• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MUNSTER
29dh5b4.jpg

9 March 1452 – 25 October 1452

Entry 10

The rift between Range and Robert was ever widening. However, there was one aspect of their disproval of one another was kept between themselves so as the king would never know.

The reason for Robert’s dislike for Range is that he doesn’t trust Range. In the eight year he’s known him, Range has not aged a single day. He’s stopped short of thinking of Range as being demonic, but nevertheless he felt there was something unholy for someone, anyone not to age.

Of course, there were other reasons for Robert and Range’s disputes.

fp8pqt.jpg

This of course wasn’t one of them. A good marriage helps the king to increase his claim on the throne through reputation and thus lessening the chance for revolts.

snck7m.jpg

Revolts in England is also a good thing…due to the Scots.

2gtdmjl.jpg

“We can never trust England…they play dirty,” said Robert. That both, Range and Robert also agreed on.

2hxq975.jpg

“Of course,” said Range, “fabricating a claim is the best way for us to go as well.”

2pt6ps6.jpg

The debate raged on. In this case, the issue both Range and Robert also agreed on.

“It’s ridiculous,” argued one kingdom official, “to waste our hard earned Administrative points on stability at this time. We need to advance in our techs, first.”

However, both Range and Robert urgently pleaded with the king to raise the stability, even one point.

2gxr4w3.jpg

“As you can see in this chart, my king,” said Range, “we are losing valuable resources each and every day due to our stability being too low.”

24v1v0w.jpg

Making Leinster into a core didn’t cause strife between Range and Robert. As you can see at the start of the coring process very little money is being passed along to the king’s coffers. Once the coring process has been completed taxes will rise dramatically (+75% positive tax modifier). Also, if anyone takes the province away after the core process is complete, Munster would have a casus belli on that country. And, due to the coring there's less of chance for revolts.

2rf6fxe.jpg

By October of 1452, the issues between Range and Robert were growing stronger by the day. But, what were some of the other issues that caused the rift between these two?

For one thing, Robert wanted Munster to go to war against England…the war raging between Scotland and England was a case in point that Robert pressed. “If were to go to war against England now, we could take Meath,” argued Robert.

“We just took Leinster,” said Range, “do we risk any further overextension at this time?”

The king’s answer was, “no”.

Robert was at a loss. He knew if he was to get his way, Range would have to fall out of good graces with the king.

“How about a round of golf, king?” asked Range.

It was late one afternoon that a kingdom official came to Robert. His name was Talbot. “Do you wish Range was not here?” Talbot asked.

“What would be the difference if I wished that or not?” asked Robert.

Talbot moved closer and offered Robert means of dispatching Range. If only a tiny part of this poison were to touch the slightest scratch in him…your wish would come true.”

Last edited:
Ooh...drama in the court! I'm gonna go with the outrageous guess and say that I believe that Range will get poisoned. :p good luck...

I am always amazed at how poorly AI England does in the first 15-20 years of most of the games I play, then they usually turn into giants! (historical lucky nations, this is to be expected, but sometimes, I like to randomize lucky nations - and they still often follow the same pattern). Defeat by France. Rebels. War of the Roses (I enjoy when the rebels win). "There's no way they are going to catch us/me." :cool:

20-30 years later... :glare:

I think I should try an Irish minor just for the fun of it! :)

Ooh...drama in the court! I'm gonna go with the outrageous guess and say that I believe that Range will get poisoned. :p good luck...

Yeah...and, hopefully a good storyline.

I am always amazed at how poorly AI England does in the first 15-20 years of most of the games I play, then they usually turn into giants! (historical lucky nations, this is to be expected, but sometimes, I like to randomize lucky nations - and they still often follow the same pattern). Defeat by France. Rebels. War of the Roses (I enjoy when the rebels win). "There's no way they are going to catch us/me." :cool:

20-30 years later... :glare:

I think I should try an Irish minor just for the fun of it! :)

I guess the early years would be a good time to catch them napping. As for this game, I don't think I can out tech them...or, outnumber them. You should try an Irish kingdom. It's a lot of fun.

Last edited:
You should try an Irish kingdom. It's a lot of fun.

I've seen some pretty interesting ways people have played some of the Irish minors in their bid to unite Ireland and become a great power. You're absolutely right, but I have too many GCs in too many games going on, on top of my professional work, I don't think I'll be getting onto trying one, maybe sometime after April.

Anyways, maybe I'll be picking up strategy ideas from you until then! :)

I've seen some pretty interesting ways people have played some of the Irish minors in their bid to unite Ireland and become a great power. You're absolutely right, but I have too many GCs in too many games going on, on top of my professional work, I don't think I'll be getting onto trying one, maybe sometime after April.

Anyways, maybe I'll be picking up strategy ideas from you until then! :)

There's a lot of ways to play the game. Mine is only one. Looking forward to all your posts, my friend.

Munster

29dh5b4.jpg

Entry 11

26 October 1452

When Range met Robert in the training room, who could have guessed what was the ultimate reason behind the otherwise playful event. They even laughed at one of their jokes as they selected their weapon from off the wall. However, the foul game would soon be put into action.

Through anyone’s eye, it might have appeared as some careless act. Robert was just waving his sword about as if it were a toy.

“Be careful Range warned just a brief moment before the tip of Robert’s sword tore through Range’s shirt, making an ever so slight scratch on his left shoulder. Range soon began to stumble as the room began to whirl. He fell face first onto the floor, unconscious.

