• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Range

General
12 Badges
May 9, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah sure)
(Vanilla game-Normal settings)

• To sum up what Range was faced with - one word can be used as a
description ... Spartan.

• Riga's military would consist of one regiment and one cog for a very
long ...long ...long, long . .long, long, long time.

• The funds that were gained would come solely through production and taxes.

• Trade would be non-existing...not one ducat gained.

• Inflation would have to be kept as low as possible - if not at - 0 -.

• Loans would spell death for Riga (especially in the beginning)

• Riga's allies, or in most cases their ally would have to be chosen wisely (or,
forced upon us).

Riga -1453
The tale will be told by me, as it was passed on to me by Range my father.

• Do not judge Range, too harshly in hearing the account.

• There was a reason for every one of his actions.

• Believe me when I say that the survival of the small nation of Riga was foremost in his mind and heart.

• Remember, the road to greatness is not an easy road to take when you begin with close to nothing.

• When you begin with nothing, the prospect of even surviving seems remote, but not as impossible as the attempt to make Riga into one of the greatest countries that ever existed.

• Greatness comes in many forms, by the way military might, trade, or in the Riga's greatness through prestige.

• It began in May of 1453 with the first Riga council meeting.

• In attendance with my father for Riga's first council meeting were six others.

• They were thought to be the most learned men of Riga. Of course, remember Riga was very small. Its capital Riga had barely 1500 people. So, the chances for there being truly brilliant men in Riga were slim at best.

May 30, 1453

2e3385k.jpg

The men in attendance were:
• Herman - finance.

• The three brothers: Conrad (Production), Cune (land) and Contze (Navy)

• Thomas – Religion

• Otte - Trade.

• In hearing my father say the three brother's names, I had to laugh.

• My father recalled that he had to bite his tongue to keep from snickering

• "Excuse me, Conrad, Cune and Contze is it?" My father asked them.

• "Yes, sir," they replied almost in unison."

• "Correct me if I'm wrong," said Range, almost thinking about not continuing. "I
know only a little of your language. But, isn't the name Cune and Contze a sort of a pet name for Conrad?"

• The three brothers nodded yes, and sort of chuckled.

• "Our mother loved the name Conrad,” the brothers explained.

• "So, all three of you could answer to the name of Conrad ... doesn't that become
confusing?"

• The three brothers looked at one another, and leaned together to converse. It was Conrad that soon replied, "Not to our mother it doesn't."

• "Well, it is to me," Range remembered commenting to himself beneath his breath.

1 December 1453

• Thanks to the hard work of the Riga's council, the infant country doubled the nation's stability almost over-night.

• Teutonic Order became Riga's first ally (Riga needed a ally)

• As for the Teutonic Order ... Range didn't truly like or trust them. "They'd stab us in the back as soon as to look at us" he openly argued.

• Of course for that reason alone, Riga didn't dare turn them down. Keeping with the old adage, "Keep you friends close, but keep your enemies closer." He decided to keep them real close.

9 December 1453

• Hanseatic League is formed with Riga being a member.

ei2hs7.jpg

• This might have been a reason why Riga did so well, without actively trading in a market.

The Hanseatic League (also known as the Hanse) was an alliance of trading cities and their guilds that established and maintained a trade monopoly along the coast of Northern Europe, from the Baltic to the North Sea (13th-17th centuries)

7 November 1454

• Riga had gained its full stability.

• To Range's dismay it also came at the time when war raised its ugly head.

• Teutonic Order had sounded the Call to Arms due to the aggression of Novogrod.

• Range agreed to the Teutonic Order terms of engagement – Riga’s troops would be used solely for defensive measures.

• Seeing that the nation still only had one regiment to assemble for war, there wasn't much more she could expected to do.

• Basically, the Teutonic Order's reason for an alliance with Riga was that in times of war they could be certain that Riga would not be able to take advantage of them and take over a province when they weren't looking.

• As for the war, and staying on the sidelines ... this was impossible for Range.

• When the enemy came close to Riga, and its troops could assist to turn the tide, Range led his forces into battle.

16020ec.jpg

r9r2c3.jpg

ke8ysg.jpg

• Of course, the war lasted longer than expected (they all do).

• After a string of victories and short line of defeats the war ended on

Shortly after the war, there was sort of a falling out within the council.

