• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
speaking of the MTN divs, ours consist of 3 MTN brigades, right? have we considered giving them an AT to help defend against the panzers? also, have we researched rocket artillery?
It should be mentioned that adding any support regiment to Mountaineers will take away a significant part of their edge when moving and fighting in the mountains... R Art is probably the least punitive in this regard as except for Engineers it has the best terrain rating of all support regiments, but it's still a drag on the Mountain advantages of such troops...
So, I looked it up and crunched the numbers:
The terrain rating of a Division is calculated as an average of all the Brigades in it, so, on the Offensive, pure mountain will have only a 10% terrain penalty in mountains (depending on whether you have Mountain Warfare Equipment researched this can vary), and 0% in hills. For reference regular Infantry has -40% and -20% respectively. AT and R Art have the same combat penalties as Infantry (for Mountains and Hills, not for other terrain types), and Artillery is worse than Infantry (-60% and -30%). So Mtnx3 will have -10% and -0%, Mtnx3, R Art will have -17.5% and -5%, and Mtnx3, Art will have -22.5% and -7.5%, still better than Infantry, but it's getting closer. If you go for a binary Combined Arms Division Mtnx2, R Art, AT, you get -25% and -10%.
But that's not all, Mtn has a small Mountain and Hill Defence Boost 10% for Mountains, and 5% for Hills, which will be dampened by the addition of any other brigade type (most have 0% defence boost in Mountains and hills)
And then, we get to movement penalties: Mtn has the lowest Mountain Movement penalty at -30% and Hill movement at -20%. R Art and AT have -40% and -20% respectively, and Art has -60% and -25%. IIRC, unit movement depends on the speed of the slowest element in the unit, so adding R Art will effectively slow down the Division to the speed attained by R Art, the advantage of R Art in this case is that it's faster than Mtn to begin with, which means that it's movement penalty is less of a problem than that of AT, which in turn, is less of a problem than that of Art. The only way to make a unit move faster in the 'real world', is with Engineers, and those don't really work in Mountains, only for River Crossings, woods, forests, jungles, and Marshes.
So, in short, definitely not Art, and possibly R Art or AT in a Mtnx3, Spt configuration to retain as much of their mountain advantages as possible.

Reactions:
It should be mentioned that adding any support regiment to Mountaineers will take away a significant part of their edge when moving and fighting in the mountains... R Art is probably the least punitive in this regard as except for Engineers it has the best terrain rating of all support regiments, but it's still a drag on the Mountain advantages of such troops...
So, I looked it up and crunched the numbers:
The terrain rating of a Division is calculated as an average of all the Brigades in it, so, on the Offensive, pure mountain will have only a 10% terrain penalty in mountains (depending on whether you have Mountain Warfare Equipment researched this can vary), and 0% in hills. For reference regular Infantry has -40% and -20% respectively. AT and R Art have the same combat penalties as Infantry (for Mountains and Hills, not for other terrain types), and Artillery is worse than Infantry (-60% and -30%). So Mtnx3 will have -10% and -0%, Mtnx3, R Art will have -17.5% and -5%, and Mtnx3, Art will have -22.5% and -7.5%, still better than Infantry, but it's getting closer. If you go for a binary Combined Arms Division Mtnx2, R Art, AT, you get -25% and -10%.
But that's not all, Mtn has a small Mountain and Hill Defence Boost 10% for Mountains, and 5% for Hills, which will be dampened by the addition of any other brigade type (most have 0% defence boost in Mountains and hills)
And then, we get to movement penalties: Mtn has the lowest Mountain Movement penalty at -30% and Hill movement at -20%. R Art and AT have -40% and -20% respectively, and Art has -60% and -25%. IIRC, unit movement depends on the speed of the slowest element in the unit, so adding R Art will effectively slow down the Division to the speed attained by R Art, the advantage of R Art in this case is that it's faster than Mtn to begin with, which means that it's movement penalty is less of a problem than that of AT, which in turn, is less of a problem than that of Art. The only way to make a unit move faster in the 'real world', is with Engineers, and those don't really work in Mountains, only for River Crossings, woods, forests, jungles, and Marshes.
So, in short, definitely not Art, and possibly R Art or AT in a Mtnx3, Spt configuration to retain as much of their mountain advantages as possible.

nice analysis, I am not 100% familiar with all the inner workings of the game engine, but how does 3xMTN+AT look including the piercing/armor thingy in the terrain bonuses/maluses?

