian supplies to their African colonies.

Last edited:
The Battle of the Rhine

untitled48.jpg

After the French army secured the Eastern bank of the Rhine on October 24th they instantly launched offensives against the Alpine territory of Friedrichshafen and the great industrial centre of Stuttgart. As the region’s garrisons were routed the defenders of the German defensive line in the Saar launched a flanking attack into the Alsace-Lorraine with the plan of trapping the entire French invasion force East of the Rhine.

untitled49.jpg

By October 27th the operation in Italy had been fully accomplished with minimal losses. The success of the operation has lead planners to consider even further advances to capture yet more of the dwindling Italian industrial base.

untitled50.jpg

Along the Eastern Front all Red Army offensives were repulsed, with the exception of the attack on the forests of Suwalki. Here the Soviets had launched an attack involving some 50 divisions and despite a fierce defense the Germans were forced to withdraw. But the forest would not be successfully occupied for over a fortnight as German counterattacks led to reoccupation before the Soviets plunge for forces into the battle forcing a German retreat. Eventually the Riechswehr could no longer take the mounting casualties had decided to abandon the region, the only pre war German territory in the east to have been lost to the initial attack.

untitled51.jpg

The City of Strasbourg was occupied by German troops for the first time since the Great War on October 29th, the troops then launched an immediate attack further south into the Alpine regions to cut of the French invasion force. They continued to meet very little resistance brushing aside what the French could send against them. Even the hopes of briefly halting the French advance east of the Rhine failed as the French continued to advance deeper into Germany.

gib.jpg

On the 30th of October the rock of Gibraltar fell to the overwhelming forces of Spain’s Communists. This was a decisive blow to Britain’s naval ambitions in the Mediterranean as now a trip around Africa and through the Suez was necessary to get additional units into the ongoing battle for the Mediterranean. Now with their main objective achieved Spain began to send more and more of its troops to Italy and France to face the armies of Germany.

untitled53fail.jpg

After the French invaders reached the city of Stuttgart their advance was instantly halted to deal with the attempted encirclement through made by Germany. The small German force was easily evicted from the small area of French territory they occupied but the attack would turn out to be a major disaster for Germany as the French forces continued their offensive into another important industrial region, the Saar.

@ Maj von Mauser

I wont be able to change the SS names as Im about a year on in the game.

Your right I really was shocked by the French attack, I thought they might attack through Belgium (thats why i had larger garrisons there) but never did I think they'd come out form behind the Maginot Line

For now I will annex my conquests as I'm desperate for IC butI do have a few plans for Yugoslavia and was planning to let the readers decide :D

My navy is pretty pathetic (built nothing new since start of game) and I have just used it to keep myself in control of the Baltic, anything can beat the Soviet fleet :p

Hopefully a combined offensive from Nurembourg and and the Saar will get the French out of Baden-Wurttemburg

Yikes, you have a problem there.

Even though it is too late, I'd tell you to move some troops up from Italy.

Fall Braun Progresses

Although many had called for the abandoning of Fall Braun in favour of sending armoured forces to push the French out of German territories it was decided that the operation should continue as reinforcements would soon arrive in the West.

untitled54.jpg

Through early November Fall Braun would be heavily modified mainly due to the failure of the Northern arm of the attack to take Budapest. As infantry was drawn into Hungary to guard against a Hungarian attack Erich Von Manstein’s Panzerarmee was sent back towards force the surrender of the Yugoslavian army there (around two thirds their entire army). During this time the Southern arm of the attack continued to find great successes as the motorised infantry in Dalmatia brushed aside what little resistance it encountered and proceeded well ahead of schedule. Model’s armoured core had a much harder time facing some of the strongest resistance the Yugoslavs had left on their ride into the capital city of Belgrade, which they arrived in on November 3rd. In the face of this German advance Tito fled with his government to the Macedonian highlands. However a swift Yugoslav counterattack was able to completely surround the city, cutting the Panzers off from supply and threatening to retake the national capital. Fearing the loss of such a valuable force Heinz Guderian’s armoured forces were turned south to relieve the German in Belgrade and to allow them to continue their offensive. This action however would leave just one of the previous three Panzerarmees in Hungary effectively abandoning all hope of an offensive in the area.