8 January 1458

• The council was called to assembly to discuss ways to jumpstart our economy.

• Otte spoke up, rather brashly. In his usually, no nonsense stance he was rather persistent in his arguing with Range to point of being downright rude.

• My father, Range held his temper. But in his usually manner he pointed out the facts to Otte. "I could very easily do without you."

9 January 1458

• That next morning, the council was one head short. It seems that Otte, Riga's trade minister had met with an untimely accident (he was gone).

• "We still have a glaring problem in economy," began Range in opening remarks to the council. "Are there any suggestions?"

• Cune and Contze huddled up for a moment t the table, before suggesting a remedy for the nation's situation.

• Cune suggested that Riga build a larger army and go to war.

• Contze's suggestion was similar, but he wanted us to build a larger navy for the same reason ..

• Conrad clapped his hands over his ears not wanting to hear Range's reply and began to lament, "Woe is me."

• Range sighed in disbelief and asked, "You both do realize that we are at our arm force's limit ... any additional troops will bankrupt us for sure. And, besides that who would you like us to go to war with?"

• "Whom," Conrad corrected me, before placing his hands over his mouth.

• Both, Cune and Contze then in unison replied, "Gotland."

• "What," Range yelled, "our ally?"

• Dad said that he then stared at Conrad.

• The man had covered his eyes.

10 January 1458

• Needless to say the next day, the council was shay two persons when it convened.

• "Conrad," said Range, "I want to offer my deepest condolences for the
loss of your brother's Cune and Contze who are no longer with us."

• Range then turned to the business at hand and put the same question that he had asked the day before to the three surviving councilmen (Herman, Thomas and Conrad).

• After pondering the issue for a moment Herman then suggested that we raise funds through the act of dropping some of our Government and production funding and place the ducas into the treasury instead.

• "Why...I don't know," said Range, before reasoning, "but, won't that bring up inflation?"

• "Only a tad and the benefits willed be enormous," replied Herman.

11 January 1458

• The council met with one less member that morning.

• Thomas (Clergy) died during the night of natural causes. He passed away at the age of 76...dying of old age in his sleep.

• He was a saintly man. And, it would seem so was his son his son Alfred – (who was the main reason why Riga was able to get chosen by the Pope as an Elector’s of the Holy Roman Empire years later).

16 July 1458

• The council was shay one other member that morning.

• Herman would no longer be able to attend another council meeting, or anything again.

• Inflation had risen to .4 percent. Now that might not sound much, but to a country that is only earning 8 ducats a year it was too much to allow to continue. Riga was barely breaking even.

• With Herman gone, Conrad was the only other member (besides Range) on
the council.

• As Conrad nervously took his seat at the far end of the table from Dad, he raised his hand like some schoolboy wanting to be excused.

• "You have a question, Conrad?" Asked Range.

• "Excuse me for asking this." He swallowed hard as he composed his words in his mind. "If it would not be too much of an imposition, I would like to resign."

• Immediately after hearing Conrad, Range dropped his head to the table in
disbelief. "Ow," said Range. He didn't bother to raise his head, just waved him to leave.

• With the closing of the door Range was alone. He began to talk to himself and as he spoke his words were muffled against the table. "I'm going to have to find another council."

8 August 1485

2a4yd6e.jpg

“That’a boy Alfred…” (Of course the king took the credit.)

4 January 1507

331gg09.jpg

• It was the morning after Range had (due to the lack of a better description) run through his twelfth council that he sat alone in the council chamber.

• In entered Johann Von Wallenrodt (the newly King appointed Gov't Tech advisor).

• Neither, Range or Johann had met before.

• Having just entered the chambers, Johann stopped to look about the room.

• He looked confused, as he asked, "Excuse me, sir...am I in the right room?"

• "Well, I supposed you are in the right room if you're looking for the Council
Chambers," replied Range.

• "I was told to report to someone named Range...that there was a council meeting going on."

• "That's right...and, if you're Johann Von Wallenrodt we can begin the meeting."

• He gazed about the large room that was stately decorated and marveled "Just the two of us?" Johann took a seat at the far end of the table.

• "Yeah, I find it easier that way ... fewer disagreements." Range paused for a moment. Then, he commented, "Of what I’ve heard about you, I’d say we’re cut from the same you and I."

