• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Such chaos! It's going to be a long time till that region has some borders that make some sense.

Chapter 29: Matanza
the_rains_of_castamere_by_checka3000-da5q06p.jpg

The war of the Lions had now entered its more violent and blood chapter. The Forces of Beorn Balatios had landed in Catalonia and the various players had acted accordingly. With Leon still mustering forces across the Strait of Tangiers the Kingdom of Andalusia would be left alone to combat the invasion and retreat its army North in hopes of succeeding with it's Burgundian and Italian Gambit.​

ZaRGzup.png

Unfortunately for the Andalusians, Beorn had managed to head off the Royal army south of Cuenca. The King of Africa, who had brought his host to negotiate terms of an alliance with Andalusia, turned his banners at a critical moment and left the Boy King and his army to fight Beorn and his Generals alone. The King of Mali, an Ally of the Kingdom of Burgundy was also in the Region, marching his own host through Barcelona to bring important manpower to the fight against italy.​

mfBn6JY.png

The Andalusians folded despite superior positioning and a defensive position along a local river. The remains of the Andalusians would retreat north, leaving all of Spain effectively in Beorn's hands.​

kAJdf34.jpg

In the Alps the Italian and Burgundian Armies had managed to miss each other passing through the mountains and set to work sieging each other's lands. Word of the Oncoming African and Malian Hosts however had made things difficult for the Italians, who would abandon their sieges to march south, in hopes of heading off the Africans in the Pyrenees.

PcWtzej.png

Here in the Pyrenees the Italian Army collapsed, exhausted for months of sieges, forced marches had left the Italian army depleted. Beorn and his much larger host to the south could have perhaps come in time to provide aid, but Balatios had no intention of ever allowing the Italians to actually win their own wars and kept at work laying siege in Eastern Spain leaving the Italians to their fate.​

H44833O.png

Staying his ground, would ultimately be a benefit for Beorn, as soon the Boy King Barid fell into his possession after he was found under guard at a small homestead near the Andalusian Capital. With Barid came half the Peninsula, as the Barid was forced to concede his crown, and much of the royal army to Beorn Balatios.

Axg3sBk.jpg

Next came the landing of King Sigtrygg of Leon-Mauretania, A Far more capable commander, Sigtrygg original plan of Italy was thrown away in hopes that the now Foreign conqueror of a King in spain could be beaten on the field, and usher in massive amounts of defections.​

With this new plan, Sigtrygg landed in Castille with his host and marched North in the Pyrennes hoping to bait Beorn into a fight on his own terms.​

5d6PC1F.png

On the Diplomatic front however things continued to turn against the Kingdom of Leon, as the Kingdom of Frisia, having failed to successfully intervene in England, declared for the Duke of Burgundy and sailed south, laying siege and burning Sigtyrgg's capital at Tangiers.​

NKeCrWB.png

All hope lied with the coming battle in the Pyrenees and it was here dumb luck struck Beorn again, the basque peasantry tipped off the Andalusians of Sigtrygg waiting trap. In the dead of Night the Andalusians fell on the Black Lion, and despite inferior numbers, forced a route.​

uXYi1UV.jpg

With Moral Shattered and Beorn affirmed as King, the Leonese once again retreated to their boats to attempt a new strategy. Sigtrygg unfortunately was wounded in the battle, and later died at sea, effectively losing the Kingdom of Leon to Beorn and leading to the succession of his firstborn son, Porbrandr.

