• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribed! I'm Brasilian, and I'm really looking foward for your conquest of South America!

Welcome! And you are right, conquest of South America is in its way, at least Spanish South America, I don't want conflicts with Portugal for the moment.

Nice first war, I take the Spaniards didn't have many forts in Peru either :) Until what year are you planning to play?

Great to have you onboard! The Spaniards had just two or three forts and those were built during the war. However, I now inherit all those unforted provinces, which I have to fortify before rebels start popping out here and there. The game will continue until the end of the timeframe (1919) or until I have achieved my goals.

Beating Spain? Count me in :D

Spain is just the beggining ;), but there will be more wars against them.

Nice job taking them provinces.

Thanks!

Holy shit! :eek: (pardon the expression)
I didn't know they could (or even want to) give up so many of them! Well done!

I was surprised as well, but the Spanish American provinces were only 2% worth each in the war score, so that's how I managed to take so much of them.

I like those new borders. :)

I'm sure you'll like more the borders after a couple more of wars ;)

Fantastic work. Count me in for the ride.

Vann

Thanks and welcome!

If the Spanish had managed to land serious reinforcements, you'd have been sunk; good job!

Perhaps, but that's what I have the Royal Navy force, to sink any approaching enemy vessel :D

Thanks everyone for the comments! Expect an update tomorrow.

There is a messup with some of the pictures.
Two of them show the same thing

Looking great so far. Looks like you have a decent treasury to fortify with, at least.

That's right. Thanks to my tech level and some improvements I can mint a bit without worrying about inflation.

There is a messup with some of the pictures.
Two of them show the same thing

:eek:o Yes, something I forget the photobucket link doesn't autocopy, so I put the same. It's been fixed now, though.

I am here!
Where is the next update? :p

That's a freaking lot of provinces!
How big was the WE of Spain after that beating?

I was wondering when you would show up :p Yes, I got 20+ provinces from Spain. I didn't check their WE. I hope to have the update ready this evening.

Impressive. Though with a lot of provinces with no forts it's easy to conquer quickly. I think Portugal will be a thougher nut to crack as long as there's no big Brazil to break away from the motherland.

looks great so far the United South American Republic very nice, are there plans to continue this into Vicky or some such

Not at all. Thanks to WWM I can play all the way to 1919 and I hope I have achieved my goals by then.

Impressive. Though with a lot of provinces with no forts it's easy to conquer quickly. I think Portugal will be a thougher nut to crack as long as there's no big Brazil to break away from the motherland.

Exactly, with no forts and the main army in Spain, it was a cakewalk, but the rest, from Mexico to Argentina will be much more difficult.

Update coming!

III. The Eagle from the North

Now that the war with Spain is over, I have to start fortyfing all those brand new provinces, which have around 8% of revolt risk, enough to trigger a disaster if I don't act quickly. So forts start sprouting all across Peru. I'm still thinking who could be an easy target to continue my expansion when this happens:

35.jpg

That's not very nice from the Mexicans

Aha! An insult! They just gave me a free casus belli and a year to prepare my army. Because the Mexicans have a formidable army: 121,000 men, while I barely have around 35,000. However, we have a year after all to correct this and get ready to face them. I start recruiting lots of troops. The Mexicans keep provoking me with another insult and a trade embargo. It seems as they are screaming "Declare war on me! Declare war on me!". I sign an alliance with the Peruvians. Mexico is allied with Argentina and I need support south. On december, 1827, our great leader Simón Bolívar dies and a new consul is elected:

37.jpg

He has good military skills. That will be useful against the Mexicans. Meanwhile, I have some rebel trouble near the border with Argentina, but my two armies there are able to control it. As I check my ledgers, I stumble across something interesting and worrying: everyone got's a casus belli against me. Quickly, I go to my overview and discover the reason:

38.jpg

The acquisition of all those Spanish provinces didn't come without a cost and here are the results: I'm way past my BB limit and it isn't lowering fast enough. I'll have to do something quickly about it and postpone my war with Mexico... wait, what?

39.jpg

It seems the Mexicans don't like the idea of being at peace for some more years and they take the matter into their hands. Portugal, who was guaranteeing me, joins my side, while Argentina sides with Mexico. The Brits cower and don't support, same thing for Peru.