• Johann had been taken by surprised by that comment. He smiled weakly, before He nodded gently.

• Johann would prove to be a great reason why Riga would make great leaps and bounds in the Government advancements over the next fifty years.

Last edited:
this should be interesting! a real challenge, can you survive novgorod and muscovy?

I can if the Teutonic Order stops starting trouble with them.

You are sandwiched inbetween the Teutonic Order, Novgorod and Muscovy; this should surely be something to watch!

Hopefully, Lithuania takes wenden and samogitia, which means no land connection to Estonia. Which in turn, means that YOU dear friend might just get some provinces from rebels soon. Anyway, this is gonna be interesting. *Subscribinationed*

Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure)

Part 2

1 June 1555

• Range decided it was time to begin colonizing the new world.

• Puerto Rico was selected as the initial colony in the near future.

19 September 1555

• Tuetonic Order’s call to arms and Range and Riga answered it. Of course it was only supposed to be a defensive role against Novgorod and Muscovy (Before the war came to an end, Range had to rally his forces to defend Riga).

1 January 1556

• Rica's coffers were at an all-time low .87 ducats as the war raged on.

5 February 1556

Great News!

2w595ip.jpg

As the war waged on, the colonists that had been sent out prior to the start of the war had successfully set up a colony on Puerto Rico.

23 July 1556

• Johann Von Wallenrodt died peacefully in his sleep.

• During his time as Government Advisor, Johann and Range pretty much ran the country.

• Due to Johann's knowledge and leadership, Riga's advancements (due to its size as a nation) were heralded worldwide.

• After Johann’s death, Range trusted no one else a for a long time as there was no need for a larger council then one.

• Riga begins enlistment for a second regiment of Janissary Infantry.

9 January 1559

• After a horrific battle just outside the capital, Range orders the evacuation of the city. The fort’s defenders vowed to hold out, as the King and his court leave with the entire populace (making their way west into Tuetonic Order held provinces).

• After retreating into Livland - Range's forces immediately began besieging
Novgorod's defended fort.

6 February 1559

• As the sieges raged in Riga and Livland, Range sent a message to the King of Riga.

• The following was the message that Range sent:

My King, the one that God himself has anointed to rule our great nation.

Look not at what many believe to be our escape from death, but instead as a way for Riga to remain free.

Knowing that our troops faced complete and utter annihilation, I saw only one way to save Rigar. I gathered what forces I had left and drove them hard to Livland. As our defenders in Riga still stand, the forces with me are about to storm the fort in Livland.

If it pleases my King, I pray you send a message for a white peace to the King of Novgorod.

May God be with us.

Your humble servant always,
Range

• The wishes of Kings can be moved within in a day or it may take as long as a lifetime. Thankfully in this case, this war, it was not the latter.

• The King of Novgorod tired of war, accepts a white peace agreement.

• The truth be known, it was the fort in Riga that was about to fall and not the fort in Livland. But, at times, history and the winds can be more than kind.

• The war was over and there were no winners.

24 June 1561

• Riga agreed to an alliance with France.

• There would be no more need to align Riga with the Teutonic Order.

• The fear of turning down the Teutonic Order request for alliance had been
Removed.

30 October 1563

• We entered into a trade agreement with Munster.

• Our monthly payout is lowered from - 0.25 to - 0.14

Last edited:
You are sandwiched inbetween the Teutonic Order, Novgorod and Muscovy; this should surely be something to watch!

This should be entertaining that's for sure. I just hope we survive long enough so I use some tales.

Hopefully, Lithuania takes wenden and samogitia, which means no land connection to Estonia. Which in turn, means that YOU dear friend might just get some provinces from rebels soon. Anyway, this is gonna be interesting. *Subscribinationed*

Or, a great big-bad ally.

Well, um I GUESS that would work. Anyway interesting that a opm colonized something! Keep up the good work and don't let yourself get killed.

Well, um I GUESS that would work. Anyway interesting that a opm colonized something! Keep up the good work and don't let yourself get killed.

What's a opm?

:rofl:Lol mate, you're playing as a opm but you had no idea what it was.:rofl:

:rofl:Lol mate, you're playing as a opm but you had no idea what it was.:rofl:

I'll be lucky to survive...