Sigtrgg's son would ultimately return to North Africa and run the Frisians off before announcing his intent to reclaim his Spanish Birthright.​

BH2aV3B.jpg

Spain meanwhile had been united under Beorn who named himself Emperor of Hispania and King of Leon. It was here however that Beorn's luck had run out, as the Spanish Nobility that had expected rewards for siding with the conquerer were completly bypassed as Beorn made his own moves to secure his tenuous position has King. Only the threat of Mauretania once again returning to claim the Isles kept the Lords of Spain loyal, and yet still conspiracies to restore Barid to the Throne only grew.

phuZcBb.jpg

As things were settling down in spain the war in Northern Italy was only heating up with the Introduction of the King of Austrasia and his vast army to the mix. Austrasia was an ally of Burgundy and the Newly crowned King of Mauretania and his intent was clear, dismantled the Eastern Coalition.​

cglw1kd.png

The King of France had also declared for his claim on the Kingdom of Sicily, and was also mobilizing his own army to move south. The Entry of Austrasia and France together meant the introduction of yet another fifty thousand Fighting men and the continuation of a war that otherwise would have ended in an Eastern Victory.​

OPD0LnH.jpg

The entry of France and Austrasia of course meant one thing, Beorn Balatios allies had run out, and once again the Kingdom of Spain was in full revolt, this time for the restoration of Barid to the Unified Thrones of Leon-Andalusia.​

KBWeXij.png

It was around this time that Aerin Aesirling had decided now was time to get involved in the growing conflict, Promising an alliance and Twenty Thousand Fighting Men to the King of Mauretania and sending them to Italy to assist the Kings of France and Austrasia to end the Eastern Bloc before it became a threat to the balance of power.​

PPIgoKS.png

Scandinavian troops could not unfortunately arrive in time to help the French take Sicily. The French had found themselves against the Bulk of the Sicilians and their allies in the South. The French were outnumbered and also outgunned as the Sicilians put to use some of the first Cannons deemed fit for military use.
lACigvK.png

Between Austrasian, Scandinavian and Mauretanian Aid, the Kingdom of Italy was irrevocably shattered and seized. The war of course was far from over as not even a month later the Lords of Italy made thier intent known.​

Rx2k1nG.png

With none of the Nobility of Italy willing to support King Porbrandr the entire invasion had become a futile effort. Italy and thus the Coalition head had been dismantled, Leon was in Civil War yet again and Burgundy was safe. and for the Kings of Austrasia, France and Aerin Aesirling this was enough, and support was pulled from the region enmasse.​

6ak662z.png

The War in Italy would be lost, and King Porbrandr captured and exiled, leading to the ascension of Tyke Troika, the Son in Law of Aerin Aesirling, who with an Iron fist crushed unrest at home and once more raised his banners this time to defend his own holdings against an opportunistic Invasion against the new King of Austrasia.​

wYP1CRi.jpg

Outside Tangiers Tyke would Prove his mettle as a Commander, encircling and killing the King of Austrasia while reinforcements for the North did the same to the Austrasian Army. The Battle of Tangiers would be the final battle of the War of the Lions and lead to an official peace, and treaty penned by Aerin Aesirling, Beorn Balatios and Tyke Troika establishing a New Balance of Power in the Mediterranean, and Europe at large.

Final Episode of House of Ravens. After this is just a quick Overview of the World.

Might be from India

Its a Muslim Dynasty I believe, Though how they managed to find their way into england is beyond me.

Well that was exciting, though due to the advanced balkanization I have almost no idea as to what is going on.:D I can't wait to see the horrible bordergore everywhere the world overview.

I was just thinking; I know that the converter isn't working for this save, but have you thought about making (or having someone make) a custom mod in EUIV based on this AAR in order to continue it?

Looking forward to the overview.

Sounds like a struggle that will keep creators and historians in service for many centuries.

The War of the Lions is a marvelous end to this tale. An overlook of the world will still be nice, making sense of some of the chaos.

Chapter 30: Ratatoskr's Lost Branch
xpNWeTV.jpg
So the time has unfortunately come to put House of Ravens to Bed, Perhaps I'll revisit a Norse Megacampaign in the Future, Perhaps not. We'll start off with the Final World overview where we ended the Story, In Spain.

