• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you should use this song in the next channel pact trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRBxR-fxq0
the one which starts at 1:32

Or this beautiful one.

Great suggestions, but as we've said before no new videos have been planned for the channel pact (ie there will be no more extra parts to chronicles, chronicles was intended only to get people up to speed from the first half of the AAR, this second half doesn't need one). There might, however, be a digital remastering of the old TCP trailer (remember her? Made in Windows Movie maker in 12 minutes. aah the times we had :D)

Also, I'm taking the tshirt discussion to RTCB, go check there if you want to see my concepts

Cheers,
Vince

you know, for someone who posts at least once per half, TRP sfould have another 2 updates out by now. but no. all we have is tshirt talk and narrator talk. me want to get back to destroying channel pact carriers!

I went to TRP's thread and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

I went to TRP's thread and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
Lousy... my heart, she's breaking.
:D

you know, for someone who posts at least once per half, TRP sfould have another 2 updates out by now. but no. all we have is tshirt talk and narrator talk. me want to get back to destroying channel pact carriers!
Yeah we're all annoyed by my incompetence to update on time. ;)

One last history update, then we can get back to getting swamped in USN carriers... :(

-L

Fleet Admiral De Nil often managed to outwit his French enemies and trap a large part of their fleet. In the meanwhile, a second offensive was launched from Gibraltar on French Morocco and Tunisia by a new special detachment of the Royal Army that had been set up after the Second Colonial War.

This detachment consisted only of the most battle-hardened soldiers, who infiltrated deep into enemy territory to cause havoc and disrupt communications. The vast and open deserts of Algeria and Tunisia turned out to be perfect proving grounds for the newly formed Special Air Service, who managed to pull off victory after victory against French forces. On the 27th of June 1927 a single SAS brigade had managed to infiltrate the enemy city of Tunis, and cause so much havoc it made the defenders believe they were facing a citizen uprising, and spontaneously retreat.
This brigade was a special branch of the army led by a personal friend of Oswald Mosley, and was known as the 7th Special Air Service “Ironsides” Brigade, or short “The Ironsides”, a reference to the undefeatable army of Oliver Cromwell in 1644.

The Third Colonial War proved to be disastrous for the French, as an enormous part of their fleet was destroyed, their offensive in Egypt stopped and large parts of their African colonies occupied by British forces. Desperately, the French signed a white peace and promised to cease all further hostilities in the future. The Treaty of Cherbourg signaled the end of the Colonial Wars, and a normalization in Anglo-French relations.

The absolute British victory in the Third Colonial War brought much fame to the Congressman Oswald Mosley, to whom many attributed the victory thanks to his quick reaction and smart wits. His popularity grew so much, in fact, that he decided to vie for the seat of Prime minister against his political rival Winston Churchill. Oswald Mosley was elected on the 2nd of February 1928, after which his rival mysteriously disappeared. Many still believe that he was secretly assassinated by the Ironsides, who were later put in direct service of the Prime Minister.

The Third Colonial War also proved to be the last, but the enduring hostility between England and France will continue to shape the political borders of Europe, as both powers vie for control of the Continent.

The years of the Weimar republic were trademarked by enormous unemployment, a weak and ineffective government, economical crisis and poverty. Dismayed with the policy of the traditional political parties, the population of Germany quickly radicalized, supporting three large parties. The single largest party was the Spartakusbund, led by Karl Liebknecht, a Soviet-funded communist alliance attempting to overthrow the Weimar Republic and establish a worker’s state in Germany. The second largest was the Nazi Party, a powerful authoritarian party, led by Adolf Hitler, which wanted to turn Germany into a fascist empire, and reunite a Greater German Empire. The third and smallest party was considerably less extremist than the other two, and was known as the Traditionalist party, a right-wing militaristic party consisting of former ministers from the German Empire and several notable generals from World War I. The Traditionalist party sought to restore Germany to a more modern version of the German Empire, and reestablish Germany as a world power.

Originally, the relations between the Nazi and the Traditionalist Party were very good, but they quickly deteriorated because of the increasingly violent protests the Nazi’s were holding. In the early years of the Weimar Republic, the Traditionalist Party held little to no real power, as Communist and Fascist clashes dominated the political scene. In 1923, however, the party grew more popular as Field Marshall Van Geyte was appointed as second-in-command. The Traditionalist Party was renamed to the “Reichsfront” party, and promised a less extreme alternative to Nazism. The Reichsfront gained much support from the army generals and veterans from the Great War, as many believed that their agenda would bring Germany back to greatness.