But, I plan to have a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!)

Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!)
The best defense for Riga was Prestige. As long as their Prestige remained high and they didn’t do something stupid they would be safe. As it was, everyone loved Riga as a new era began…the era of expansion.

Most of the tension for other nations came from the trade markets. Because Riga belonged to the Hanseatic League they basically had a monopoly. They were also an elector for the Holy Roman Empire (talk about an ally).

Colonial Expansion:

• Realizing that Riga was never going to survive with just production and taxes alone Range began to search reports of good lands to colonize.

• The biggest problem was Range requested that there would never be less than 40 ducats in reserve at all times.

• At first, this edict caused a huge problem as Riga was only be able to send one group of colonists every two years (Riga was receiving only 11.8 ducats at the end of each year).

• In time money began to flow in larger amounts, as Riga’s colonies began to spring up and improvements were made.

• Cessation of Church Function helped – exchanging lower taxes for 150 ducats.

• Due to our National bank National Idea, inflation was back down to 0.

• With inflation now non-existent, costs of colonists and province’s improvement came with low price tags (Courthouses, Fort 1, cost less than 50 ducats).

Realizing that Riga was never going to survive, with no trading and very little production Range began searching reports for good lands to colonize.

This is where my father’s reputation suffers the most:

1. With what was considered as little more than a land grab Riga began gobbling up islands and territories and holding onto them for years until Riga truly began to colonize them.

2. The slaughtering of the natives of many islands:
Although it was true that on many of the Caribbean Islands, Range had the army completely wipe out the natives, one must consider the treatment he gave to the tribe on the Bahamas islands, as well as the Seminoles and Timucua natives.

With all this said Range understood there had to be certain rules to follow in order to survive just to colonize.

1. The nation could take no loans (loans are death) – thus the reason for keeping a fund of at least forty ducats at all times.

2. Allies are great, especially the great powers. However do not follow them into unfair wars (wars where your ally started the war)

3. Inflation must be keep at -0- (no money should be going into the treasury unless you have the National bank idea. Later on when you begin building Tax assessors you can slowly begin to add to your monthly allocation to fill your treasury coffer.

4. Try to bunch your colonies.

5. The national stability must be kept as high as possible at all times.

6. Trading is a no-no. In trading, you must push other nations out of the trading market for you to have success. It is this action of pushing a country out of the market that causes harsh feelings and eventually leads to war.

7. Reputation is very important to a small country like Riga – The greater the reputation with a country the least likely they will start a war with you.

8. Armies – they are costly but needed when defending a colony, or getting rid of some pesky (quarrelsome) natives. It grieves me to say that last line, as I it must have grieved Range to say and to act on it as our family is part native American.

9. Advisors: This is where Range changed his philosophy – They would be no use for Complete Chance or even Colonist chance. Instead, he concentrated on adding advisors of the Government, Prestige, Production and military and Reputation advisory skills.

The Land Grab:
Range’s philosophy on expansion:
“The most important thing is that we have room to expand…we claim the land by starting a colony and build them into cities as we go along…the most important thing is that we have the room to expand. And, once we have the land there’s no rush to populate it.”

Of course Range’s philosophy only works if Riga stays far away from foolish wars and their prestige and relationship with other countries remains high. In Riga’s case, she managed to accomplish all three.

Puerto Rico – colonized in 1564 – became a city in 1587
Seminole – colonized in 1568 – became a city in 1625
Bahamas – colonized twice 1570 and 1590 – became a city in 1604
Bermuda – colonized in 1575 – became a city in 1705 (130 years)
Timucua – colonized in 1578 – became a city in 1643
St Kitts – colonized in 1627 – became a city in 1638
St. Thomas – colonized in 1638 – became a city in 1647
Cape – colonized in 1647 – became a city in 1660
Arica – colonized in 1649 – became a city in 1729
Lesser Namaqualand – colonized 1651 – became a city in 1675
Guadeloupe – colonized in 1657 – became a city in 1683
Dominica – colonized in 1657 – became a city in 1687
St. Lucia – colonized in 1664 – became a city in 1695
Trinidad – colonized in 1666 – became a city in 1700
Copiapo – colonized in 1671– became a city in 1732
Little Karoo – colonized in 1676 – became a city in 1717
Turks Island – colonized in 1698 – became a city in 1706
Cape Verde – colonized in 1715 – became a city in 1721
Greater Namaqualand – colonized in 1725 – became a city in 1765

During the expansion and colonization a lot of good took place, as well as the bad:

Here again is where my father’s image is tarnished.