The War of the Lions has now, Officially Ended and while in the final few years Leon would continue to struggle with Civil War, Beorn Balatios had indeed managed to subjugate the Spanish under his will, enforcing a new Status Quo in the Western Mediterranean Dominated by the competing powers of Leon, Mauretania, and Africa. Italy, due to Chaos on the Italian Peninsula has moved their own capital to be in Valencia and thier roles now have reversed, with Italy becoming the Puppet, and Leon the master.​

FhE5N19.jpg

Moving further East we come to the Latin and Lombard Kingdoms of the old Karling Realms. Here the Kingdoms of France and Austrasia compete for control. France, has a powerful heartland and a well developed culture and economy, Austrasia however had managed to Inherit the Duchy of Austria from the now once again deceased Anniona Dynasty as well as some territories in Germany effectively giving them soft power over the German Jarls. Burgundy, Bavaria and Frisia however are still powerful and hold great potential for expansion, into the weakened Crown of Italy, or the nonexistent Kingdom of Germany.​

W5GbNLx.jpg

In the Eastern Mediterranean we have, quite simply, a mess of border gore. Within that mess however a story is told. The Kings of Pannonia and Epirus together had managed to drive off the Golden Horde, only for Epirus to Collapse into two warring states and Pannonia to turn inward on itself. Now the Kingdom of Serbia, and the Resurgent Greek Dukes can once again work towards greatness, and yet, the Pannonian still guard the City of Men's desire, and will be a violent force in keeping the region disunified for centuries to come. Further to the east however, are the Truly Great Empires of the time.​

Z75VKnn.jpg

The Clear AI winner here, Abyssinia has an absolute monster. Surviving the Abbasid Invasions all on their own the Solomonid Dynasty had managed to triumph again and again in the south eventually, sponsoring a Coptic state in Egypt, and holding the heart of Islam with an Iron fist. While much of these lands are desert the Abyssinians now have a crucial control over the spice trade from India, matched only by their powerful neighbor to the north.​

nz2dwu5.jpg

Tales from the east speak of a great empire, with a capital in an ancient city of knowledge with control over eastern trades and capable of matching even the mysterious cathay in the ways of War. A look glance at the map may first make one believe that it is the Persian Empire of old but this is simply false. The Ilkhanate have survived where the other sons of Genghis could not.

The Ilkhanate, unlike the other Nomad states instead chose to settle among their conquered peoples and in Persia they established a peaceful and tolerant rule. Peace and tolerance brought the spice trade and combined with Mongol Military expertise an Empire unmatched since the days of Rome or the Nordic Federation was born.

The Ilkhanate Dominates the fertile Crescent, Samarkand, Afghanistan and now even reaches into India and Western Khotan with its expansion. In the East the Ilkhanate have reclaimed Antioch, not for some Muslim or Pagan faith but for the glory of the Church of the East, Nestorianism, though the center for such faith remains in the Golden City of Baghdad where once the Mongols burned all that stood. Were it not for the Pannonians in the East, the Abyssinians in the South the Ilkhanate Power would simple be unmatched the world over.

CxMbWu2.jpg

Further east in the lands of Hindustan are the various Rajas once again competing for power. The Mongols had conquered all of India but such a reign had been short lived thanks to the powerful Raj of Gujarat. Now India is once again divided, but the brief period of unity under the mongols have awakened something in the nobility, a desire to reunify the peninsula not under foreign rule but thiers, and in that might mean far more destruction war and death the mongols ever could have brought.​

7JNoNO7.jpg

Further North we have the settled remnants of the Chagatai. Once great enough to conquer all of India the Chagatai have been exiled North where they are now no better than a buffer state between the Yuan of the East and the Ilkhanate of the West. The days of the Great Khan are over, and now in poverty and cold the Kingdom of Khotan clings to it's control over the Northern silk road hoping both it's powerful neighbors are more concerned with offsetting the other's power to do anything about the poor Khotan.​

4caUOHI.jpg

In Russia the Golden Horde has indeed survived, if you could call it that. The Horde is on the verge of complete collapse with the independence of the Bukhid Clan being a large warning sign. With the Kingdoms of Finland, Taurica and Bohemia chomping at the bit to drive the Mongols from Europe things look grim.