40.jpg

On paper, we have a largest army than theirs, but the bulk of the Portugal forces is stuck in Brazil and I don't think they will bring all of it, while I have my army divided between the Northern Front in Panamá/Costa Rica and the Southern Front, in the border with Argentina.

41.jpg

That image reflects what I intend to do: blitzkrieg across Mexico's southern provinces before they can bring enough reinforcements to contain and try to get a couple of provinces. Chorotega easily falls to the assault of my troops and I move forward to Nicaragua. In the mean, I sign an alliance with the Netherlands. I leave Mosquito alone, English patriots will keep the Mexican army busy. From Nicaragua, I divide my army betwen Pipil and Honduras. My two cavalry armies are defeated in Honduras:

43.jpg

It's in Pipil where all my armies regroup and make a stand agains the upcoming Mexican army:

44.jpg

Two good news: I win at Pipil and after a quick attack against Argentina's border provinces, I manage to get a white peace with them, thus, around 20,000 troops will be shipped to California, which should be undefended.

45.jpg

46.jpg

However, as I advance to Guatemala, my two cavalry armies are wipped out and thousands and thousands of Mexican troops keep coming. If I don't do something quickly, all of my Central American armies will be long gone before I can even blink. How I would wish the US declared war on the Mexicans. But that won't happen, so I take the easy way out:

47.jpg

For 25 ducats, I prevented a bigger disaster. This war taught one thing: I'm not ready to face Mexico. I must get a bigger army and take the other South American nations before I go back against Mexico. I sign a formal alliance with Portugal, after the war we fought together. Now it's time to do something about my BB. I dismiss my three current advisors, and hire three very good diplomats, á la PrawnStar:

49.jpg

Thanks to my best advisor, I get a superb event, exactly what I need right now:

50.jpg

Now I'm below the BB limit. Elections come and it's time to pick a new ruler. I choose the diplomat one of course but...

51.jpg

It could had been worse, at least, with all and his terrible stats, he has a better diplomat attribute than my previous ruler and I my BB limit is now in 20. But still, I have to bring it down before I got to war against someone else. My army keeps growing until I get to the limit: 104,000 troops. But still, Mexico has an army of 149,000 troops and I don't think the Portuguese and Dutch could be of great help. At least I have been guaranteed by Great Britain, so I'll wait until Mexico decides to attack again. Meanwhile, I must look for a new target.

Next chapter: IV. Arabian Wars

If you selected the diplomat ruler in election than that ruler is the worst you can possibly get!

Of course, each province you took from Spain was 1BB :rolleyes: I hope you don't have the same problem when you go to the supermarket, putting things in the trolley without looking at the price tag until it's too late :D

:eek:

Lucky for you the Mexicans decided to take the measly ducats. I've had to deal with a more stubborn AI's in some of my games. That was game over. Now hope that they leave you alone and don't interfere too much in your South American affairs. But if they're allied to Argentina, then that might be a problem

If you selected the diplomat ruler in election than that ruler is the worst you can possibly get!

Yes. It was through election. I wanted a good diplomat ruler to help with BB and that's what I get :eek:o At least I don't have to wait until he dies.

Of course, each province you took from Spain was 1BB :rolleyes: I hope you don't have the same problem when you go to the supermarket, putting things in the trolley without looking at the price tag until it's too late :D

Yes. Very stupid from me. Usually I don't take that much provinces, so I never worry about BB, should be more careful now.

Arabian wars?!?!
:rofl:

Yes! You'll see in the next update what this is all about. On a side note, let's remember that there was Arabian immigration to Colombia and Venezuela during the XIXth Century ;)

Lucky for you the Mexicans decided to take the measly ducats. I've had to deal with a more stubborn AI's in some of my games. That was game over. Now hope that they leave you alone and don't interfere too much in your South American affairs. But if they're allied to Argentina, then that might be a problem

There are always ways to get around those type of alliances and guarantees. And if not, I'll beat them next time. I really hope the US puts the Manifest Destiny in motion now.

Who cares about BB this late in the game? :rofl:
You could have won Mejico, with your human brains. :rolleyes:

México, Enewald, México :) Perhaps I could, but I was fighting on their land, where they could bring troops more quicker, and I was already suffering from the rebellions in Bolivia and the possibilty of someone jumping into the bandwagon, taking advantage of my BB.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I hope to have the update ready between today and tomorrow.

Nice advisors :)

Will you be attacking Chile next?

I'll be watching :)