In 1925, the growing tensions in Germany exploded as Paul Hindenburg, president of the Weimar Republic was found poisoned in his hotel. All parties blamed each other for the assassination, and soon declared open war on each other. For the next 2 years, Germany would be involved in a grave civil war, which was named the Deutschkrieg, or “The German war”

deutschkrieg.jpg

Political chaos ensues in Germany during the Deutschkrieg

Which side controls which areas?
A bit radical version of what could have happened, but a white peace with France, that is freaking sick. No One makes a white peace with France, no Paradoxian does that!:eek::eek:
Dude that's sick! :wacko::eek::rofl:

I am not sure if I am right, but I assume white is Weimar and the red is a Communist nation.

Grey is the Reichsfront, they've got Berlin.

gray are the losers in france. white is probably the weimar republic. red is spartakusbund. the pure white in cottbus are nazis. no idea where van geyte is..

It does not matter where Van Geyte is now, but in a short amount of time, he will be there and POW!! Those Nazis and Commies will be finished

It does not matter where Van Geyte is now, but in a short amount of time, he will be there and POW!! Those Nazis and Commies will be finished
But.... Hitler actually took power (only to have a knife fight on the Reichtag and lose against Van Geyte), so the Nazis should have won...

have you forgotten your early history? van geyte won but hitler had the support of the people so he let the nazis take power under his control. vince can you clarify whos who in that screenshot? were all so confused..

have you forgotten your early history? van geyte won but hitler had the support of the people so he let the nazis take power under his control. vince can you clarify whos who in that screenshot? were all so confused..

Grey is the Reichsfront, they've got Berlin.

Red - Spartakusbund
White - Nazis
Gray - Reichsfront/Weimar

White is probably nazis cause they've got Nuremberg.

Those are correct :p. Nais are white(st), because they control Nuremberg, their historical rally ground. Earlier in the AAR (Chapter:Memories) there is also a flashback part in which De Nil writes a letter to Van Geyte shortly before he flees Germany, stating that the Nazis control the South of Germany (that would be a year after this screenshot, by then Berlin had fallen and the nazis reached up to Leipzig, with only the North still in Traditionalist hands)

The grey in the lefternmost corner is not grey, but a pale blue, it only looks grey because of the color editing. As is normal, France retook Alsace-Lorraine after WWI.

And technically the grey controlling Berlin is not the Reichsfront Partei (only renamed and organised after Van Geyte's return, so at this pint it's actually still a mix of Kaiserbund and traditionalists). but the standard Weimar republic, overrun with Stahlhelm corps. By the time Van Geyte returns (there will be a story about that a bit later on, in this chapter aswell), Weimar has collapsed and it's basically the habsburger (NSDAP) front vs the reds, with most of the tradionalists and veterans not belonging to the Stahlhelm fleeing North, with capitol in Wilhelmshaven where they maintain a statusquo while the civil war rages on.

That should be about it. The rest you can read about later :D
-Vincent

The following events took place April 2nd, 1945, La Coruna, Spain (occupied by British forces)

“GODDAMNIT!” The Field Marshall brutally snapped his pencil in half after reading the latest reports from Newfoundland. The AF Headquarters had been in overdrive for the past two months, as reports streamed in from the Atlantic Blitz, while German generals who were attending like Donitz desparately struggled against the USN. The conference hall was even more crowded than usual, the normal attending admirals having been reinforced with new additions to coordinate the quickly deteriorating situation in the Atlantic. Several other British admirals from the Council of the Admiralty, like Sommerville, were also attending.
“Laurence, calm down” De Nil attempted to cool the situation, as his friend was reaching boiling point.
“CALM DOWN? TWO FIFTHS OF MY FLEET IS GONE! THOUSANDS OF GERMAN SAILORS ARE FLOATING BACK UP IN THE ATLANTIC. DAMN THOSE AMERICAN BASTARDS!”
“Laurence, you really have to...”
“THE HELL I HAVE TO” As usual when the Field Marshall was angered, his blue eyes blazed with fury, and a veign on his forehead grew discomfortingly thick “I WILL BREAK THEM. GIVE ME ONE BEACH-HEAD, JUST ONE. I’LL DESTROY THEM!”
As if he were trying to visualise that point, the Field Marshall smacked his fist on the map spread out on the table, as all men could clearly hear the dangerous creaking of a table about to give in under pressure. The Grand Admiral was getting fed up with the behaviour of his friend
“LAURENCE! FOR CHRISTS SAKE, CALM THE FUCK DOWN SO WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS” The Grand Admiral pointed in the general direction of the demoralising battle reports spread out on the table.
After a brief pause, the Field Marshall collected himself “Okay, I’m calm. But would someone please come up with a SOLUTION before my fleet is completely gone?”
The Grand Admiral nodded “You will have your revenge. Sommerville?”
Grand Admiral Sommerville stood up, and began moving pawns on the world map spread out before them.
“Our only hopes of stopping this crushing offensive now is by air. The USAF has attempted to crater our airfields in Newfoundland, but they have been unsuccessfull: Most of our airfields are well-hidden, and a strong network of British AA forced them to retreat”