All is not lost however, the Golden Horde still control a wealth of territory, and perhaps with a new ruler, a new Great Khan, Not a conqueror but a reformer the Mongols could emulate their southern brothers and settle with the Local Russians, and form an Empire far more powerful, but such things would be abandoning the old ways, and that simply is unspeakable.​

hod7QLx.jpg

In Eastern Europe the Kingdom of Bohemia and Kingdom of Norway fight each other over the Kingdom of Poland. Had the Norwegians simply abandoned their Claim, together with the Pannonians the reconquest of Russia could continue, and yet, they didn't and now Eastern Europe remains a mess. Pannonia is struggling to keep order in the region but all attempts have been futile.

Bulgaria and Taurica prepare once again to attack the Golden Horde, and Lithuania is preparing to deal with the rebellious dukes of Samogitia and Smolensk and yet a greater power lurks to the North, unphased by the Chaos of the Mongol Invasions and preparing for the conquest of the Rus. This Power of course being Finland, who has escaped the last century of bloodshed relatively unharmed and is now ready to make its own moves towards greatness in the Russian Frontier.​

wUvSgmE.jpg

Which brings us to our final Location, Scandinavia and Britain. England remains locked in the War of the Roses and looks to remain that way with Ireland and Scotland being as divided as it is. In Northern Scandinavia the Kingdom of Norway has broken away from it's personal union under Lappland only to lose several key territories to their former Overlord and the Republic of Scandinavia which has claimed Iceland.

The Republic of Scandinavia meanwhile has laid claim to Iceland and is making moves to reconnect with the old Colonies of Vinland and Greenland across the Sea. At Home House Aesirling is making preparations to reclaim the Baltic and Scandinavia for the Glory of the Republic. With the recent breakup of Norway-Lappland the Scandinavian Peninsula once again falling under Nordic domination is not just a distinct Possibility, but an Eventuality.

And were done. Its a bit of a shame I cant continue this save into Eu4 becuase of the patch but hey, thats what I get for experimenting too much with mods.

Speaking of Mods, Hip. Now I like Hip, but it probably could do with some better documentation on how to fix the flags, and Imperial Decay really needs to be reworked for Republics and/or Pagans. Mostly becuase ID(Imperial Decay) doesn't really seem to actually do anything to republics, and 2, takes forever to get rid of as a republic due to all the best ways to remove it being locked behind being Feudal. Also, While I like the event art, I tend to prefer the Vanilla event pictures and haven't quite figured out how to turn the new ones off(Though this may be my fault for not reading something)

Otherwise I don't remember what other mods I was testing with this game, but since I dont remember them they probably werent very notable.

So the Goals​
A Few Goals for the CK phase of the campaign
1.We will unite Europe under one Religion, be that Germanic, Catholic or a Catholic Heresy
Done this in Spades, All of Continental Europe is Norse, All of it, No thanks to the AI however. Sadly, The AI is so terrible at protecting itself I didn't really see an option but to keep all the land myself.

Also, the AI needs to lose prepared invasion when it reforms, it absolutely tanks Moral Authority, which prevents the Fylkir from declaring GHW's. This seems fairly counterproductive to me and frankly really annoying from a Single Player perspective since chances are its your vassals who are running off and constantly getting themselves killed.

2.Murder every Karling I find
Well, the Karlings kind of just.. died off, Fairly Anticlimactic I know, but, there is justice in the world.

3.Help, EVERY viking conquest i'm made aware about, and I mean every, that means helping the Normans, Adventurers fellow Germanics invading britain ect. They don't need to succeed naturally.
So I thought Hip's event based invasions would be a bit more plentiful. They werent, Only Rollo of Normandy, who stupidly decided to peace out after taking a county despite someone with over 20k Levies siding with him in the war. Maybe if the Normans did not have to be resurrected they would have invaded England and Sicily, but they didn't this campaign.