• 1Like
Reactions:
diskoerekto arrives sipping his ararat brandy.
That sounds very nice! :cool:

I’ll deal with the substantive strategic suggestions in the Cabinet meeting, for which thanks. :) But I’ll just quickly answer the ‘question of fact’ below.

speaking of the MTN divs, ours consist of 3 MTN brigades, right? have we considered giving them an AT to help defend against the panzers? also, have we researched rocket artillery?
They are all 4 x MTN brigades. At one point earlier on I had the idea of putting an artillery brigade with 3 x MTN (along similar lines) but was advised by someone who knew more about it than me and did the maths to prove adding anything else to a MTN div dilutes its usefulness. So I went for the square div instead. That was also why I introduced ‘support’ divs with special weapons and also put them in Corps HQs: they could be added to a provincial defence without stuffing up whatever it was mixing them into the MTN div itself would do. :confused:

Edit: ah, the next two responses came through when I posted this. What SkitalecS3 said. :D Because there are so many mountain provinces to use them in, I’ll keep them ‘pure’. Also helps with attrition if they’re sitting defending a mountain province for a considerable period of time. If ever used in non-mtn or -hill terrain, they’d want some AT support from an accompanying formation if possible.

Last edited:
Reactions:
That sounds very nice! :cool:

I’ll deal with the substantive strategic suggestions in the Cabinet meeting, for which thanks. :) But I’ll just quickly answer the ‘question of fact’ below.

They are all 4 x MTN brigades. At one point earlier on I had the idea of putting an artillery brigade with 3 x MTN (along similar lines) but was advised by someone who knew more about it than me and did the maths to prove adding anything else to a MTN div dilutes its usefulness. So I went for the square div instead. That was also why I introduced ‘support’ divs with special weapons and also put them in Corps HQs: they could be added to a provincial defence without stuffing up whatever it was mixing them into the MTN div itself would do. :confused:

Edit: ah, the next two responses came through when I posted this. What SkitalecS3 said. :D

this makes quite some sense. after skitalec's post i did some wiki reading and piercing/armor thing is only important when you are attacking. since it does not make any sense to make a 3xMTN+1HA division (to have more armor during defending than the attackers piercing), and there aren't any other use cases about armor/piercing my suggestion became a moot one.

If we were to attack and not defend though, an AT might be more helpful than hurtful though I did not run the maths but since we are not in the foreseeable future I think square MTN divs are a go.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Might it be possible to thin the Mountain divisions to three brigades each, and create a bit of a "turtle", using the bulk of the mountains, and then leave the plains towards Istanbul open? let them bleed themselves on the left yellow line? If retreating has to happen, we can use the terrain of Greece herself to cause obscene casualties to the enemy while slowly backing up to the lines we've already created. Basically, a Case Blue, but shifted west. Unfortunate that we'd leave Bucharest to her fate, but puts our forces on a better footing to go "Wolverines!" on the Krauts? If we are facing significant Axis minor forces, we might even be able to turn that around and smack them down while Germany is buried deep into the Soviet Union?

Reactions:
Mega analysis and battle plan options incoming, please hold for demonic summoning.;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
if you put up a defence of Bucarest as well... I think it depends on the situation whether this is a viable option.

I would consider it critical to hold Bucharest. This is the last Romanian VP province, so if it falls, all of Romania falls and their 20-30 or so divisions suddenly disappear from the front lines, giving the Axis a sudden numerical superiority against the Turkish lines which is simply untenable.

Reactions:
I would consider it critical to hold Bucharest. This is the last Romanian VP province, so if it falls, all of Romania falls and their 20-30 or so divisions suddenly disappear from the front lines, giving the Axis a sudden numerical superiority against the Turkish lines which is simply untenable.
That would be quite a problem... The surrounding plains area is very exposed though, so there is a real risk of being cut off if the Turkish Army decided to try and hold Bucarest to the last in the face of a determined German Offensive... But, that doesn't mean Turkey shouldn't try to hold the city, just make sure your troops get out before they are cut off from the Defensive lines.

Reactions:
That would be quite a problem... The surrounding plains area is very exposed though, so there is a real risk of being cut off if the Turkish Army decided to try and hold Bucarest to the last in the face of a determined German Offensive... But, that doesn't mean Turkey shouldn't try to hold the city, just make sure your troops get out before they are cut off from the Defensive lines.