newfoundlandaa.jpg

British Forces manning AA installations in Newfoundland

“They might overpower the Kriegsmarine on the seas, but we still have the aerial advantage. That, and we have a new secret weapon: The Vickers Valiant”
Grand Admiral Donitz looked up “They are done?”
Sommerville grinned “We have forty squadrons ready, and en route to Newfoundland. We will break the Blitz with a massive aerial smackdown”

vickersvaliant.jpg
“These bombers are faster than anything the Americans have ever seen. The Valiants will have obliterated their carriers even before the first interceptor leaves the deck. We are very confident that our RAF can end this blitz. We have also ordered a large part of the Reserve Fleet and the Pacific fleet to detach and move to the Atlantic, to help you fight this war. The Americans have managed to gain spectacular victories untill now, gentlemen, but their fleets are becoming fatigued. Many carriers have suffered heavy damage, and the USN in the North-Atlantic isn’t even half as effective now as it was before the Blitz. Their offensive is on the verge of collapse, and they still haven’t succeeded in their main offensive: Reconquering Newfoundland. So believe me, Herr Chancellor, that somewhere across the Atlantic, someone is slamming his fist into the table aswell.” Sommerville sat down, making place for De Nil who opened up a map of the Pacific.

“Which brings us to the Pacific. We have received reports that this new ‘Alliance of the Free’ has begun reinforcing Australia. At least 100 US divisions are being deployed to the Southern Pacific as we speak, along with Mexican and Brazilian reinforcements. It is obvious that the AOF will attempt to confront us in Australia, and we have also received reports of US bombers based at Darwin launching attacks on Indonesia and our vital shipping in that area. Obviously, we cannot allow this to continue. I have already ordered the Pacific Fleet to the South, and I hope to commence an invasion of Australia Soon. First, I am aiming on cutting off all supply routes to Australia through Phoenix Island and Samoa. After that, it’s anyone’s game. Germany still has a large amount of forces stationed in the JOC°, I was hoping you would send them into the Pacific aswell to aid Operation Down-Under?”

pactpresencejapan.jpg
The Field Marshall nodded “Consider it done. I’ll contact Von Falkenhausen to arrange it.”
“China and Siberia have promised us reinforcements, but their armies are still disorganizing so it’s no point in involving them in an operation of this scale this early. It will be a German-British invasion only.”
“As usual” The Field marshall smiled, and a few men in the room laughed.
The Grand Admiral closed the map “That is all, gentlemen. Council dismissed”
The admirals stood up and exited the room, but Van Geyte and De Nil remained. There was one bit of information van Geyte still wanted.
“Vincent, any news from Oppenheimer?”
the Grand Admiraled gave Van Geyte an omnious stare “He wants us to come to Ksujur. He says he has something for us”
“Back to Siberia... again?”
“I’m afraid so”
“Ah, damnit. Couldn’t we have chosen someplace warmer to perform our nuclear tests? I mean, we’ve got entire stretches of useless desert which are nice and warm.”

“You know as well as I do that Project Ragnarok requires utmost secrecy, dear friend. And where better to hide a ridiculously overpowered bomb than in the vast frozen tundras of Siberia?”
The Field Marshall sighed “I guess you’re right.”
“So you’re coming? I’ve got a plane waiting in Bilbao”
“Let’s roll”
The men stood up, and parted for Siberia.

----------------------​

After the meeting, the British Pacific Fleet was sent into the Pacific once more, to prepare for Operation Down-Under
movethroughpacific.jpg

A large part of the Europe-based RAF was sent to Newfoundland, to aid the Kriegsmarine in stopping the Blitz. In the meanwhile, the Royal Navy sent out a large amount of warships to push back the Americans in the Atlantic.
britishcarriersgotonewf.jpg

The HMS Cairo, HMS Paladin and HMS Warspite II of the Gibraltar-Class moving through the Atlantic towards Newfoundland.

---------------------

VII CARRIERS! VICKERS VALIANT! GLORY!

Big-ass update today. The next update(s) will finish the backstory of TCP, and fill the last holes left in the prehistory of Van Geyte and De Nil. That is, if nobody comes up with any ideas he'd like to hear about in the AAR, we might put new stuff in.

I'd also like to note that it would be best if nobody began counting on me for the updates again. I got home at 5 today thinking 'Awesome, some free time!', but right now its 8 30 and I' still not done doing menial tasks alike cleaning, cooking. Damnit, I want to play some Kaiserreich!

Cheers
-Vincent, Totally Random Productions

PS: Oh yeah, the T-shirt discussion is going on in the RTCB thread, check there if you're interested in one.

Last edited:
I look forward to the battle for Australia

Also ''massive aerial smackdown'' sounds awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.