4.Break the big 4 of the Charlie start Byzantium, Arabia, Hispania and Francia.
Done, Done, Done and Done. Targeted Great Holy Wars baby, So Overpowered.

5. Get out of Tribalism, I don't know if i'll flip into MR or Feudal but I will almost certainly reform the government.
We ended up going Merchant Republic, Something I sort of Regret becuase of the modding work it caused me in Eu4 thats now mostly futile. Also, I like having female rulers once and awhile, helps mix things up. Really wish Paradox would open the coding up so you can use can mod Absolute Cognatic republic seniority in

And were done. Its been a ride, I wish I could have been a bit more active with this AAR but my Personal life kept needing tending too at every turn. Now its the summer once again and my next project will probably begin soonish and have a bit more time invested in it. The next one will be a megacampaign, even if I have to roll back EU4 so far that Development wasn't even a twinkle in Paradox's eye :p

I was just thinking; I know that the converter isn't working for this save, but have you thought about making (or having someone make) a custom mod in EUIV based on this AAR in order to continue it?

Nah, Not worth it. Though this is certainly an Idea I'd like to return to in the future, For now I'm going to lay it to rest.

Nah, Not worth it. Though this is certainly an Idea I'd like to return to in the future, For now I'm going to lay it to rest.
Alright, I figured I'd check just in case. This has been a really interesting AAR, what with all of Europe converting to Norse paganism and the centers of Christianity moving to East Africa, Arabia, and Persia. Do you have any plans/ideas for your next AAR?

Leon and Abyssinia seem like the AI victors here in spades. Meanwhile, Italy might be the biggest loser here thanks to being nothing but a puppet.

India has fallen into chaos, something far too common I'm afraid. Seems par for the course unless the player interferes.

You did well, and I'll live without this continuing into EU4. Here's the next campaign!

Was a great ride. Major kudos to Abyssinia.

This was fun.

Chapter 30: Ratatoskr's Lost Branch
xpNWeTV.jpg
So the time has unfortunately come to put House of Ravens to Bed, Perhaps I'll revisit a Norse Megacampaign in the Future, Perhaps not. We'll start off with the Final World overview where we ended the Story, In Spain.

The War of the Lions has now, Officially Ended and while in the final few years Leon would continue to struggle with Civil War, Beorn Balatios had indeed managed to subjugate the Spanish under his will, enforcing a new Status Quo in the Western Mediterranean Dominated by the competing powers of Leon, Mauretania, and Africa. Italy, due to Chaos on the Italian Peninsula has moved their own capital to be in Valencia and thier roles now have reversed, with Italy becoming the Puppet, and Leon the master.​

FhE5N19.jpg

Moving further East we come to the Latin and Lombard Kingdoms of the old Karling Realms. Here the Kingdoms of France and Austrasia compete for control. France, has a powerful heartland and a well developed culture and economy, Austrasia however had managed to Inherit the Duchy of Austria from the now once again deceased Anniona Dynasty as well as some territories in Germany effectively giving them soft power over the German Jarls. Burgundy, Bavaria and Frisia however are still powerful and hold great potential for expansion, into the weakened Crown of Italy, or the nonexistent Kingdom of Germany.​

W5GbNLx.jpg

In the Eastern Mediterranean we have, quite simply, a mess of border gore. Within that mess however a story is told. The Kings of Pannonia and Epirus together had managed to drive off the Golden Horde, only for Epirus to Collapse into two warring states and Pannonia to turn inward on itself. Now the Kingdom of Serbia, and the Resurgent Greek Dukes can once again work towards greatness, and yet, the Pannonian still guard the City of Men's desire, and will be a violent force in keeping the region disunified for centuries to come. Further to the east however, are the Truly Great Empires of the time.​