This is where I see the Mobile Corps coming into play, making quick counterthrusts to hold the line or moving to critical points to launch spoiling attacks. A mobile, elastic defense will carry the day here, if of course our generals are as skillful as the propaganda papers claim.

Reactions:
A mobile, elastic defense will carry the day here, if of course our generals are as skillful as the propaganda papers claim.
Let's hope we never have to find out...

Reactions:

While we're there we should hold the province just north of Bucureşti. Ploieşti is one of the biggest oil provinces of the world at that time period and Germans really tried hard to get to there and Allies to bomb there in our timeline. That is why I suggested to put the second line between the Danubian Delta and Timişoara through the Carpathian mountain range. The easternmost few provinces are plains but maybe rivers Olt and Siret are modeled in game which can help the defense. If somebody has the game handy, can he put a higher resolution terrain map of the Balkans?

Reactions:
the young officer and his colleagues have been told many a time by Inönü that “officers must not run, as it panics the troops!”)
I remember being told that at RMAS. I never forgot...

Phew. You’ve been posting at a much faster rate. It’s taken me a while to catch up again damn you :p

Well the British....dear me

And the breakthrough. I quote the Medeaval HRE when Richard I finally escaped his captors after the crusade: ‘look to yourselves for the devil is loose!’

Still gripping, masterful, storytelling

Reactions:
Thanks for all the responses and debate so far - am following, but in the most part will cover the points in a consolidated way during the Cabinet meeting. That will still be at least a couple of [real time] days off, so still time to talk things through a bit more! :)

A couple of quick points:
  • Am aware of Ploesti (it has VP value as well as the oil) but currently consider it to be just too exposed, in open country, on the assumption that if they’ve broken through that far it’s with German panzers that have already brushed aside the Soviets. Doesn’t mean I’d surrender it willingly, just being realistic.
  • Bucharest itself is a stretch in that context, but it’s both its IC/MP/LS value (for the Romanians) and the fact, as remarked, that Romania falls without it. Indeed I just have to do the VP vs NU check to make sure holding it would be enough - otherwise Ploesti comes back into calculations for defence. And (including the ones in the Far East) I really don’t want to lose those Romanian divisions.
  • Will provide some supplementary terrain maps as requested when I get the chance.
Thanks all for your engagement - the debate continues! :D

Celal Bayar
Prime Minister and Cabinet Secretary
28 February 1941

Last edited:
Reactions:
While we're there we should hold the province just north of Bucureşti. Ploieşti is one of the biggest oil provinces of the world at that time period and Germans really tried hard to get to there and Allies to bomb there in our timeline. That is why I suggested to put the second line between the Danubian Delta and Timişoara through the Carpathian mountain range. The easternmost few provinces are plains but maybe rivers Olt and Siret are modeled in game which can help the defense. If somebody has the game handy, can he put a higher resolution terrain map of the Balkans?

Am aware of Ploesti (it has VP value as well as the oil) but currently consider it to be just too exposed, in open country, on the assumption that if they’ve broken through that far it’s with German panzers that have already brushed aside the Soviets. Doesn’t mean I’d surrender it willingly, just being realistic.

I agree with @Bullfilter here. While in OTL the oil in Ploiesti was quite valuable, sadly in HoI3 it usually is not so important for Germany as they will run out of MP or resources to sustain their IC first.

Bucharest itself is a stretch in that context, but it’s both its IC/MP/LS value (for the Romanians) and the fact, as remarked, that Romania falls without it.

It's also an Urban terrain type, so the defenders will have a strong bonus to function as a lynchpin for the Blue Line.

Reactions:
It's also an Urban terrain type, so the defenders will have a strong bonus to function as a lynchpin for the Blue Line.

so, nobody likes my green line yet? :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
What follows is the views of Kelebek and the Demon Ring [postgraduate students and (bleurgh!) trainee officers...at least that's what the bodies look like...] on the situation at hand throughout the world. A separate post will be given on their recommendations for committee.

The longest of these sectors stretches from the Adriatic Sea to Timisoara in south-western Romania and is principally held by Turkey, with some Soviet reinforcement. It is the only sector which has not seen any Axis breakthrough in the last month. Indeed, the Axis has not even attacked, preferring to adopt a defensive posture on this front, which is largely manned by Italy, Hungary and Slovakia, with some German reinforcement, mainly as expeditionary forces.

