• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the germans even have CVIX now
I gotta say this is quite impressive and now youre so close to Berlin!

CBS World News - April 19th, 1950

April 19th, 1950

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events from Europe and India."

"This is London, reporting on the latest military events as received by our news station here in London. The Allied forces in Europe and India have continued on the offensive today. In Europe, Allied forces attacked the German city of Hannover after the Germans launched their own attack which saw the capture of Erfurt from Allied forces. Hannover, located in northern Germany, is defended by a strong line of fortifications and veteran troops that have delayed Allied forces and caused much suffering to the Allied command. The attack too place on early dawn on April 1st after heavy aerial and artillery bombardment, but immediately ran into heavy resistance. The Germans have committed over 250,000 men to the defense of the industrial city as the Allied forces assault it with at least three times as many. For over two weeks, Canadian, British and American soldiers have fought stubbornly against an equally stubborn enemy. However, latest reports from this morning show that German resistance is falling apart, and many German units have fled east."

"The Allied Submarine fleet based in occupied Portugal was attack by German carrier-based naval strike aircraft, and inflicted serious damage. It is presumed that local Portuguese citizens loyal to the Axis caused reported the arrival of the submarine fleet, which prompted immediate attack by the German Navy. Despite this Submarine fleet being comprised of aging ships, it will definitely make Allied Command think twice about basing in occupied territory."

"In India, American units in conjunction with the British army have assaulted the Karachi fortifications that were abandoned many years ago. After the near collapse of the German front in India, the Germans have regrouped and are determined to make a stand here. This is, in fact, the last feasible line of defenses for the depleted German Indian Army east of Tehran. The fortifications are expected to fall within the next few days."

ScreenSave369.jpg

ScreenSave371.jpg

ScreenSave372.jpg

ScreenSave373.jpg

ScreenSave374.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, he got it bang on the nose. SkiF is a lovely pack...it has graphics for...every unit I think. The AAR is advancing rapidly to the point where the game itself is at. We are on April 19th, 1950. The game is at March, 1951.

Congrats to you successes :)
What's with France? Are you allied or what?

Yeah, we are allied. When we annexed Vichy France, France got their Land in southern France back. As the battle goes back and forth down there, we sometimes get the province, sometimes the French. Its just a weird game thing.

Hopefully I'll be posting another update today. I'm aiming for one every two days.

CBS World News - May 13th, 1950

May 13th, 1950

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events from Europe and India."

"This is London, reporting on the latest news from Europe and Africa. In central Europe, Allied divisions continue to hammer away at German lines, seizing fortification after fortification in the latest attempt to destroy the German war machine. Earlier this month, American divisions were again attacking the German city of Gottigen, in hopes of breaking through the lines and onward to Berlin."

"In Italy, the British deployed a new weapon against the Italian city of Rimini. The entire town itself was destroyed, and the rumored death toll reaches as high as 30,000. The German and Italian military in the area have withdrawn north as a result of this attack, and appear to be disorganized and shocked. This new weapon, called a 'Nuclear Bomb', has been long rumored to be part of the British and American arsenal. Commander Feuersturm was seen arguing with Commander Cool shortly after the weapon's deployment. Many speculate that such show of force will result in Italy dropping out of the war, and will force Germany to abandon its war ambitions. Commander Feuersturm, when questions about his alliance's use of nuclear weapons, go red in the face and said '...this attack was in the best interest of the British military. However, the British government refused to inform our government of the attack..."

"The German radio has called the attacks a '...barbaric and uncivilized attack on civilians....', despite the fact that military units were present in the city and its fortifications. The diplomatic impact of the weapon will surely cool the tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States..."

"In Africa, Turkish divisions landed behind the main allied line of defense, raiding many supply depots. This attack, however, comprised only of small raiding forces, and was promptly dealt with."

ScreenSave375.jpg

ScreenSave377.jpg

ScreenSave379.jpg

**Grr....**

Thanks!

I don't see heir units around. Are they AI controlled? Or do you or Cool militarry control them?

Contrats to British for being the first to use the A-Bomb.

Btw, I see you have there wrongly coloured ships and airplanes. Try this file:

http://www.biges.eu/misc/palette.7z

Unpack it into \gfx\palette\ subdirectory of your HoI2 folder.

Yeah, we are allied. When we annexed Vichy France, France got their Land in southern France back. As the battle goes back and forth down there, we sometimes get the province, sometimes the French. Its just a weird game thing.

Hopefully I'll be posting another update today. I'm aiming for one every two days.

Last edited:
Turkish power in Africa! :D

You have no idea....;)

Defeat is not exactly the world I'm looking for...yet...but a pain in the ass, yes.

1951 is a bitch year that is all I will say.

Wow.

Just came across this AAR, and I have to say this is one of the most exciting ones I have ever read. I've played the game ever since it came out, and I don't think I've EVER played as challenging a round as this one.

Hats off to you, guys; I didn't think anybody could survive as strong a Germany as this one, let alone start beating it...

@Biges: What are the pallet colors? What do they do?
@Lyon_Man: Yeah, its been quite fun

I'll be posting another update within the next few hours.

CBS World News - July 19th, 1950

July 19th, 1950

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe."

"After the nuclear attack on Rimini, Allied forces managed to take the destroyed city and push further north past the vaunted Gothic Line that has been holding Allied units up since the capture of Rome. Although American units managed to capture La Spezia and encircle 15 German and Italian divisions at Florence, they were forced to withdraw after coming under concerted enemy attacks."

"In spite of recent events in Italy, German and Hungarian forces attacking along much of the southern front. The attack fell on regions predominatly occupied by British and Spanish troops. The concentrated firepower along these sectors forces the front backwards of up to 200km in some areas. The British were trapped at the Mediterranean port of Marseilles. American divisions quickly moved in with several armor and mechanized columns rushing south. The Americans focused heavy attacking against Mulhouse before pushing on to help relieve the British at the beleaguered city. By the 11th, the German attack had been contained, and Allied forces were again moving east."

"The main elements of the SHAEF then attacked the German fortresses of Friegburg and Stuttgart. After some bitter engagements and heavy losses, Allied forces were able to claim the battle as a victory by the 18th. To complement this attack, Allied units began assaulting the west portion of the Gothic Line, and as of latest reports have been making significant progress in spite of the torrential rain and hgorrid weather in the region."

ScreenSave386.jpg

ScreenSave387.jpg

ScreenSave392.jpg

ScreenSave393.jpg

ScreenSave394.jpg

You can't liberate NatChi because Baoshan (the prov selected in the img above) is in Cool's hands! It's a VP!

I don't think a ex-yunnan(rather worthless) province would affect the liberation of natchi + he could get it from Cool with the negotiations