Z75VKnn.jpg

The Clear AI winner here, Abyssinia has an absolute monster. Surviving the Abbasid Invasions all on their own the Solomonid Dynasty had managed to triumph again and again in the south eventually, sponsoring a Coptic state in Egypt, and holding the heart of Islam with an Iron fist. While much of these lands are desert the Abyssinians now have a crucial control over the spice trade from India, matched only by their powerful neighbor to the north.​

nz2dwu5.jpg

Tales from the east speak of a great empire, with a capital in an ancient city of knowledge with control over eastern trades and capable of matching even the mysterious cathay in the ways of War. A look glance at the map may first make one believe that it is the Persian Empire of old but this is simply false. The Ilkhanate have survived where the other sons of Genghis could not.

The Ilkhanate, unlike the other Nomad states instead chose to settle among their conquered peoples and in Persia they established a peaceful and tolerant rule. Peace and tolerance brought the spice trade and combined with Mongol Military expertise an Empire unmatched since the days of Rome or the Nordic Federation was born.

The Ilkhanate Dominates the fertile Crescent, Samarkand, Afghanistan and now even reaches into India and Western Khotan with its expansion. In the East the Ilkhanate have reclaimed Antioch, not for some Muslim or Pagan faith but for the glory of the Church of the East, Nestorianism, though the center for such faith remains in the Golden City of Baghdad where once the Mongols burned all that stood. Were it not for the Pannonians in the East, the Abyssinians in the South the Ilkhanate Power would simple be unmatched the world over.

CxMbWu2.jpg

Further east in the lands of Hindustan are the various Rajas once again competing for power. The Mongols had conquered all of India but such a reign had been short lived thanks to the powerful Raj of Gujarat. Now India is once again divided, but the brief period of unity under the mongols have awakened something in the nobility, a desire to reunify the peninsula not under foreign rule but thiers, and in that might mean far more destruction war and death the mongols ever could have brought.​

7JNoNO7.jpg

Further North we have the settled remnants of the Chagatai. Once great enough to conquer all of India the Chagatai have been exiled North where they are now no better than a buffer state between the Yuan of the East and the Ilkhanate of the West. The days of the Great Khan are over, and now in poverty and cold the Kingdom of Khotan clings to it's control over the Northern silk road hoping both it's powerful neighbors are more concerned with offsetting the other's power to do anything about the poor Khotan.​

4caUOHI.jpg

In Russia the Golden Horde has indeed survived, if you could call it that. The Horde is on the verge of complete collapse with the independence of the Bukhid Clan being a large warning sign. With the Kingdoms of Finland, Taurica and Bohemia chomping at the bit to drive the Mongols from Europe things look grim.

All is not lost however, the Golden Horde still control a wealth of territory, and perhaps with a new ruler, a new Great Khan, Not a conqueror but a reformer the Mongols could emulate their southern brothers and settle with the Local Russians, and form an Empire far more powerful, but such things would be abandoning the old ways, and that simply is unspeakable.​

hod7QLx.jpg

In Eastern Europe the Kingdom of Bohemia and Kingdom of Norway fight each other over the Kingdom of Poland. Had the Norwegians simply abandoned their Claim, together with the Pannonians the reconquest of Russia could continue, and yet, they didn't and now Eastern Europe remains a mess. Pannonia is struggling to keep order in the region but all attempts have been futile.

Bulgaria and Taurica prepare once again to attack the Golden Horde, and Lithuania is preparing to deal with the rebellious dukes of Samogitia and Smolensk and yet a greater power lurks to the North, unphased by the Chaos of the Mongol Invasions and preparing for the conquest of the Rus. This Power of course being Finland, who has escaped the last century of bloodshed relatively unharmed and is now ready to make its own moves towards greatness in the Russian Frontier.​

wUvSgmE.jpg

Which brings us to our final Location, Scandinavia and Britain. England remains locked in the War of the Roses and looks to remain that way with Ireland and Scotland being as divided as it is. In Northern Scandinavia the Kingdom of Norway has broken away from it's personal union under Lappland only to lose several key territories to their former Overlord and the Republic of Scandinavia which has claimed Iceland.

The Republic of Scandinavia meanwhile has laid claim to Iceland and is making moves to reconnect with the old Colonies of Vinland and Greenland across the Sea. At Home House Aesirling is making preparations to reclaim the Baltic and Scandinavia for the Glory of the Republic. With the recent breakup of Norway-Lappland the Scandinavian Peninsula once again falling under Nordic domination is not just a distinct Possibility, but an Eventuality.

And were done. Its a bit of a shame I cant continue this save into Eu4 becuase of the patch but hey, thats what I get for experimenting too much with mods.

Speaking of Mods, Hip. Now I like Hip, but it probably could do with some better documentation on how to fix the flags, and Imperial Decay really needs to be reworked for Republics and/or Pagans. Mostly becuase ID(Imperial Decay) doesn't really seem to actually do anything to republics, and 2, takes forever to get rid of as a republic due to all the best ways to remove it being locked behind being Feudal. Also, While I like the event art, I tend to prefer the Vanilla event pictures and haven't quite figured out how to turn the new ones off(Though this may be my fault for not reading something)

Otherwise I don't remember what other mods I was testing with this game, but since I dont remember them they probably werent very notable.

So the Goals​
A Few Goals for the CK phase of the campaign
1.We will unite Europe under one Religion, be that Germanic, Catholic or a Catholic Heresy
Done this in Spades, All of Continental Europe is Norse, All of it, No thanks to the AI however. Sadly, The AI is so terrible at protecting itself I didn't really see an option but to keep all the land myself.

Also, the AI needs to lose prepared invasion when it reforms, it absolutely tanks Moral Authority, which prevents the Fylkir from declaring GHW's. This seems fairly counterproductive to me and frankly really annoying from a Single Player perspective since chances are its your vassals who are running off and constantly getting themselves killed.

2.Murder every Karling I find
Well, the Karlings kind of just.. died off, Fairly Anticlimactic I know, but, there is justice in the world.

3.Help, EVERY viking conquest i'm made aware about, and I mean every, that means helping the Normans, Adventurers fellow Germanics invading britain ect. They don't need to succeed naturally.
So I thought Hip's event based invasions would be a bit more plentiful. They werent, Only Rollo of Normandy, who stupidly decided to peace out after taking a county despite someone with over 20k Levies siding with him in the war. Maybe if the Normans did not have to be resurrected they would have invaded England and Sicily, but they didn't this campaign.

4.Break the big 4 of the Charlie start Byzantium, Arabia, Hispania and Francia.
Done, Done, Done and Done. Targeted Great Holy Wars baby, So Overpowered.

5. Get out of Tribalism, I don't know if i'll flip into MR or Feudal but I will almost certainly reform the government.
We ended up going Merchant Republic, Something I sort of Regret becuase of the modding work it caused me in Eu4 thats now mostly futile. Also, I like having female rulers once and awhile, helps mix things up. Really wish Paradox would open the coding up so you can use can mod Absolute Cognatic republic seniority in

And were done. Its been a ride, I wish I could have been a bit more active with this AAR but my Personal life kept needing tending too at every turn. Now its the summer once again and my next project will probably begin soonish and have a bit more time invested in it. The next one will be a megacampaign, even if I have to roll back EU4 so far that Development wasn't even a twinkle in Paradox's eye :p
What is religion in Golden Horde and India?Muslim?Tengri?Christian heresy?
P.S.:Will you play as a Ruthenian slavic priest,who will unify Ukraine under catholic monarchy and eventually conquer the world before the Vic2's timeline will end?

A great end to a great AAR. Let's hope the next one doesn't have so much bordergore.:p