A moment later, the first person that suddenly appeared was Range's good friend, Farly.

24vqq0z.jpg

Farly (Seen here in a photo of another journey)

Farly knelt down at his friend’s side. “Range!” he cried. Looking up at Robert, he fumed in asking, “What did you do? Let me see that blade,” he said rising to his feet.

2s9aiio.jpg

Farly (Current journey)

“My guess is there’s poison on the tip, isn’t there?”

Robert never got the chance to answer. A loud clang was heard as a large pot was leveled on the top of his head. He too, fell unconscious onto the floor.

Farly stared blankly, before asking, “where did you get that pot?”

spdhfd.jpg

Marium just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

“M-m-m-m,” Farly mused, “up to your old witches' tricks, are you?”

She then stared down at Range, her love, and surmised, “it would appear there's more than one spell (edited) I’ll have to cast.”

Last edited:
She then stared down at Range, her love, and surmised, “it would appear there's more than one trick I’ll have to perform.”

:eek:

Is spell a better word?

I suppose it depends on what your intention is! :p

I didn't know what to say without giving too much away, so I thought an emoticon would suffice! ;)

I suppose it depends on what your intention is! :p

I didn't know what to say without giving too much away, so I thought an emoticon would suffice! ;)

So, spell is a better word? Thank you, for giving me a reason to make a clarification.

Nah! Your penmenship is fine! :)

That's not what one radio talk host said to me, when I interned at WALK. He said, I wrote, "as if i just got off the boat."

That's not what one radio talk host said to me, when I interned at WALK. He said, I wrote, "as if i just got off the boat."

Regardless of the host, I gather that was probably a great internship? Several years ago, people said I had a voice for radio... :rofl:

Regardless of the host, I gather that was probably a great internship? Several years ago, people said I had a voice for radio... :rofl:

Everyone tells me I have the face for radio.

MUNSTER

I must admit, rather painfully for me, that for some ludicrous reason this AAR has to come to an abrupt end. However, with it's end comes a new beginning.

No…The English didn’t wipe out Munster. In fact, I was doing quite well in the new world (as you will see in the map at the end of this post).

The problem is…the new world in my game has too many uninhabitable provinces…including a second Connecticut. The problem stems from the fact that while I was playing this AAR, I installed the 1.4.1 patch.

There is nothing wrong with the upgrade. However, it does offer the player the opportunity of playing additional Native Tribes…one being the Pequot (who own Connecticut). Thus, the reason for the second Connecticut that shows up and is unplayable.

Please forgive…but, I'm thinking of stopping the AAR in this manner, as the game does not adhere to the game's features…other wise, if I don't stop I’ll go bonkers.

But...I have to continue---

So, with no further upheaval…the saga shall start anew with the promise this AAR shall be successfully completed. I hope all of you will like the new Munster.

However, the young Range has died…

MUNSTER

29dh5b4.jpg

Entry 12

17 February 2014

University of College Cork

2po2ku8.jpg

4id389.jpg

Where Finbarr Taught Let Munster Learn.
(Saint Finbarr the patron saint of Cork is said to have had his monastery and school of learning at the very spot where the college stands today. Thus, the school’s motto.)

“Professor Charles,” an assistant urgently cried out.

16ad3m0.jpg

Professor Charles of the history department at the University of College Cork.

Professor Charles, seated in his office looked up wondering what was the reason for such a summons as Robert MacAuliffe, his assistant bolted into the room.

“What is the matter?”

All out of breath, the young assistant tried to speak, but excitement raced through his veins. “I found this book…it was hidden away.”

“Filthy thing…it’s bindings are nearly gone,” said the professor, not showing to be the least bit excited about the find. “Well, put it down. What exactly do you think you’ve found?”

“Well, I took the liberty of reading the first page. It’s a HISTORY BOOK…it starts with the words…Through the efforts of many, one man led Ireland to become a great nation.” (spoiler)

The old professor, craned his neck to stare up at the antique map hanging on the wall behind him.

1z6fr53.jpg

Map of the world circa 1699.

Last edited:
Great job, Range! But sad that this had to end...:( We were just getting to the really exciting bit too!

A fitting end, or not so-fitting end, to another one of your AARs! I like all the green in North America! :cool:

R.I.P.

Nice to see a tiny bit of Aragon still alive...

Great job, Range! But sad that this had to end...:( We were just getting to the really exciting bit too!

Well, maybe you can help me to decide...I plan on restarting Munster tonight, from scratch. Do I continue using this AAR, or start anew? Because here's the point. I can restart the game...and all the provinces can be colonized. Also, there won't be two Connecticuts. I've already tested this to be true with another game.

A fitting end, or not so-fitting end, to another one of your AARs! I like all the green in North America! :cool:

R.I.P.

Nice to see a tiny bit of Aragon still alive...

Well, maybe you can help me to decide...I plan on restarting Munster tonight, from scratch. Do I continue using this AAR, or start anew? Because here's the point, I can restart the game...and all the provinces can be colonized. Also, there won't be two Connecticuts. I've already tested this to be true with another game.

However, something inside me is making me continue this ARR---

Last edited:
I would recommend...starting anew. Maybe a more descriptive title as well;) such as Emerald Isles or something like that. I'm sure you can think of something. :)