War with the natives:

• St. Lucia – 1300 Fierce (11 rating) natives were killed in battle. In this case Range found he had no alternative to wiping out the inhabitants of the island.

• And, then there was Puerto.

Puerto Rico

• Range never knew for certain whether his sending of 1000 troops to Puerto Rico in April 1565 started the problems with the Natives or not.

• But, two groups of colonists were wiped out following the troop’s arrival. (Once in April 1565 and again in July 1566.)

• 2 June 1567 - The citizens of Puerto Rico stood shoulder to shoulder with the army to defend the colony in repulsing the natives and driving them off.

• 7 January 1579 – native uprising caught the army napping and battle ensues.

11jogfm.jpg

• In all a village of 1000 native warriors had to be wiped out in Puerto.

But, one of the worse colonization tragedies happened in the Bahamas. Yet, with the passage of time a marvelous tale was born as two great nations became one.

Bahamas

• There was a large contingent of 4800 natives on the Bahamas islands. In the beginning they were peaceful.

• On 8 August 1584 a plaque hit the Bahamas and 200 natives died. Range (spending 40 ducats) and the colonists on the island did everything they could to help the natives thru this plaque, but many of the lesser chiefs blamed the colonists for the sickness.

• On 3 June 1586 - The natives repay the Bahamas colony’s kindness by wiping out the still small Riga (less than 200 souls) settlement.

2z8x2zo.jpg

• After three failed attempts to re-colonize the island, Range pledged there would only be one more attempt in resettling it.

• In hopes to guarantee success on this last attempt, Range accompanied the colonists.

• 20 January 1590 – the colony took hold. Shortly thereafter Range searched out the leaders of the tribes.

• His guide was Michael, a Catholic convert, a native of the islands.

• When Range first approached Michael on the idea of having him be a guide, he didn’t seem too happy about the idea.

• But, one day he came to Range with some news. All the chiefs had gathered together for a great meeting on the main island.

• “Great,” said Range, “we should go to the camp immediately…and, you can be my interpreter.”

• “Okay,” said Michael, glumly. “But, let me say goodbye to my family first…because we probably won’t be coming back…you know.”

The meeting of two nations:

• When Range and Michael reached the outskirts of the camp, they were immediately grabbed and brought into the camp under guard.

• “I’ve come to speak to your leaders.”

• “We know why you’ve come,” said one chief in English. “Come…enter our council lodge and we shall speak.”

• Range smiled at the chief and calmly said, “Oh, you have a council lodge, too…huh?”

• The chief glared at Range.

• Range looked back at Michael, who wasn’t following. “Well, what are you waiting for…come on?”

• Michael looked at the two warrior bookends that wee standing on both sides of him before attempting a first step. His foot never touched the ground until he was back in place between the two warriors. “No, I think I’ll stay right here with my friends…besides many of the chiefs know English already.”

• Range entered the lodge with the chief.

• Inside the lodge there were many chief, but one in particular was noticeably above them all.

• Range considered the natives on Bahamas as a nation, as truthfully they had almost a many people as Riga had. The strange truth of this meeting was that the many chiefs in attendance that day had wanted to meet Range (the enemy chief) as much as Range wanted to meet them.

• “My name is Range…I come from far away. My intentions now is to settle here on these beautiful islands and make them my and my people’s home.”

• “But, this is our islands!” One chief angrily voice his displeasure. Thankfully, he was quieted by a slight movement of the hand of the Great Chief.

• “Yes…yes, it is your islands, but it will also be our islands.”

• “We are aware what you and your people did to other natives on other islands,” said the Great Wise Chief in a more gentle, but firm voice.

• “Yes, we fought natives on other islands,” Range replied in kind. “But, it was never our intention.” Range paused for a moment to reflect on what was, and what could be. “My people are no different than your people…we want the same as what your people want…to live free and care for our families.”

• “You talk of freedom?” said the Noble Great Chief. “But, you also bring death.”