It cannot be underlined enough that this is the most important front for Turkey in the war. If it falls, the chances of the country surviving let alone remaining strong enough to gain anything from a potential Soviet victory are slim. As it stands, it is also the second most important front for everyone else as well, since it is a highly defended line with lots of troops either side of it dedicated to it. For the Axis, it falling would basically doom western Russia, Romania and most of Turkey (Russia's only real ally) whilst for the Soviets, it ties up much Italian and Hungarian support for Germany whilst also guarding their long flank. Action along this line is unlikely because of the deteriorating situation elsewhere. For the Axis, they can wait for the Turks to abandon it for safer regions so long as the other fronts progress. For the Comintern, it is purely defensive in nature.

German advances made in the first half of the month (solid red arrows) were extended in the second (dashed arrows). The Soviets are maintaining an unbroken defensive line but it is a bit thin. The province retaken by the Soviets (Kybartai, blue arrow) is under heavy German counter-attack but has not yet fallen. The province to its north looks like it will fall soon to a powerful German attack.
The Germans have held onto Brest-Litovsk and punched through two provinces deep to its north, with a German heavy panzer division leading the way.

It seems unlikely the central sector will fall soon, as there seems to be sizable Russian troops there still. However, that isn't the issue here. The better the Germans do in the north along the Baltic coast, the more likely it is yet another front will open, this time with Finland. Should the Axis actually manage to link their northern push with Finnish lands...there could be a gigantic flanking manoeuvre incoming. Even if this proves to not be the case, the Germans themselves could flank the southern front, which of course would have similar affects to the Yugoslavian line being broken.

This is the most dangerous situation for the Soviets and potentially for Romania and Turkey too. The Germans have continued their persistent offensive in this area, which has not only regained all the Polish territory lost to the Soviets at the start of the war, but has now pushed well into Soviet territory, past Lwow. While there are significant Soviet forces in the area, they seem unable to halt the German panzer onslaught.
If this persists in the open terrain south of the Pripet Marshes, it threatens to outflank the Romanian defences, forcing them to defend on a wider front than they are likely to be capable of. Turkey cannot both hold the long Yeniçeri Line and defend Romania’s eastern border, while the Romanians and Soviets cannot be relied upon to put in a solid defence themselves, especially if the Soviets are falling back into their own hinterland to the east.

The greatest issue with the front here is that even if the flanks remain secure to the north and to the south, this front is still faltering by itself. And the Russians do not have the troops elsewhere to handle a break here. Essentially, no matter where the break in the Soviet line falls, the Germans can launch devastating flanking attacks. We can only hope that they are distracted by Romania and pause to take that country before continuing on into Russia and moving against Turkey...hopefully by which time Turkish and Russian forces will have fallen back behind prepared defences. We agree that this front is the most dangerous, as whilst a break along any other point could provide at least some warning or time for Turkish forces to retreat to the Calistar line, a break here might cause a mass rout all along the Patriotic Front.

Romania continues to hold its border with Hungary quite effectively, with Soviet assistance. But the Axis have retaken many of the Hungarian border provinces previously contested by the Comintern and have pushed a dangerous wedge into the previously occupied eastern Hungarian salient. In combination with the larger German breakout further north around Lwow, it is this movement that may force a strategic withdrawal from the Yeniçeri Line, possibly with barely a shot being fired there. Either to shorten the line and help defend Romania’s northern and eastern approaches, or indeed to fall back further to the prepared defences in depth, surrendering most of the Balkans. Which would be a cruel and disappointing blow for the Glorious Union.

We remind the Cabinet that Romania exists to serve, as a meat shield and as meat sacks, for the Republics. Sacrificing it to save or even buy time for Russian and Turkish retreats is allowable, if unfortunate. Whilst this abandonment essentially means the Soviets will almost certainly be the ones controlling Romania if the Comintern do end up winning the war, for Turkey to survive it might be worth it.

Of interest is the number of apparently new Soviet divisions (most rifle, some garrison or other troops types) that have recently appeared in depth positions, mainly around cities (though not all have been thus garrisoned so far). The first map gives a broad overview of these north of the Pripet Marshes, the second to the south of them. Is Stalin making his own preparations for a strategic withdrawal - or (we hope not) abject rout? Notably, the Finns remain neutral for now, though firmly in the Axis corner by alignment.