untitled55turin.jpg

In Italy in light of the great success of the early operations and the defeats suffered to the North the German General Student hatched an ambitious plan that would give total control of Northern Italy to the Reichswehr and force the French to bring significant forces South to deal with a threat of invasion thus taking pressure off the German forces at the Rhine. Student himself would lead a force of Mountaineers through the French Alpine territories to the port of Nice whilst a secondary offensive would be launched at La Spezia. Then the Italian and French forces in Genoa would be forced to surrender thus securing an easily defensible position with the French made Alpine Wall followed up by similar Italian fortifications blocking the arrival of more Comintern troops to Italy and a small defensible territory across the Italian peninsula. The operation received considerable support from the RAF, Canadian air force and from Luftwaffe Stuka dive bombers.

untitled56.jpg

Meanwhile by Only a few days after the fear of disaster at Belgrade Fall Braun was in full swing once more. As Guderian had broken through the Yugoslav line to allow fuel and supplies to return to Model’s corps which were instantly sent on a long push towards the Macedonian highlands were Tito was now based, they were expected to arrive towards the end of November. On November 6th the German Motorised infantry army had arrived in Sarajevo and were instantly sent Northwards towards to assist in the campaign in Hungary paying little attention to the remnants of the Yugoslavian Army which had ceased to function as a cohesive unit. But the greatest mass capitulation of the war to date was celebrated on November 9th as over 25 Yugoslav division lay down their arms in Slovenia in the face of the strength of German armour.

manst.jpg

Von Manstein surveys the final push before the Yugoslav surrender in Slovenia.

Two little tips: Group your Armoured Divisions differently. 2:1, i.e Two Armoured for one Motorized Divisions, and you get a nifty combined Arms combat bonus. Secondly: You can rename your units by klicking in their names, or in case of single Divisions, by clicking on their Icon and then on the name.

Other wise very good. Go Germany!

The next update will concern my response to the French invaision, nothing really exciting happened in the Battle for the Rhine during this period and alot did in the Southern fronts. But the Battle will become much more interesting in the West. And I wont be making any vents to give me more divisions :rofl:

@ Slaughts: If I remember right the French had around 15 full strength divisions in Stuttgart at this point so my terribly understrength 10 wouldn't have managed a counter atack although I did try

@ Maj von Mauser: has you can see I came up with a difffernt way of helping with my Italian troops :D

Looks like 'slavia gave you a bit of trouble there.:D

I like your plan for Italy and Southern France

@ Teep: :eek:o you caught me. The von Manstien pic is from somewhere in the Ukraine (not sure when). I just thought it looked good :)

@ trekaddict: I know how to change the names its just when I forst noticed it I couldn't be bothered to go change them as I was engrossed in the action (and worried that it was all going wrong) and later forgot. You might see them suddenly change in late 1941 though ....
Also since Germany gets some uber Panzer Leaders I always like to give the best ones their own Panzer armies with 6 tank divisions (later an HQ may be added) once the best leaders are used I will start making the smaller combined units. I also really like having the extreemly strong, extreemly fast Panzer armies for making large armoured pushes whilst the smaller corps will be slower.