• “We did not bring the plague knowingly…it followed us…and, we stopped it and even helped your people survive it.”

• “Tell me again what makes you like my people?” Asked the The Great Noble Chief (Okay we get the point-He’s the great, wise, noble chief that all looked to his wisdom).

• Range paused for a moment to formulate a thought that had come into his mind, maybe something that he heard long ago. It came to him quite easily as he watched a native woman begin to pass out small cakes filled with meat to all the chiefs and to Range. Holding the cake in his hand, Range began to explain. “This food that I has been handed me sort of reminds me of the apple pie my mother use to make. My mother was a great cook. My mouth waters in thinking of that apple pie. But, no matter how hard or how long she took to prepare that apple pie it was only as good as the ingredients that went into it. People are like that apple pie…as they are only as good as the ingredients that went into them.”

• “And, chiefs…what are they like?” The head chief asked (Okay that’s better). Range who’s telling this story, me or you?

• “Leaders or chiefs are also like my mother’s apple pie…they are only as good as the ingredients that went into them.”

• The great chief laughed loudly with understanding and asked, “Range…are you a sour apple?”

• “Nah, I come from my mother and father…like your mother and father they only had the best of ingredients in them.”

• “Time will tell Range,” he said reaching out his hand in friendship.

• Range and the great chief shook hands and the chiefs and all their people soon rejoiced, as did the colony.

22 September 1604 – Bahamas becomes a city of 5844 people.

25qf2hj.jpg

• Immediately, 1000 troops land on island.

• Range assured the great chief that the troops had arrived merely to defend the island against foreign enemies.

• Two months later the Great Chief died of mysterious accounts. Some say that the great chief was spirited away by the Great Spirit. Range said “it was time for him to go.” (Range’s remark can be taken two ways – The question remains – was the chief done away with, or did he just go off and die?)

• My father always swears that he had no involvement what so ever to harm the great chief. In stating what my father says I have to wonder what he does know.

Sadly, the majority of the time the natives were brutally handled.

• St. Kitts – 1000 natives warriors were killed

• Lesser Namaqualand – a village of 500 natives was wiped out.

• Guadeloupe – 2000 warriors were subdued

• Dominica – Another 2300 natives had to be eliminated.

• Trinidad – Another 2000 natives were killed.

• Greater Namaqualand saw the worse massacre of island natives as 4000 natives fought and died for their land.

• Counting the number of natives that had been killed on St’ Lucia, over 15,000 island warriors were killed in battle.

In the end, it became clear to the natives that if they fought the people from sea they would surely die. To save what little they had they slowly began to join the new people and live.

• The natives that did join the colonies were treated as equals. This was mainly due to my father as we are of native American Heritage.

• Of all the colonies Cape was the most strategic. The island was settled mainly to give troops and the navy a base to leap from to assist the Teutonic Order provinces along the South American coast.

• About 3000 to 4000 were kept in readiness on the island.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say this but this is getting pretty dull. Can't you go fight against some nation? I mean, with your colonies and everything you should pretty much have the forcelimits, manpower and gold to train a REAL army.

I have to disagree about this being dull. Some really captivating accounts (I loved the Great Chief one). Of course European expansion would be interesting from where you started as you should have the resources now, but there are plenty of all-out war AARs out there and this certainly has a different flow.

Good writing too, no reason to type pages and pages when there isn't that much to tell about. Nice job!

Well, I did like your story writing, but after that it just went like this: ''Colonized here, natives wiped out of there, trade expanded in that place''. If you could a write a STORY about for example a merchant expanding trade in a cot, no complaints from me.

Well, I did like your story writing, but after that it just went like this: ''Colonized here, natives wiped out of there, trade expanded in that place''. If you could a write a STORY about for example a merchant expanding trade in a cot, no complaints from me.

That was juat a way to get the expansion out of the way.

The next two segments have stories.

I have to disagree about this being dull. Some really captivating accounts (I loved the Great Chief one). Of course European expansion would be interesting from where you started as you should have the resources now, but there are plenty of all-out war AARs out there and this certainly has a different flow.

Good writing too, no reason to type pages and pages when there isn't that much to tell about. Nice job!

Thank you. Riga is not like any other nation. There's nothing to fight with. Everyone at this point loves Riga.