With respect, we must operate on the assumption that Russian defence plans are irrelevant in their execution. We must only assume that they will work and will tie up most of Germany's war machine. If either is untrue, Turkey is already doomed.

This front has not been too active, though the Japanese have made a few more gains than the Soviets in the last month – but only one of these was in the last two weeks (dashed arrow in the east).

Stalin should, and perhaps is attempting, to stabilise the fronts in as many places as possible. He must know that numbers and time are on his side. He must simply halt the advance and then he can martial troops to deal with each enemy at a time. Achieving that halt however, may prove impossible, and if successful will cost millions of lives in the process.

The situation in Libya has continued to deteriorate rapidly. In the last two weeks, the Italians have raced east and are now approaching the key port of Bengasi. Their steady progress in the two months since 31 December can clearly be seen in the overview below.
A more detailed view, showing terrain and units reveals most of the forces facing the Italians seem to be HQs! Whether the few front line British (Iraqi) units that had been holding the line have been pocketed and destroyed or withdrawn eastwards earlier is unknown – the British aren’t saying. There doesn’t seem to be much to stop the Italians before Alexandria, at this rate.
n Ethiopia, the British have largely completed the reoccupation. But this has been an unwanted and potentially disastrous distraction: those British units could have been securing North Africa instead of wasting their time down there. They all now appear to have been ordered to concentrate in Mombasa by strategic movement. It is hoped this means they will be shipped to Egypt to see to its defence from the approaching Italians. But this concentration looks like it will take some time.

Whilst this may seem disheartening, the British appear to be playing the exact strategy mentioned above: one front at a time. They have space, time and troops to spare and thus are ensuring slow success by taking acceptable losses (using imperial meat shields as expendable cannon fodder) and also drawing out a dwindling supply of Italian armies away from their own defended territories and towards British guns. To jump in-universe and ignore all AI mistakes, it seems like Chamberlain is using expendable Iraqi forces and HQ units to lure the Italians into a massive trap. And if a few imperial dissidents and troublesome bureaucrats/politicians are removed by the Italians in the meantime, well...that's all according to plan too. It's quite in character for him, as seen thus far in the AAR (are we even going to see him by the way, or is he going to remain a shadowy emperor figure running rings and pulling strings?).

Nothing has changed there. The map previously provided on 15 February showing the possible invasion route to Riyadh via Ad Dammam is reproduced below, for Cabinet consideration.

This will be discussed in the 'what the hell do we do next' report coming later.

In the last month, a few more fighting ships went to "Davy Jones’ Locker". The Germans lost another submarine flotilla and the Italians a destroyer flotilla and a transport. Three major surface ships were also lost. All of them were poor old relics that probably shouldn't still have been plying the world's naval combat zones. Certainly not against the foes they found themselves pitted against. [More Darwinian naval theory at play here! ;)]

The British continue to make the potential invasions of Rhodes, Arabia and (yes!) Italy and Africa easier for us by picking off Italian ships. At the very least, we shouldn't have to worry about a naval landing on the Calistar line anymore...unless the Germans want to fight the British to get there.

The War Cabinet will meet on 1 March 1941. The following agenda has been circulated by PM Bayar to all members [and key ministerial staff and advisors – ie all of you. ;)]

Noted. Kelebek will be there, along with a S.I.T.H. attachment. This time, the right decision must be made. And we are a little annoyed with our Intelligence ministers...

The S.I.T.H. report on Intelligence, war plans and general comments on where to go next is being compiled now. The screaming should halt before the end of the day, no later.

Reactions:
What follows is the views of Kelebek and the Demon Ring [postgraduate students and (bleurgh!) trainee officers...at least that's what the bodies look like...] on the situation at hand throughout the world. A separate post will be given on their recommendations for committee.

It cannot be underlined enough that this is the most important front for Turkey in the war. If it falls, the chances of the country surviving let alone remaining strong enough to gain anything from a potential Soviet victory are slim. As it stands, it is also the second most important front for everyone else as well, since it is a highly defended line with lots of troops either side of it dedicated to it. For the Axis, it falling would basically doom western Russia, Romania and most of Turkey (Russia's only real ally) whilst for the Soviets, it ties up much Italian and Hungarian support for Germany whilst also guarding their long flank. Action along this line is unlikely because of the deteriorating situation elsewhere. For the Axis, they can wait for the Turks to abandon it for safer regions so long as the other fronts progress. For the Comintern, it is purely defensive in nature.