Finally I have noticed that I forgot to take screenshots of my Italian campaign. So I will probably have to give you a simple written description

Wacht am Rhine

untitled57opperationhomeland.jpg

When the newly trained divisions were called up in early November they were split into two groups. One small force would garrison the vital city of Frankfurt whilst a larger group was put under the command of General Fleck, a veteran of the Great War and recently came out of retirement. On November 11th the operation known as Wacht am Rhine was begun; the objective was simple to end the French advance on the Eastern Bank and retake Stuttgart. This all started with the bloody battle of Friedrichshafen which saw a decisive German victory.

untitled59sttutgartback.jpg

The initial plan had been to have a significant time to regroup before moving on to the main objective of Stuttgart but a French counter offensive forced everything to be sped up. The French army had strongly attacked the Saar and overwhelmed the defenders of the region forcing a retreat Northwards. In the face of this the attack on Stuttgart was launched much earlier than hoped but proved to be a great success as a larger French army was beaten back Westward. The French army had now been beaten back and their attempt to take Germany’s vital industry in the West had largely failed. The French would not be ready for another attack for many months by which time the German defences could be significantly bolstered. Despite the loss of the Saar the German High Command in West considered Wacht am Rhine a great success.

Gebirgsjager-07.jpg

Gebirgsjäger on their advance through the French Alps

The advance of the German mountaineer divisions through the French Alps to Nice was swift and met minimal resistance. Contrastingly the assault on the territory of La Spezia saw a terribly draining battle as 12 German divisions faced around 18 French and Italian divisions. The battle was only won thanks to a massive bombing campaign from the German, British and Canadian airforces that rattled the Comintern forces. Despite the losses by late November the initial objectives had been secured, now only the port of Genoa stood between the Reichswehr Italian front and a great victory, yet this city was heavily defended, occupied by some 23 divisions and the German troops were in no condition to launch another major offensive. After waiting a few days to regroup the Germans launched their first attack on the port from both Wet and East but were eventually forced back. By this time most of the RAF forces in Italy had been sent elsewhere (likely Africa) by the British and the Canadian bombers had changed their focus to bombing Italian cities so the massive air support enjoyed during the attack on La Spezia had been lost. After a series of ever more desperate assaults it was cleat that Genoa would hold. This would leave the Mountain troops in Nice in a very vulnerable position so they were ordered on another march through the French Alps back to the City of Turin where they would hold their position. Meanwhile the troops in La Spezia would attempt to hold their own in the face of an ever larger Comintern presence in the region as French and Spanish troops began to arrive form the West.

untitledjugowin.jpg

On November the 28th Model’s Panzerarmee arrived in the city of Skopje, it was here where the Yugoslav government had attempted to hold on and it was here where the officials who had not fled to neighbouring states had signed the Yugoslav surrender, Tito was not amongst them. The former Premier of Yugoslavia and fled to Italy via Albania where he begged for assistance in reclaiming his lost homeland. The defeat of the first Comintern state in less than a month of war was an impressive feat and now gave a clear message of the might of the Riechswehr to the rest of the world, all military division in the Balkans were now sent towards the Hungarian frontline as they look to break though the heavy defences set up there.

untitled60gbtheatreeuropenonumber.jpg

The British and Commonwealth performance in the war to date had been relatively strong. Although they had failed to take advantage of the small troop numbers in the French Colonies in Asia with any form of attack there they had made gains in their active theatre of war: Africa and the Middle East. By the end of November the Italians had been effectively beaten in east Africa and British forces advanced at will there, a tiny British force of barely a single Colonial divisions had simply bypassed the large Italian army on the Libyan-Egyptian border and made significant gains on the Italians procession, in the Middle East the British troops based in Palestine combined with the Iraqi army had taken Damascus and the strategic Golan Heights and victory now looks certain there too. However in West Africa the absence of any major British force had led to significant defeats as the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Northern Ghana and Northern areas of Nigeria were now all under French control. But most significantly the strategically vital fortress at Gibraltar had been lost and as a result the Royal Navy was forced to abandon hopes of an aggressive campaign in the Western Mediterranean.

Glad to see the Yugoslavs fall. Britain needs to pick up the pace in the colonies, they're letting poor Germany do all the work in Europe anyway, so they should have spare troops to send to Africa...

Good udpate, gald to see old Tittie has been ousted from power.

Hopefully the forces freed will prove decisive on other fronts.