It seems unlikely the central sector will fall soon, as there seems to be sizable Russian troops there still. However, that isn't the issue here. The better the Germans do in the north along the Baltic coast, the more likely it is yet another front will open, this time with Finland. Should the Axis actually manage to link their northern push with Finnish lands...there could be a gigantic flanking manoeuvre incoming. Even if this proves to not be the case, the Germans themselves could flank the southern front, which of course would have similar affects to the Yugoslavian line being broken.

The greatest issue with the front here is that even if the flanks remain secure to the north and to the south, this front is still faltering by itself. And the Russians do not have the troops elsewhere to handle a break here. Essentially, no matter where the break in the Soviet line falls, the Germans can launch devastating flanking attacks. We can only hope that they are distracted by Romania and pause to take that country before continuing on into Russia and moving against Turkey...hopefully by which time Turkish and Russian forces will have fallen back behind prepared defences. We agree that this front is the most dangerous, as whilst a break along any other point could provide at least some warning or time for Turkish forces to retreat to the Calistar line, a break here might cause a mass rout all along the Patriotic Front.

We remind the Cabinet that Romania exists to serve, as a meat shield and as meat sacks, for the Republics. Sacrificing it to save or even buy time for Russian and Turkish retreats is allowable, if unfortunate. Whilst this abandonment essentially means the Soviets will almost certainly be the ones controlling Romania if the Comintern do end up winning the war, for Turkey to survive it might be worth it.

With respect, we must operate on the assumption that Russian defence plans are irrelevant in their execution. We must only assume that they will work and will tie up most of Germany's war machine. If either is untrue, Turkey is already doomed.

Stalin should, and perhaps is attempting, to stabilise the fronts in as many places as possible. He must know that numbers and time are on his side. He must simply halt the advance and then he can martial troops to deal with each enemy at a time. Achieving that halt however, may prove impossible, and if successful will cost millions of lives in the process.

Whilst this may seem disheartening, the British appear to be playing the exact strategy mentioned above: one front at a time. They have space, time and troops to spare and thus are ensuring slow success by taking acceptable losses (using imperial meat shields as expendable cannon fodder) and also drawing out a dwindling supply of Italian armies away from their own defended territories and towards British guns. To jump in-universe and ignore all AI mistakes, it seems like Chamberlain is using expendable Iraqi forces and HQ units to lure the Italians into a massive trap. And if a few imperial dissidents and troublesome bureaucrats/politicians are removed by the Italians in the meantime, well...that's all according to plan too. It's quite in character for him, as seen thus far in the AAR (are we even going to see him by the way, or is he going to remain a shadowy emperor figure running rings and pulling strings?).

This will be discussed in the 'what the hell do we do next' report coming later.

The British continue to make the potential invasions of Rhodes, Arabia and (yes!) Italy and Africa easier for us by picking off Italian ships. At the very least, we shouldn't have to worry about a naval landing on the Calistar line anymore...unless the Germans want to fight the British to get there.

Noted. Kelebek will be there, along with a S.I.T.H. attachment. This time, the right decision must be made. And we are a little annoyed with our Intelligence ministers...

The S.I.T.H. report on Intelligence, war plans and general comments on where to go next is being compiled now. The screaming should halt before the end of the day, no later.
Bravo! Looking forward to the rest, Darth Kelebek. Even if certain of the Cabinet members may not be. ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Fear not, all views are under consideration and will be debated in Cabinet. In this kind of situation it is my method to have a range of possibilities - threats and responses - in mind, and some broad trigger points too. But because (unlike an invasion plan) it is very much reactive and dependent on circumstances, I will then play developments by ear. So a range of intermediate options is useful, in case things evolve differently from the ‘test worst case’ outlined in Situation Red. :)

Reactions:

This isn't a comment on the strategy itself (which has merits to it) but rather that comment, which inspired images of S.I.T.H. agents finding a crazed hermit drawing lines on maps with various colours of crayon. It seems no one can interact with this AAR for long without becoming a character or myth within it.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It seems no one can interact with this AAR for long without becoming a character or myth within it.
Correct Darth Kelebek - as LTCOL Diskoerekto, CO of the Moutaineer Komando School, has already discovered! :D The next mountain division to be produced there will be the first trained under his auspices. We will have to follow where it is employed and how it does ... ;)

Reactions: